• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacos

Jerk chicken double decker Taco at a local joint. Also a couple Voodoo Ranger drafts to wash it down. Mighty fine groceries.

Attachments

• 20230914_192303.jpg
    20230914_192303.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 25
He actually made a SNL skit Taco Town taco

So many great ways to make tacos, they are so versatile.

I think what's most important is keeping things simple, use complimentary flavors, and use high quality ingredients.

Tortillas make a huge difference. I personally really like high quality Sonoran style flour tortillas - they are readily available in my region. There's some great corn tortillas available too - just avoid the mass produced store bought crap that's low quality and full of preservatives. Or home make your own corn tortillas.

Those are my only hard and fast rules for tacos.

Dayum! I HATE going South! But now I’d be willing to go just for their TACOS!

There are a couple of good “authentic Taquerias” up here, but… for GOOD Tacos!
Don’t tell Jose!😜

When I want a double decker taco, I just make my own.
They taste much better and I don't get the shits from the ones I make.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Mr Taco, on the Corner of Balls Ferry and Deschutes in Anderson is very good. Family recipes and generous portions.

Vegetarian tacos from the Cheesecake Factory.
Soft Corn Tortillas with Crispy Fried Cauliflower, Avocado, Onion, Chipotle and Toasted Pepitas. Served with Rice and BeansView attachment 8226303

Delicious!

Only thing better would be "Beyond Meat" or maybe soy tacos.........

Have you ever thought of writing a manifesto?

Sauté onion and jalapeño,
Fry in top sirloin that’s sliced thin,
Add rinsed black beans and bell pepper,
Put it in a taco shell,
Top with fresh diced jalapeño and sour cream.
Eat it, repeat 8x

IMG_9744.jpeg

Take 8-10 tomatillos
3-4 Jalapenos
1 medium onion
Clean em up, 1/4 the onion, put on a sheet and broil till they have a good amount of char to them and the tomatillos are mushy.
Put that all in a blender with 3 cloves of garlic and 1/2-3/4 bunch of cilantro.
Blend till smooth.
Best damn salsa verde you will ever have, bar none.

Take 8-10 tomatillos
3-4 Jalapenos
1 medium onion
Clean em up, 1/4 the onion, put on a sheet and broil till they have a good amount of char to them and the tomatillos are mushy.
Put that all in a blender with 3 cloves of garlic and 1/2-3/4 bunch of cilantro.
Blend till smooth.
Best damn salsa verde you will ever have, bar none.
That would have been good on the tacos.

Not unless you're in the Sonoran region of Mexico, where they have been making flour tortillas for hundreds of years.
My side piece is from Sonora. Her mother is Sonoran. And her dad is from Puerto Rico. It’s corn tortillas all day long dude. Flour tortillas are for “Tex Mex”. Not Mexican food.

Reactions: ken226
Unfortunately for me, my so is midwestern and the boy ONLY eats flour. If it’s my turn for shopping I’ll get some maize tortillas, but I usually end up working with what is in the fridge.

Flour tortillas are for burritos (an american food, NOT messican) and flautas which are meat filled flour tortillas that are then rolled and deep fried like a taquito.
Yes burritos are NOT a mexican food, they were created in the good ol US of A.
You can look it up and probably get *some* conflicting info, but most will agree that burritos started either in the Texan tex-mex areas or in the 'mission' areas of California (mission burrito ala san diego, santa barbara, or san fransisco).

Flour tortillas are for burritos (an american food, NOT messican) and flautas which are meat filled flour tortillas that are then rolled and deep fried like a taquito.
Yes burritos are NOT a mexican food, they were created in the good ol US of A.
You can look it up and probably get *some* conflicting info, but most will agree that burritos started either in the Texan tex-mex areas or in the 'mission' areas of California (mission burrito ala san diego, santa barbara, or san fransisco).
No sir, corn.

While not traditional, trust me.

tacos, but use (been or cheese filled) Pupusas for the tortilla. there’s a good Mexican meat market with a taqueria that suggested it. Theres some Hondurans they also cater to around there. It’s a thicker fluffier corn tortilla with filling.

Reactions: Modoc
No sir, corn.
taquito (little taco) = corn tortilla
flauta (flute) = flour tortilla

Ask any *real* Mexican and they will line your ass out.
As for your local restaurant (which is where I have to assume you're getting the bad info) you DO understand that they can be wrong.....right ?
Tex Mex doesn't count since it is a bastardization to both Texas and Mexico.

Pupusas are not Mexican, they are Guatemalan, Honduran, or El Salvadorean.
They do not use a tortilla, but are a hand formed masa of different recipe (like sopes, tamale, and hurrache are different foods made with different masa recipes).

taquito (little taco) = corn tortilla
flauta (flute) = flour tortilla

Ask any *real* Mexican and they will line your ass out.
As for your local restaurant (which is where I have to assume you're getting the bad info) you DO understand that they can be wrong.....right ?
Tex Mex doesn't count since it is a bastardization to both Texas and Mexico.
Hey man, can you shut your fucking cock holster for like 5 minutes and let us enjoy delicious food? Pretty please?

My side piece is from Sonora. Her mother is Sonoran. And her dad is from Puerto Rico. It’s corn tortillas all day long dude. Flour tortillas are for “Tex Mex”. Not Mexican food.

I love both. As long as they are fresh made at home or in a tortilleria.

Store bought corn tortillas suck. But the wife and I make homemade corn tortillas from time to time, and they're awesome.