• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

The choice of the Delta51 over the Tango, Bravo and X-Ray came down to a few factors. First, needed some level of modularity in the stock system. Teammates are 6'5" down to 5'5" so length of pull, head placement was important. Our Tangos did not have cheek risers so we were building them up with cut foam from sleeping mats. Mike and I discussed the McMillian A3 and A5 stocks and liked the A3 better. Second, the vast majority of modern long rifle spots were working off a tripod. Five of us were in Max Ordinates first LE class with Tyler Hughes and he revolutionized our program. Hands down the one individual that had a major impact of moving us to another level in our capability and training methods. Working off a tripod I preferred the more 90 degree-ish bend of the A3 over the more off-hand angle of the Tangos. My first issued long rifle was a suppressed Tango51...shot lights out but I thought it was a bit too light and did not like the grip angle when working off tripods. Mike can explain what the thinking was a few generations before me and why they selected the Tango 51. Third, we elected to stay with the internal box magazine versus an external one since we've never had a need for a high capacity sniper rifle. Fourth, major impetus was we needed a forward rail for use with clip on night vision devices...the A3 was a better stock platform over what was used on the Tangos. Fifth, we preferred slightly shorter guns that were suppressed to gives us the ability to work inside structures. Triggers were Timney and then went to Trigger Tech or vise versa. I preferred the slightly wider version.

At the same time we were testing rifles we were parallel testing ammunition. The Tangos and Bravos we had were built for Federal Gold Medal Match and shot that round fantastic. They shot Federal T308T even better. I believe its called Tactical Tru...great round and when we tested it over GMM in ballistic gel protocols that was an easy decision. The icing on the cake was the Federal LETT2 bonded round shot sub minute from the Deltas and I've taken it out to 930-950ish on the same DOPE. All the stars lined up and we found the rifle, ammo and optic that did exactly what we wanted. Don't think Nightforce had the NX8 2.5X 20 out yet but cost was also an issue. We were purchasing over 20+ full rifle setups.

My Customer from the Los Alamos National Laboratory in NM Please call me...

Thank you

Mike R.
I gotta be at TA-43 at 7:30 Monday morning. You can overnight it to me and I can keep it company over the weekend and deliver it Monday. I promise to take real good care of it for whoever it’s for. Scout’s honor. It’ll probably have to ride to the range with me though on Sunday so I can keep an eye on it……;):whistle:

Last edited:
I gotta be at TA-43 at 7:30 Monday morning. You can overnight it to me and I can keep it company over the weekend and deliver it Monday. I promise to take real good care of it for whoever it’s for. Scout’s honor. It’ll probably have to ride to the range with me though on Sunday so I can keep an eye on it……;):whistle:
Lol we got connected!

_F8A9503.jpeg

How often do you guys train?
Current training progression is approximately 200+ hours for schools alone..basic, advanced, urban, night optics, rural, etc. That does not count individual team time, personal range days, unit range days, etc. We are extremely fortunate with a healthy training budget, our own range and freedom to deep dive on any of our skills. The only real limitation is a person's desire to get better because we have access to everything else if we choose to put in the effort.

Last edited:
Was the 100,000 rifle contract order squashed? Or is it still possibly in the works?

Reactions: Bakwa
The choice of the Delta51 over the Tango, Bravo and X-Ray came down to a few factors. First, needed some level of modularity in the stock system. Teammates are 6'5" down to 5'5" so length of pull, head placement was important. Our Tangos did not have cheek risers so we were building them up with cut foam from sleeping mats. Mike and I discussed the McMillian A3 and A5 stocks and liked the A3 better. Second, the vast majority of modern long rifle spots were working off a tripod. Five of us were in Max Ordinates first LE class with Tyler Hughes and he revolutionized our program. Hands down the one individual that had a major impact of moving us to another level in our capability and training methods. Working off a tripod I preferred the more 90 degree-ish bend of the A3 over the more off-hand angle of the Tangos. My first issued long rifle was a suppressed Tango51...shot lights out but I thought it was a bit too light and did not like the grip angle when working off tripods. Mike can explain what the thinking was a few generations before me and why they selected the Tango 51. Third, we elected to stay with the internal box magazine versus an external one since we've never had a need for a high capacity sniper rifle. Fourth, major impetus was we needed a forward rail for use with clip on night vision devices...the A3 was a better stock platform over what was used on the Tangos. Fifth, we preferred slightly shorter guns that were suppressed to gives us the ability to work inside structures. Triggers were Timney and then went to Trigger Tech or vise versa. I preferred the slightly wider version.

At the same time we were testing rifles we were parallel testing ammunition. The Tangos and Bravos we had were built for Federal Gold Medal Match and shot that round fantastic. They shot Federal T308T even better. I believe its called Tactical Tru...great round and when we tested it over GMM in ballistic gel protocols that was an easy decision. The icing on the cake was the Federal LETT2 bonded round shot sub minute from the Deltas and I've taken it out to 930-950ish on the same DOPE. All the stars lined up and we found the rifle, ammo and optic that did exactly what we wanted. Don't think Nightforce had the NX8 2.5X 20 out yet but cost was also an issue. We were purchasing over 20+ full rifle setups.
Great post! Would you care to share other details on what/why your group chose? ie tripod,bi-pod, etc

Reactions: clonebuilder
Been out of the loop. What's up with the shirt orders? I'd love to buy a Tac Ops shirt... size Large please

Great post! Would you care to share other details on what/why your group chose? ie tripod,bi-pod, etc
The support equipment is pretty straight forward. Based on our experiences we did not need the 9-12" height for the urban deployments we mostly do. When we train at Gunsite or other schools that have the capability to shoot out to good distances then the higher bipods are an advantage. However, that isn't a realistic distance for real world work so was not high on our list. I really liked the 6-9" Harris with the 1" clicks and swivel....Easy to level, set the height I want with no drama. We don't find ourselves too often in a PRS type position where I need one leg off at one angle and the other at some other angle. Harris S-BRM works great. For tripods and heads, when we first started with Max Ordinate the Hogg and Pig saddle were the only game in town....again worked great for what we needed. Now with RRS and Two Vets tripods you get some extremely stable and quick adjust capability...nevertheless, we don't find ourselves in that quick adjust scenarios to justify the cost difference. The PIG0311, pig saddle, camera head and tripod from Hogg Saddle has served us extremely well. For every RRS setup we could purchase 4 complete units from Hogg Saddle. When you need to fully outfit 20+ guys that adds up quick. Some guys go out and purchase their own stuff and we do have teammates running RRS or Two Vets. Bags, pump pillows, etc. are mostly Armageddon and I am a fan of the Git-Lite fill. For suppressor covers I really like Rifles Only HAD...but some guys were issued a different brand early on. My favorite sling is the Enhanced SS Loophole sling from Shadowtech/Hogg Saddle...some guys still have the ones we got from Tyler at Max Ordinate years ago..don't think the sling company is still in business but they worked great. Haven't worked with the Ridgeline Hog Leash yet but it looks great and functional. As of late we've been working with the Henderson Precision ARCA adapter that fits in the Anschutz rail and we can direct mount to the camera head. Awesome so far. His big arms came via Crossfit...
IMG_5359.jpg

No, I don't think you can birdsong a scope? Maybe I'm wrong. It's cerakote, I sent the scope rings for them to match the color
I thought that as well but the color was so close I didn’t think there was a cerakote color that close to the birdsong.

I thought that as well but the color was so close I didn’t think there was a cerakote color that close to the birdsong.
They custom mixed. It came out very nice, exactly what I was looking for. Long-term the air dry cerakote isn't that durable but it's really an excellent job. CS tactical did it

Siblings Day at the Range !

Talked to Mike over the weekend, Tac-Ops #3 is in the works 🤪

Attachments

• 8C3D8F16-0F5D-4FE4-A7AE-854A8A92F456.jpeg
    8C3D8F16-0F5D-4FE4-A7AE-854A8A92F456.jpeg
    752 KB · Views: 127
  • 71182C86-B0D9-426D-A977-488EBB09FB42.jpeg
    71182C86-B0D9-426D-A977-488EBB09FB42.jpeg
    642 KB · Views: 127
  • 0C26557F-7259-4314-9565-7036D85FC4A4.jpeg
    0C26557F-7259-4314-9565-7036D85FC4A4.jpeg
    892.7 KB · Views: 110
  • FA4B2C5C-0B55-4CC8-8386-6F9269D60344.jpeg
    FA4B2C5C-0B55-4CC8-8386-6F9269D60344.jpeg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 85953054-42B9-42EC-A688-5577871F739D.jpeg
    85953054-42B9-42EC-A688-5577871F739D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • 2564F590-B091-4A8D-A14A-1375134237ED.jpeg
    2564F590-B091-4A8D-A14A-1375134237ED.jpeg
    778.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 4C8FBB61-3E0B-41AC-B438-D1C942321662.jpeg
    4C8FBB61-3E0B-41AC-B438-D1C942321662.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 2745CDEC-D90F-42BA-80FB-FC2FCD21C75D.jpeg
    2745CDEC-D90F-42BA-80FB-FC2FCD21C75D.jpeg
    858.6 KB · Views: 119
Somebody got lucky.
It actually measured .000 but Mike gave him the .001

View attachment 8241113
I shot two groups back to back like this with this platform if the Tac Ops Ninja ( customer ) wasn't a class act and I didn't like him I'd tell him I lost his rifle in the shop lmao...

It's on the Fed Ex truck Adam ;) Thank you for being patient and not blowing up my phone...

Mike R.