• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

tacti-cool watches any one ?

Re: tacti-cool watches any one ?

I just got a Suunto military x lander, gota say its a pretty good watch, not too big and does what its supposed to do

I have the X-Lander, had it for about 8 months so far and it has been great. Does everything its suppose too and not a problem yet.

+1 for Suunto Core Military.
grin.gif

Am I the only one that doesn't have wrists anywhere CLOSE to big enough for a Suunto Core? I'm pretty sure I would look like a miniature rapper in bling...freakin' love the watch, though. Wish I could get it.

Been Using a Luminox with Stainless Steel band for 8 years.

Its pretty beat.

I am generally heck on bands.

This one has been back 3 times for band repairs.

A smart man would use a pocket watch . . . . .
smile.gif

For outdoor activities, can't beat a Suunto. Day to day, a Seiko Automatic dive watch. Neither are very "Tacticool" but they get the job done.

My own stable:
Marathon CSAR....Absolute Tank
Actually just put her on the market too
vy7hhx.jpg

Luminox 8350
Suunto Military XLander
Casio Pathfinder PAW-1300Y with negative display
Would suggest:
+1 on Sinn and Damasko, Omega, Rolex, Pani watches are all badass
CX Swiss Military, Taser, Tawatec, Lum-tec, etc...
Happy Hunting

CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont like the rubber as it feels sticky and hot on the wrist, Velcro is ok but makes the watch look cheap. any one have any other tacti-cool watches they like out side of luminox ? </div></div>

Why not buy a rubber leather lined band. Several name brand band makers offer them. I have had one I have been wearing going on 8 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My own stable:
vy7hhx.jpg

Luminox 8350
Suunto Military XLander
Would suggest:
Happy Hunting

CC </div></div>

Wow, very cool picture and what a great looking watch. What are you asking for it?

here's my "tacticool" watch
wink.gif
. there where too many rolex's in this thread need to balance it out with an omega

cimg1158.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e15af4d-1.jpg

Lousy picture of a Fine Tactical Time Piece </div></div>

Some two-tone love:

fsrifle001%20055.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brett B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My own stable:
vy7hhx.jpg

Luminox 8350
Suunto Military XLander
Would suggest:
Happy Hunting

CC </div></div>

Wow, very cool picture and what a great looking watch. What are you asking for it?</div></div>
PM Sent!
CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2e15af4d-1.jpg

Lousy picture of a Fine Tactical Time Piece </div></div>

Some two-tone love:

fsrifle001%20055.JPG
</div></div>

looks like you got serious rifle problems if its stovepiping before firing
grin.gif

here are my two...a luminox and a citizen and just for shits and grinns a tacticool pistol to go with it
IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

As much as I love my GMT Master II, I can not recomend a Rolex as a tactcal watch that will be heavily used.

I have worn my Rolex as a daily time piece up untill July of this year. I bought it new in 2001 and it has been through hell and back. Between .50BMG, Magnu, handgunning and tons of shotgunning I believe I hurt this watch. After 5 yeras it was a bout 5 sec off a month, The date would turn at 12:03 not 12:00. The watch would only last 1 day on the night stand without stopping. But I tell you what, the jeweler would buff it out and it would look as good as it did the day I bought it. And it has hit just about anything out there. In fact I would hate people thinking it was an all show no go watch that I have put out cigars and cigaretts on the crystal just to shout poeple up. No one lets me tr it on their watch.

The more and more I think about it as I type, this watch has gone through some real shit. Maybe it's just time for the service that my jeweler told me it would eventualy need one day. And he told me that the day i bought it!

I find 5 sec off a month and the 12:03 deal very acceptable. I wouldn't even notice.

I've had mine since 1993. I've worn it practically everyday. I wear it for golfing, shooting, wrenching on cars, swimming, you name it. well... I have no choice, this is my only watch. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find 5 sec off a month and the 12:03 deal very acceptable. I wouldn't even notice.

I've had mine since 1993. I've worn it practically everyday. I wear it for golfing, shooting, wrenching on cars, swimming, you name it. well... I have no choice, this is my only watch. LOL </div></div>

ya, my watch has done brake jobs, fuel pumps, heads, oil changes, etc.. maybe I shouldt be so quick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I love my GMT Master II, I can not recomend a Rolex as a tactcal watch that will be heavily used.

I have worn my Rolex as a daily time piece up untill July of this year. I bought it new in 2001 and it has been through hell and back. Between .50BMG, Magnu, handgunning and tons of shotgunning I believe I hurt this watch. After 5 yeras it was a bout 5 sec off a month, The date would turn at 12:03 not 12:00. The watch would only last 1 day on the night stand without stopping. But I tell you what, the jeweler would buff it out and it would look as good as it did the day I bought it. And it has hit just about anything out there. In fact I would hate people thinking it was an all show no go watch that I have put out cigars and cigaretts on the crystal just to shout poeple up. No one lets me tr it on their watch.

The more and more I think about it as I type, this watch has gone through some real shit. Maybe it's just time for the service that my jeweler told me it would eventualy need one day. And he told me that the day i bought it! </div></div>

well you can probably get that fixed if you go to a authorized store. but they'll probably charge you $500+ on parts etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zinny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As much as I love my GMT Master II, I can not recomend a Rolex as a tactcal watch that will be heavily used.

The more and more I think about it as I type, this watch has gone through some real shit. Maybe it's just time for the service that my jeweler told me it would eventualy need one day. And he told me that the day i bought it! </div></div>

well you can probably get that fixed if you go to a authorized store. but they'll probably charge you $500+ on parts etc. </div></div>

sarcasm meter broken?

what-the-fuck...?!?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I like my Suunto Core Limited (black). Battery life is so so and the time is difficult to sometime read depending on the lighting conditions. Love the watch. I'm still debating whether I would trust the compass function. Don't use it much so can't say if it's accurately picking out magnetic north.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokefromguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sarcasm meter broken? </div></div>

maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find 5 sec off a month and the 12:03 deal very acceptable. I wouldn't even notice.

I've had mine since 1993. I've worn it practically everyday. I wear it for golfing, shooting, wrenching on cars, swimming, you name it. well... I have no choice, this is my only watch. LOL </div></div>

I have had my watch for 9 years now. I have worn it daily working in some shitholes around the world. I haven't had any problems with it. It probably gets more abuse when I am on vacation. I have taken it diving down to 110 feet, because I forgot my dive computer. It tooks a pretty good whack when I slipped on the beach in Croatia. I wear it like its a Timex, I bring it in to any Rolex dealer around the world, they buff it for free and it looks amazing. You are suppose to get them serviced every 5-7 years. It costs $500 but you come out with a "like new" watch. They actually refurbish it. I had to fix my band recently, it got caught on something as I was getting out of a vehicle. I only noticed it when during my cleaning back in the states, it was pointed out to me. I have never regretted buying my Rolex. I have had many nice watches, but I have only owned one Fine Time Piece. If you buy a Rolex you "buy once cry once" I won't need to buy another watch for the rest of my life and one of my kids will be wearing it when I am sleeping on the other side of the grass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wear it like its a Timex, I bring it in to any Rolex dealer around the world, they buff it for free and it looks amazing. You are suppose to get them serviced every 5-7 years. It costs $500 but you come out with a "like new" watch. They actually refurbish it.

..If you buy a Rolex you "buy once cry once" I won't need to buy another watch for the rest of my life and one of my kids will be wearing it when I am sleeping on the other side of the grass. </div></div>

I prefer to cry lightly..
wink.gif

Good info on the Rolex. Didn't know they had to be serviced 5-7 years and it costs $500.

Not to hijack this thread but I was also looking for a good watch more functional than just tacticool.

One that tells
Time.
Temp.
Humidity.
Altitude.
Pressure.
& maybe date and month

With out blowing a hole in my pocket.

I've never seen a watch which measures humidity. However, at typical small-arms ranges, humidity may be safely ignored. At ranges where it matters, I assume that the relative humidity is 50 percent, which is an assumption which will further minimize any error based on that. For that matter, most people can guess the relative humidity pretty closely.

I use a Casio Pathfinder triple sensor for pressure. It's of comparable accuracy to my Kestrel 4500, as checked against the local airport - which is less than three-quarters of a mile away.

To get a watch to measure temperature accurately, you must take it off your wrist. It's easier to get a cheap zipper-pull thermometer, which is accurate enough.

If you are shooting extra-long range, where those variables become more critical, wear a cheap watch, and buy a Kestrel 4000 or 4500, which will calculate density altitude for you. Then you can print a Density Altitude dope card, and you won't need a ballistic calculator in the field.

Making Ballistic Cards Using Density Altitude

I have one of these Summit watches
Pics022.jpg

It's supposed to have all of these options....
Pics023.jpg

The temperature even when not worn is atleast 8-10deg too high, the compass after turning the watch around 180deg has to recalibrate itself, have'nt played with the alti or baro readings yet.
I'm not really impressed, would rather have spent the money on a Luminox or GShock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what-the-fuck...?!?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

He's an idiot if it was a real GMT IIc. Rolling over a $7,500 watch his ex gave him only proves stupidity, of course he is a hose dragger, they aren't to smart to begin with.
wink.gif

As to hard use with a Rolex, my 16600 is the picture earlier in this thread has been through 2 motorcycle accident, years of SWAT rolls, diving in foul nasty New Orleans canals, and my daily beater since 2002. It keeps COSC time, has never stopped, or had any issue. Though it may be $550 every five (5) years for the service, it comes back looking brand spanking new.

I'm digging the Suunto Core watches (the black/orange combo specifically) but damn they are huge! Same thing with the pathfinders, I saw them at the local Kohl's while out with the wife. I like the menu driven system of the Suunto more, but it's just so damn big. It would look ridicules on my wrist.

Do they have another model I am not seeing that is the same menu driven system with the same features but not as huge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm digging the Suunto Core watches (the black/orange combo specifically) but damn they are huge! Same thing with the pathfinders, I saw them at the local Kohl's while out with the wife. I like the menu driven system of the Suunto more, but it's just so damn big. It would look ridicules on my wrist.

Do they have another model I am not seeing that is the same menu driven system with the same features but not as huge?</div></div>

THIS!

I've got 2 rolex watches...really nice...My omega battery seamaster kept much better time. Automatic vs battery I guess...But after the watches got reappraised for insurance reasons....bought one for $3500 a few years ago and now reappraised at $6200....Dont want to wear em anymore! lol..

I'll be wearing a Luminox in the future...Although if I could afford it, I'd love to get a Panarei!!!!

Ive got a mudman that ive had for years that and another gshock
have lasted through alot of abuse
Ive also got a Brietling chrono for the bling

Haven't changed out my Citizen Aqualand Analog since I got it on my 14th anni. It's been back to corporate repair twice for a coule issues from deployments but is still kicking ass and doing it's thing. I do change the bands about every two years as well but that won't happen again until I go back to Hawaii and need the dive data

Right on Switchblade , I have had a Citizen Aqualand on my arm sence 1996. It has served me very well. I wore it through the Marine Corps , have ran , mountain biked , and swam MANY MANY MANY miles with it. It has been completely covered in some of the nastiest mud/sludge mixture so many times. I have only had to change the "life cells" and bands. I did install a Waterborne band on it after the original band gave up. I think I am on my 3rd waterband strap , they start smelling very bad no matter what you scrub them with. I have had several very nice watches in the 14 years I have had the Aqualand and can never wear one more than a week w/o missing it.

Beware of the Suunto watches; on the frame where the strap pin goes through is a weak point, and they break there very easy.

I have a Vector that lived through four years of nasty abuse before it broke where the pin goes through. It was out of warranty, but Suunto fixed it and made it basically brand new for $50, with turn around time of about a week. They replaced the bezel and the front and back housing. Four weeks later the damn thing broke in the same spot, and now I have it mended with JB Weld until after Christmas when I can buy a solid replacement.

Before and After pics: http://fateoflegions.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-was-old-is-new-again.html

Pics showing the recent break at the weak point - http://fateoflegions.blogspot.com/2010/11/equipment-change-proposal-suunto.html

It's too bad. Suunto makes awesome watches; I just wish they would make them more durable.

I've used H3 Traser watches for at least 15 years. Luminox your side of the pond.
I'm on my third bought last week. I have one that has finally given up the ghost having had two new glasses and finally got water in after cracking the last glass. The second is now my work one and already on its second battery but I haven't bust it yet. The third, think its a Black Storm Pro, is for best.

I completely abuse my watches being in the building industry... ex military. I've destroyed plenty of other watches including some nice ones. At least these H3 watches are relatively cheap and replaceable. If someone stuck a gun up my nose they could have it, though they don't look sexy enough to bother with.

They tell the time, 24hrs numbered, date. That will do me. If I need to know what the weather is going to be like I'll open the window or check my wind meter and ballistics' calculator.

http://www.riflesdirect.com/traser-h3-black-storm-pro-watch-rifles-883-p.asp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muskett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... though they don't look sexy enough to bother with.
</div></div>

I disagree, I think they are very sexy. This is the one I have:

traser003%20012.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what-the-fuck...?!?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JyEOpM8zIY4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

He's an idiot if it was a real GMT IIc. Rolling over a $7,500 watch his ex gave him only proves stupidity, of course he is a hose dragger, they aren't to smart to begin with.
wink.gif

As to hard use with a Rolex, my 16600 is the picture earlier in this thread has been through 2 motorcycle accident, years of SWAT rolls, diving in foul nasty New Orleans canals, and my daily beater since 2002. It keeps COSC time, has never stopped, or had any issue. Though it may be $550 every five (5) years for the service, it comes back looking brand spanking new. </div></div>

A real one would have a sapphire crystal, no? Looks like his Rolex was about as "real" as his relationship...