• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tacti-cool watches any one ?

Re: tacti-cool watches any one ?

Looks like a Folex to me. The wristband is too shiny/cheap to look real.

That said, I highly recommend the Sunnto Xlander mils.
I had one since 2007 and the battery finally took a shit two
months ago.
If your suunto keeps resting its date and time, it means the batteries are low. Uses a 2032, just make sure to clean the shit out of the o ring and give it some good silicon lube.

It survived deployments and shitloads of humps, shoots, and other crap. Its beat to hell.

I know people bitch about the size of the Suunto, but its lighter than hell, and that's what makes it useful to me. I don't care if somethings big, or small, just lightweight.

+1 on marathon sar. For digital ABC, i have a suunto x-lander military.

I just bought a Suunto Vector so I can semi-retire my G-Shock 2300B-1V. She has been a good watch for me but it's time for a change. The Suunto caught my eye while at ISAF HQ strolling through the BX and I had to have it.

We'll see how well it holds up compared to the Casio and the abuse it's seen over the past 3 years.

I have a solar automatic triple sensor Casio pathfinder, then PAW1300-1V

http://pathfinder.casio.com/watches/

I don't find the tide graphs useful since I'm not close to the sea, etc.

The other one I like is the PAW 2000-1, which has everything that the one I have has plus sunrise and sunset data. But is a little more expensive.

I agree that the temperature sensors are not very accurate when wore on your wrist during colder than body temperature days, and it takes a long time for the watch to cool down enough for an accurate reading.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wear it like its a Timex, I bring it in to any Rolex dealer around the world, they buff it for free and it looks amazing. You are suppose to get them serviced every 5-7 years. It costs $500 but you come out with a "like new" watch. They actually refurbish it.

..If you buy a Rolex you "buy once cry once" I won't need to buy another watch for the rest of my life and one of my kids will be wearing it when I am sleeping on the other side of the grass. </div></div>

I prefer to cry lightly..
wink.gif

Good info on the Rolex. Didn't know they had to be serviced 5-7 years and it costs $500. </div></div>

Rolex recommends you get your watch serviced every 5 years. The seals in the watch dry out and need to be replaced and it needs to be lubed. If you don't, it will eventually stop running. Same goes for Patek and Vacherons. I have owned a Sea-Dweller for over 30 years and it has been serviced regularly. Part of the price of ownership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hers is some old school....
MVC-033S.jpg
</div></div>

Nice Red Letter Sub. How old is it? Here is a photo of my Sea-Dweller, which I have owned for 33 years.

[img:center]
DSC_1214-Version2.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PROOF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MTM watches are great you should take a look </div></div>

yes i have been also looking into them, are the cheaper ones any good ?

I have a Marathon SAR that works great, but the reality is that non quartz movement watches are for people who like the mechanics and longevity (with moderate expenses in cleaning and repair over time) - not really tactical. For sheer ruggedness and accuracy and ability to read in low light, a cheep digital watch is really more tactical. The G-shock does all that one might need, unless one wants diving calculator capability. I like the look of analog watches, and the Marathon watches are as durable as one can get without paying more than $500. (write the company directly if you are active duty military) Since the question was about tactical environments, I would not recommend a Rolex or Omega unless one is considering looks, prestige, etc. in the equation.