• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Games

I ended up doing a local tactical games skirmish. It was a good ole nut kicker but fun. I ended up making my own DIY weight bag for exercises. They are doing another one in my area in October.

Anyone care to post up pics of the rigs they ran during one of these?

Ferro Concepts Slickster plate carrier, HSGI cobra belt with HSGI polymer tacos, Safariland 6354DO retention holster and Oakley combat gloves. I did not have a magazine dump pouch but would recommend one. It's certainly faster/easier than trying to remember which order to grab mags, stow empty ones, and etc. In my opinion, you need an active retention pistol holster. With all of the stuff you do, it's probable that your handgun could rip free from a friction fit kydex holster.

You want quality gear for this type of competition. Not only will it make life easier but any time you leave gear behind that falls out, major penalty points. So you don't want to yard sale your gear every stage. I also wore knee pad inserts in my 5.11 pants. I am glad I did because climbing over stuff, dealing with loose rock, crawling on the ground...no knee pain to deal with. I was one of the few who used gloves. Also glad I did. It rained pretty good on us early on, so the weighted bags were wet and full of sand. Makes it easier to grip the bags and your guns when stuff isn't slippery.

MNTAC-AdamLink-2.jpg

MNTAC-AdamLink-4.jpg

Reactions: Pbgt and PBWalsh
Is there a standard height for the rope climb at any given TG? Or does it vary from location to location depending on the organizers?

thanks

Is there a standard height for the rope climb at any given TG? Or does it vary from location to location depending on the organizers?

thanks

Depends on organizers. I think they try to stay within the 15’ range reasonably.

Thank you. Think I’m going to build some new toys. Wanna make sure they’re close. Or at least as big.

I’m going to TTG in NC in a few weeks.

I’ve got nowhere to do rope climbs so I’m sensing burpees in my near future.

Good luck. The burpees are a huge disadvantage. They take way longer than someone who can climb a rope. So you burn time and energy. I know because I couldn’t practice rope climb either.

Reactions: TheTick
The aggregate - Be able to do the aggregate at a decent clip (jogging pace is fine) without stopping, and with the ability to do some sort of manual manipulation in between each exercise. They may have some rifle disassembly/reassembly in there. If you can run hard for the whole thing then great, but you don't have to. There are plenty of videos on this event but it goes something like this:
- Farmers carry (75lbs in each hand) 50-75 yards, 10 pistol shots on A/B steel at 25 yards. Carry back to start line
- 50lb sandbag 50-75 yards, repeat the pistol shots, and back to start line
- 75lb sled drag, repeat the above

Well, I experimented with the aggregate about 10 minutes ago.

I did 100 yards with 10 DA pulls on an X- ring from across my garage (it’s the best I got, lol) after each 100 yard run. I wore my slick PC that weighed in at a perfect 15.2#.

My aggregate was:

- Farmers Walk with 52.5# bells (biggest I have are Bowflex Selectech)
- 90# heavy bag
- 90# sled (empty Rogue Echo Dog)

I was pleased to run (jog) it 4 times straight through with no rest, but my grip was failing on the 4th Farmers Walk. I was happy that I wasn’t huffing and puffing to the point of not being able to hold the X-ring. It appears that my intense sled workouts for the past two months have paid off.

But alas... the rope climb approaches...

This would be the final nail for me.... LOL!

We just got back from 5 days in Vegas. I don't gamble; I go there to eat in the better restaurants. My Wife does gamble, and we get to have great meals together. This trip we had six of us along, We do something like this about once each year and save up for it.

Vegas is very different this year.

They're opening up the bars and restaurants as of yesterday, so we missed a bunch of the good stuff. But there's next year.

Go. Have fun. Bring money.

Greg

PS, the masks made my short beard itch like an SOB.

Last edited:
Buddy of mine and I just signed up for the one at the Sig Academy next May. Let me know if you'll be there yourself.