• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

Some 308 fun today. Used 150 grain plinking rounds @ 200 yds. Shooting a few inches low compared to my 168 SMK load.

20220710_161253.jpg

20220710_161302.jpg

Some competition for the day. :)

20220710_154752.jpg

4 rounds of crappy plinker and at an inch @ 200 yards.
20220710_163433.jpg

Typically after 2 pm. Though today it was full of AR shooters and I moved there when they departed. Didn't even begin to setup, noticed they were packing and just waited.

What time do you get there to always get the last bench at 200??

Reactions: brianf
X-Ray 51 getting ready to be put on the Fed Ex. truck to head to Tomball Texas to a Tac Ops Ninja...

Mike R.

Bravo and Charlie Series is missing that's all. Not even sure which those are. Nor if he still makes them.

Reactions: brianf
@mheimer_45 i was in the same boat when I started looking his website. It’s the easiest to send him a PM then he will respond with a number to call him at. I’m not an expert on his series but the stocks are what the major differences are I think. No matter how busy he is he will always answer. He never sleeps somehow. Hope that helps.

The barrels will be krieger. I don’t think I spelled it right. The other stuff he will go over with you…triggers, bottom metal, if you want one of this muzzle breaks or not.

McMillan A5-Xray
McMillan A3-Delta
McMillan U10-Victor
Manners Folder- MF
McMillan A4-Lima

Reactions: kthomas
When a website isn't working, try these variations:
  • www.[insert domain].com
  • [insert domain].com
  • you could also try http vs https, but that usually isn't a factor
Sometimes the web guys don't set up the server domain records quite right, and [insert domain].com doesn't work, but adding the www to the front works. (or was is the other way around…been a while!)

On my end, tacticaloperationsbeverlyhills.com works in all the variations I mentioned, so if you're still having trouble, can't help ya.

Except…one time I was having all sorts of issues connecting to random websites. My ISP (comcast), my router manufacturer, and my cable modem manufacturer were all of no use. I was pulling my hair out. Doing a traceroute was giving me super-weird paths.

Finally, I came across a tip: Before bed, unplug your cable modem ALL NIGHT (and router for the heck of it), the longer the better. What this does is increase the chances your ISP will assign you a new IP number. BAM! That worked.

Fuckers!

Reactions: DJL2
Another lefty. Just got it a week or so ago. Mike is awesome and the rifle is definitely something to be ogled. Out of town right now but I’ll get some more pictures when I can. Suppressor is in jail for a while but I’m sure it will be awesome.

View attachment 7924991

The wait on the can hurts. Especially since my shop screwed up and sat on the paperwork for almost 2 months

Reactions: clonebuilder
Went out with the new-to-me shorty Tango. Shot lights out. Just a beast. Noticed i may not like how the March behaves at higher mag. will probably be swapping over to all ZCO.

PXL_20220806_141822005.jpgPXL_20220806_141720713.jpgPXL_20220806_141808125.jpg

Group is 5 shots in the middle after I sighted in the two up top and the one just underneath.
PXL_20220806_150554883.jpg

Last edited:
Went out with the new-to-me shorty Tango. Shot lights out. Just a beast. Noticed something on the reticle in the March scope and how it was very blurry on the edges above 20x. I think I'm going to have to ship it back to Japan.

View attachment 7927883View attachment 7927884View attachment 7927885

Group is 5 shots in the middle after I sighted in the two up top and the one just underneath.
View attachment 7927886

Do you have a TacOps suppressor on that rifle?

Reactions: Charger442
I'm hoping by turkey day, or maybe Halloween. Right now I'm using a thread adapter in an old Crux ARK30, the one that didn't blow up

The wait is always painful.

Speaking of Crux, I paid close to $1,000 for a Crux can years ago, and never received it. The new owners were going to work on getting it to me, but they've gone radio silent and will no longer return my texts or calls. At this point I'm assuming I'll never see that suppressor.

Reactions: DJL2
The wait is always painful.

Speaking of Crux, I paid close to $1,000 for a Crux can years ago, and never received it. The new owners were going to work on getting it to me, but they've gone radio silent and will no longer return my texts or calls. At this point I'm assuming I'll never see that suppressor.
Unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. I got in on the early first run for two ARKs. The price was right at less than $400 each. That had to have been 10-12 years ago

Shot my brand new X-ray today also. It couldn't be more of a perfect fit for me. Everything on it is beyond anything I could hope for . The group is 5 shots at 105 yards, target looks ragged because the plywood behind splinted. One holer, no doubt

PXL_20220806_155149738.jpgPXL_20220806_155337231.jpgPXL_20220806_153128399.jpgPXL_20220806_153615859.jpg
PXL_20220806_160515662.MP.jpg

Unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. I got in on the early first run for two ARKs. The price was right at less than $400 each. That had to have been 10-12 years ago
Is what it is.

Only reason why I went with Crux is because a friend of a friend swore by that brand and it was local to me at the time.

Dumb question - how close are the ergos on the A-5 to the T2? Also, anyone dumb enough to skip a brake when ordering and add it afterwards? Asking for a friend…

These guns look wayyyy to nice to take out into the field. I’d almost be afraid to drop it/let it hit the ground. True works of art.

These guns look wayyyy to nice to take out into the field. I’d almost be afraid to drop it/let it hit the ground. True works of art.

Yeah they are works of art, but I hope I shoot so many thousands of rounds through this rifle that it looks like it's bounced down a Mayan temple steps.

Barrels can be replaced, Birdsong can be re-birdsonged, stock can be repainted and re-gripped. It's a travesty to put the finest shooting rifle I've ever touched in a safe somewhere and forego the enjoyment and experience of using the rifle for exactly what it was made for.

Exactly…beat the piss out of it

Worst thing is that it breaks…send it bsck to get fixed

I never understand why people will keep a rifle like a Tac ops or other serious custom in the safe yet drag around a uncomfortable POS “savage” for when rounds count on a hunt etc.

Now if they are too heavy or diff caliber, leave them at home but use and enjoy them.