• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tactiacool stock

loom

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2013
has anybody tried the new boyds tacticool stock for a Remington 700?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Given the internet's propensity to misspell anything, I can overlook how they spell for $100. If it works, who cares what they call it?

Maybe they could call it a "MacMillan" instead of "McMillan" and charge $500 for it instead? Just another Typo, right? Caveat emptor.

I use the Tacticool stock on my Savage MKIIFV and love it. Gives me a close enough trainer for my Rem 700. However I prefer the Bell & Carlson Medalist stock for the larger centerfire.

As stated above I also have one on my Savage 93. It works but isn't quite as nice as i'd like. I little grinding with a 4" and some 36 grit will recontour where I want it.

I like it and it's worth the $ if you not sure about vertical grip stocks. You'll need a cheekpiece if you're going to run a big scope.

If you plan on keeping the 700, look at a better stock like a Mcmillan or B&C.

Don't buy anything made by Choate.

My $.02

I have one on my son's .22 cal Rem 597. It is ok for what it is. After the first couple of times shooting, I had to put washers between the stock and action screws because of the soft wood. Not holding much of a torque plus forget about keeping the bipod studs tight. It does center the barrel in the channel and float quite well.

DSCF0498.jpg