• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tac table build

mpwolf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2014
I've been running a pig saddle for a bit, but I'm thinking about making some sort of tac table that I can throw a game changer onto. I'm sure plenty of others have done this, but I'd like to hear how yo did it, or what you might do differently next time.

remove head from tripod. put bag on top. easy enough

if you want to build one get a cheap amazon ARCA plate(reverse plate) and thread some holes in a slab of sheet metal. easy enough

Reactions: pineoak
I made one from an $8 poly cutting board from Target and some anti-skid tape I’d bought years back. I dunno, I might have $15 in it all together.

This one actually, it’s from Made By Design, it’s 7” X 12”
1641418326889.jpeg

I cut the handle end off the cutting board and sanded it down before locating the center of the “table”. I drilled and countersunk two holes for the 10-32 flat head screws that secured a spare ARCA plate that I had, held on with a #10 washer and nut. Then I roughed up the surface of the top and laid down strips of anti-skid tape, overlapping them about 1/8” and cutting them flush with the edge. The width of the cutting board is just a little wider than my OG Game Changer so I can run the straps around it if I want so it doesn’t go anywhere if I move the tripod around.

Reactions: deltawiskey
2nd the cutting board. Same concept for me.

thanks guys. My biggest question is what material is thin enough, while still being rigid. An aluminum plate is my first thought, but I don’t have any lying around. I have a hard time believing a cutting board doesn’t flex, but I’ve been wrong before!

Last edited:
Instead of non-skid tape, you can lay down a thin coat of epoxy (JB Weld works great) and sprinkle/pack down silicon carbide grit on it

For those using the plastic cutting boards, what are you using to mill out slots? I am thinking of trying take one but I want several M-Lok slots in it.

For those using the plastic cutting boards, what are you using to mill out slots? I am thinking of trying take one but I want several M-Lok slots in it.

I would imagine any ol hand held router and carpentry router bits would work just fine and be faster than a vertical mill.

For a varmint hunt last week I cut a 8x10 section of 1/2 plywood, drilled a hole in the middle and hammered a 3/8” tee nut in. Grip tape on top of the board to keep the bag from sliding. Screwed right on my Leofoto 323.

Was a real hit with my hunting buddies that didn’t have an arca rail on their rifles.

Kind of the quick and dirty approach, not tacticool…

Reactions: Ranchhand
IMG20220419082601.jpg

IMG20220419082647.jpg

I made a few arca-coins. Double adaptor type deals. So any arca clamp item you have can adapt to a tripod, like bags or gamer plates.

I also made some with dicks on them and gave them to people we sponsor. Hilarious.

I highly recommend wearing a paint respirator when cutting/sandings micarta.
That crap will ruin your saw blade, cutters and drill bits. Its abrasive and if you get any in your eyes it's a trip to the e-room.

Fuck that stuff, use the cutting board material or 3/8 inch plate aluminium.

Reactions: godofthunder
I made this one out of aluminum. I might make a smaller one also pretty happy how it turned out. I used spray on plastic dip for the bottom side so when I throw a bag on top of it's grippy and won't slide. Ordered the grey ops double arca adapter so I can clamp it on my tripod and also use it on my arca rail on my rifle. Will probably add another couple threaded holes in case I want to put spitting scope/range finder on it. Looks like cole Tac has flat bag that would fit it perfectly for $35. So far all I'm in it for is $50. I had an old arca clamp from ckyepod I used and had the aluminum laying around.

Attachments

• 6114D44E-3FAE-4A7A-8BE8-2E182D27D874.jpeg
    6114D44E-3FAE-4A7A-8BE8-2E182D27D874.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 49069714-6E3A-4A5F-99B6-C5DF54B94151.jpeg
    49069714-6E3A-4A5F-99B6-C5DF54B94151.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 112
Adapter came in! The plate is solid cannot wait to try it out. Should fit a schmedium perfectly a little big for my pint size.

Attachments

• 68E6B8F2-2888-4843-8962-5789D91774C2.jpeg
    68E6B8F2-2888-4843-8962-5789D91774C2.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 141
Threw these together last night.
Haven't tested them out yet, since I don't have a direct access to a 3D printer at home.