• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

tacti-cool watches any one ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
though about buying a luminox 3051 black out but you cannot get a steel band for them and its not recommended to use a steel band on them.

i dont like the rubber as it feels sticky and hot on the wrist, Velcro is ok but makes the watch look cheap. any one have any other tacti-cool watches they like out side of luminox ?

Re: tacti-cool watches any one ?

No problem. Did you try Bell & Ross?
laugh.gif

5.11 HRT also comes with a Leather band as well as the rubber one.

Get the watch you like, and if you want to make it tacticool, make a 550 cord band for it. I like mine much better than the rubber, and using plastic clips is a lot easier as well. Google can point you to plenty of DIY instruction pages.

Titanium Casio Pathfinder. The Bell & Ross are pretty nice too.
wink.gif

I just got the new Casio PAG240.

Alti/Baro/Temp/Compass

Sunrise/Sunset (important for me)

Nav bezel

Alarms, countdown, world time, stopwatch, etc. WR to 100m.

Big bright display and not too large on the wrist.

I love it.

wow tones of watch info, this will keep me reading more and posting less today haha

Boltripper, at least somebody on here has class!!
smile.gif

If you like the Suunto Core, you might want to consider getting the Orange Black model. It has more watch band options like the zulu etc.

Suunto_Core_Orange_Black.jpg

vary intense watches, thanks every one.

the g-shock frog man and gulfman are pretty awesome but that luminox 3051 just is to cool i think ill go with that one

beware of the Core I had purchased one and had it replaced 4 times because it would suck a battery down in like 2 weeks with all the bells and whistles (storm alarm, altimeter...) turned off. Finally I sold the damn thing and got a Casio triple sensor Pathfinder that does the same things and has worked like a dream. But it has a synthetic band...

American batteries?
grin.gif

But this sounds like BS, 4 of them and all run out of battery in two weeks? Must be some knock off... Or do you work at Casio
wink.gif
grin.gif

Although I dont have one.... after reading up on them the Suunto is one bad ass watch

I've got a Omega Seamaster, a TAG CAF2011 auto, and a couple of Luminox watches(both with metal bands) they all keep time as designed/no problems.
The Luminox 6402 has a metal band and is available as a blackout.
I have a 6402, that is not the blackout. I like it, works as designed.

I wished I could justify the $$$$ some of these timekeepers bring...

Casio is more in line with me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're uber tacticool if you have one of these watches.

http://www.specialopswatch.com/
</div></div>

Right on Mike.

I wear one of these on each arm.

When I am on a mission I often strap a third to my right ankle, just to be safe.

no bs honest I got my watch on a pro deal directly from suunto and never had any luck with it. the damn thing would reset back to the flashing 12:00 after about 2 weeks again no shit. so I would just reset te time and over the next 2-3 days I could actually reset the time and watch it die then start flashing 12:00 again. I wish it would have been a good one casue its its a cool lookin watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Panerai for me...</div></div>

The Panerai watches look way cooler then their website. It's terrible.

The Suunto Core looks like it has everything I need. But the reviews from people on the battery life are terrible.

Any first hand owners here want to share some info on that aspect of the watch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwsnydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Suunto Core looks like it has everything I need. But the reviews from people on the battery life are terrible.

Any first hand owners here want to share some info on that aspect of the watch?</div></div>

It sucks... You said it all with the words "battery life"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hers is some old school....
MVC-033S.jpg
</div></div>

Digging the Red Sub, I am right there with you Bolt

rolexdssd006-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwsnydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doorkicker, how is the battery life on your watch? is it user replaceable? </div></div>
Probably just like all other Suunto just us a coin to open the back and there you have the battery, I don´t know about his model but the core uses CR2032 batteries.

And when you replace the battery, remember that use get what you pay for, don´t be a cheapo.

EDIT - Found this on another forum:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Some of the first units have had battery issues.. Just so you know the fist digit is the year and the next two are the week of manufacture.. some of the units with 7 as a first digit have had these issues.. also try to determine your software version...

To see the versions, you need to enter the 'service-menu' the same way you do, when you need to change the contrast:

1. Press and hold the upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right buttons until 'SUUNTO' appears on the display.
2. When the display is blank press the upper left button once - 'SUUNTO' will appear on the screen
3. While 'SUUNTO' is still displayed press and hold the upper left button

From here you should find a menu called versions or something like that, choose it, and it will display hardware and software versions.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwsnydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doorkicker, how is the battery life on your watch? is it user replaceable?</div></div> I just replaced my battery 2 weeks ago for the first time...been running strong for the last 3.5 years. Easy to replace.

When I need to wear something that will take a beating or I don't care if it gets destroyed, I wear my Casio G-Shock. Most of the time, I just wear an Omega Seamaster.

Check out Lum-Tec, might be the brightest lume in the industry. I would say definitely the longest lasting. I wear mine to bed and after a full day of normal wear no artificial charging, you can still see it in the morning. i just got the combat b5 and its awesome. Very high quality.

B5_web__69195_zoom.jpg
B4_lume_web__39161_zoom.jpg