• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

So awesome...

Larue now needs to make a bag 2" longer for my 18" X-Ray 51 MF ... either that or a ukulele case
I think it will fit perfectly with an 18" barrel , I think you'll be Good To Go

Mike R.

Reactions: crispy
Looked like a stink bug in the scope. Never got to find out for sure.. 103 yards.

643611E7-8EBF-4F44-8B51-497AC2982933.jpeg

I bought a Tango from a hide member. Anyone run a CGS Hyperion? If so what thread adapter did you use?

I bought a Tango from a hide member. Anyone run a CGS Hyperion? If so what thread adapter did you use?

Reactions: HunterH
We use Federal Tactical Tip Match King for bad guys it seems to work well it doesn't over Penetrate like the fed match does. I would assume it would work well on Deer & Hogs...

Mike R
Their T308T is the shit.
Best open air round for mission specific deployment.
It is the only thing I have ever seen shoot equal to or better accuracy than the GM308M across a broad spectrum of rifles and chambers.

We use Federal Tactical Tip Match King for bad guys it seems to work well it doesn't over Penetrate like the fed match does. I would assume it would work well on Deer & Hogs...

Mike R

i may need to check it on some hogs. deer i really want a full pass through with exit wound pouring if i dont shoot head/eye/skull base.

I'm not Terry or Mike, but I'm also a fan of the TMK. My Delta-51 out shoots me with the Fed LE 168TMK, averaged 2625 fps or so.
Is your Fed ammo marked stock #T308T or T308TTMk2?

You are probably aware but others may not know that the bullets used in the Tactical TRU (Tactical Rifle Urban) are not TMKs as everybody has come to know them over the last few years.

Totally different bullet custom made by Sierra for Federal in 168gr and 175gr just for that TRU line.

The 30 cal. TMKs that have been available for a few years are not traditional "MatchKings" in that they use a totally different ogive profile that is less forgiving. Higher BC but not as forgiving across many rifles and chambers as the old school Match King ogive used on original 168 and 175 MKHPBT.

Federal knows this and even though they have loaded the Sierra TMK, they knew it would not be as consistent as the traditional MK across the market of users. Accordingly, they engaged Sierra to produce a new bullet with traditional MK ogive, do some slight tweaks to the jacket and core to reliably work on meat and then add a blue plastic tip instead of the Green tip seen on Sierra TMKs.

.....edited for spelling because I can't F'ing type.....

Last edited:

You are probably aware but others may not know that the bullets used in the Tactical TRU (Tactical Rifle Urban) are not TMKs as everybody has come to know them over the last few years.

Totally different bullet custom made by Sierra for Federal in 168gr and 175gr just for that TRU line.

The 30 cal. TMKs that have been available for a few years are not traditional "MatchKings" in that they use a totally different ogive profile that is less forgiving. Higher BC but not as forgiving across many rifles and chambers as the old school Match King ogive used on original 168 and 175 MKHPBT.

Federal knows this and even though they have loaded the Sierra TMK, they knew it would not be as consistent as the traditional MK across the market of users. Accordingly, they engaged Sierra to produce a new bullet with traditional MK ogive, do some slight tweaks to the jacket and core to reliably work on meat and then add a blue plastic tip instead of the Green tip seen on Sierra TMKs.

So T308T is what I want?

Their T308T is the shit.
Best open air round for mission specific deployment.
It is the only thing I have ever seen shoot equal to or better accuracy than the GM308M across a broad spectrum of rifles and chambers.

I agree with Terry 100% this ammo is The Shit and shoots as good if not better than the Fed Match 168 BTHP's...
We did a lot of testing at the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Special Enforcement Bureau with glass penetration & deflection , ballistic gel tests , accuracy and hands down it passed with flying colors.

Mike R.

Reactions: Tokay444

Thanks, Terry. I can't recall offhand, but I will double check.

Reactions: Terry Cross
IMG_0071.JPG
Got the call, "Elvis has left the building". In the appointed number of days, Elvis appeared on the front porch.

@MikeRTacOps said it would be flawless and the description is entirely appropriate.

The test target is .039". It remains hidden from Elvis as I don't want him to become depressed when he sees his next group.

Delta 66
Surgeon
ZCO 5-27 Impact 3X
ARC rings
Trigger Tech Diamond 2 Stage

Thanks Mike.

View attachment 7983238Got the call, "Elvis has left the building". In the appointed number of days, Elvis appeared on the front porch.

@MikeRTacOps said it would be flawless and the description is entirely appropriate.

The test target is .039". It remains hidden from Elvis as I don't want him to become depressed when he sees his next group.

Delta 66
Surgeon
ZCO 5-27 Impact 3X
ARC rings
Trigger Tech Diamond 2 Stage

Thanks Mike.
Your most welcome my Ninja 🥷 thank you for being a complete gentleman and a class act during the build process. You got one of your bucket list items you've been wanting for a while;) Enjoy and I'm here if you have any additional questions 😉

Mike R.