• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Taco Bell Sued For False Advertising : Beef

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41242132/ns/business-consumer_news

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "<span style="font-weight: bold">meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.</span>

Miles said the lawsuit does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.

"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

Re: Taco Bell Sued For False Advertising : Beef

Well, who's going to go out and buy anything Taco Bell advertises as a meat mix with "binders and extenders"?

I stopped eating at taco bell a while ago. Poorest fast food service in the biz and to many long nights on the toilet!

That's balls....I thought that the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"meat mixture" of binders and extenders grilled stuffed burrito</span></span> was tasty.

On another note, if you want to do the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #996633">shwater</span></span> diet, eat anything from that restaurant and chase it with a glass of lukewarm water.

...sploosh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's balls....I thought that the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"meat mixture" of binders and extenders grilled stuffed burrito</span></span> was tasty.

On another note, if you want to do the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #996633">shwater</span></span> diet, eat anything from that restaurant and chase it with a glass of lukewarm water.

...sploosh. </div></div>

I now have skoal on my monitor...thanks for that
grin.gif

Anyone see the video where the Taco Bell employees were shitting in the beans? Happened like 2 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone see the video where the Taco Bell employees were shitting in the beans? Happened like 2 years ago. </div></div>

Some people say this is an urban legend - I haven't seen any video that depicts the making of the fabled "shi-rrito". At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if it's out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, I eat food cooked by inmates. A little Taco Bell won't hurt me.</div></div>

It's all about keeping a sense of perspective.

I always wondered why the meat truck always said grade E but edible...

All theyll do is start adding roadkill...now youll get skunkuritto
sick.gif

That's why I make my own taco's out of elk meat. Good stuff!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All theyll do is start adding roadkill...now youll get skunkuritto
sick.gif
</div></div>

Or start grinding up Shanksters discards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All theyll do is start adding roadkill...now youll get skunkuritto
sick.gif
</div></div>

Or start grinding up Shanksters discards. </div></div>

OK- roadkill is bad, what Shank has left behind is far worse.

/Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why I make my own taco's out of elk meat. Good stuff!! </div></div>
Now we're talkin. I stopped eating fake food awhile ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's all about keeping a sense of perspective. </div></div>

While this is true, most people that eat at fast food joints don't really care what they eat. It's like the "nutritional information" on Twinkies, if you're eating Twinkies, the word "nutrition" is wasted on you (Not "you" in particular, "you" as in a generality).