• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tactical Innovations CH22 10/22 Receiver

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Has anyone built a 10/22 using the CH22 receiver from Tactical Innovations? If so what did you think afterwards? I'm curious as to how it performs, especially with it using the top charging handle like the AR's.

Re: Tactical Innovations CH22 10/22 Receiver

I was considering it, but then again it really serves no purpose... if I was going to buy a billet upper it would be the X ring from Tactical Solutions because it comes with matched bolt and is designed around their barrels... but it ain't cheap, like $500!

I built my 10/22 off a standard Ruger action w/ Hornet Precesion bolt, trigger, main spring, titanium cocking rod, slide stop, extended mag release, buffer technologies rear delrin reciver pin, TacSol SBX barrel & pic rail, replaced the main reciver screw with hex head bolt, Houge stock & 2MOA red dot, I've got maybe $800 in the gun with nothing left to do even if I wanted too... I'd be right around $1,300-$1,400 if I'd have gone with the X-Ring... The best thing I have found is the Tactical Inovations adjustable mags, good stuff!

my $.02

-JC

Don't buy the xring, it's garbage. I own one and it's had a huge amount of issues. Doesn't provide enough barrel support. Sloppy fit on all barrels I tried. No forward cant on the picatiny rail. Picatiny rail is out of spec. Not enough clearance under rail to use many different rings and throw lever mounts. Short strokes even with high velocity ammo. Proprietary buffer is nearly toast in less than 500 rds. Inconsistent ignition due to round tipped firing pin. Bolt face has a delicate part that chipped off in the first couple hundred rounds. Most parts are non standard, so you can't change out things like the v-block.

I was so frustrated with that hunk of junk that I just put it in a corner and got an EGW 20MOA rail for my old ruger. Easily one of the best accessories I've bought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't buy the xring, it's garbage. I own one and it's had a huge amount of issues. Doesn't provide enough barrel support. Sloppy fit on all barrels I tried. No forward cant on the picatiny rail. Picatiny rail is out of spec. Not enough clearance under rail to use many different rings and throw lever mounts. Short strokes even with high velocity ammo. Proprietary buffer is nearly toast in less than 500 rds. Inconsistent ignition due to round tipped firing pin. Bolt face has a delicate part that chipped off in the first couple hundred rounds. Most parts are non standard, so you can't change out things like the v-block.

I was so frustrated with that hunk of junk that I just put it in a corner and got an EGW 20MOA rail for my old ruger. Easily one of the best accessories I've bought. </div></div>

Thats to bad about the X-ring, figured it would have been top quality. I love my SBX barrel...

26cc0891.jpg