• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Long Rifle "Kill the Steel" - in cent. AR

patrick_mccarty

Private
Minuteman
V.E.T.S. Shooting Center - Tactical Long Rifle "Kill the Steel" October 8-9 2011

This is an individual tactical precision rifle match. Targets will be from 5-.5 moa in size and will be from muzzle to 850 yrds. Scoring will be done on a time and hit basis%. The competitors ability to range estimate, identify targets, and engage targets accurately from multiple shooting positions will all be tested.

Gear essentials: Rifle with optic, rain gear/snivel gear, water, 200rnds long rifle ammo, range estimating equipment, Rangefinders will be allowed on some stages but not all stages. You must carry your gear with you through the courses.

Nothing larger than 300Win Mag please.

Entry Fee will be $125.00 (members) and $140.00 (non-members). 1/2 due at time of sign-up. Limited to 60 Shooters. Prize table will be awarded in order of finish.

We will accept sign ups starting on Sept 1, 2011.

questions email to [email protected] or call 501-724-8387

Re: Tactical Long Rifle "Kill the Steel" - in cent. AR

Any other members gonna try to make this match.
Teppo-Ka and I are gonna try to make it.

Where in Arkansas is this?

Matt,

I know your a little slow at times but I'm sure you can use mapquest in NW OK. Looking foward to seeing you and cousin Eddie on Oct1.

Dustin

Dustin

You guys coming to shoot this one? I'm seriously considering it since it's only couple hrs drive.

Scott

I'm out on Oct 8th and I'll see you guys on the 1st of October for sure. Looking forward to a great match and some good times.

is this a 1 day match or two day?
thanks,
t

Scott,

It looks like we will be there. I'm not sure if all three of us will make it but a couple of us will be there anyway.

Dustin

If there is still room, Cody and I are game.

Mick

Sorry no stage descriptions prior to the event. Real world style scenarios. Less the stalking, live targets, and 2 way ranges. Loads of fun. I don't have a Six story tower yet so there won't be any high angle stuff. -PM

I was really wishing for live targets, maybe next time. I'm sure it will still be fun so check in the mail.

Cody and I are in. Looking forward to a match close to home although still west of the Mizzipp.

Mick

We are bringing a truckload of folks from the Northeastern part of Louisiana. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In for this. Hoping Mick runs into a snake again.</div></div>

I'm telling ya the rattler at the OTS match was 6 ft long and had 8" fangs at least that's what I saw.

Mick

Is this open to spectators? I would like to enter but I don't have the needed tools and skill level yet but would like to pick up some pointers if possible.

Do to unforeseen circumstances myself and Cody are not going to make it. Really wanted to be there but sometimes things just don't work out.

Mick

If nothing comes up, I will be there with a friend or two to spectate. I will compete next year (or next time). Sounds like it should be fun and only a few hours away from Fort Smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anybody local to this match suggest a hotel. Looking to stay in Searcy. Thanks</div></div>

Little Rock

Had a great time. Thanks guys.....

Had a good time guys, you have some tricky wind!

Great prize table and a great bunch of guys to shoot with. Looking forward to the next one.

Congrats to Floyd on the win!

Can you get us a full sponsor list so we can send thank you emails out?

Wanted to say thanks to Patrick and crew for putting on a match for all of us to participate in.

As usual,I learned a lot.Mostly about how to try to read the tricky wind you guys have there.

You had a great bunch of R.O.'s also.I know they will want to shoot the next one.

Congratulations to Floyd on some great shooting in some rough conditions.I think my rifle is about 1 Lb. lighter after getting all that talcum powder dirt out of it.Muzzle brakes make for an instant dust storm in that powder.

Thanks to Sierra,Hornady,Leupold and Choate for their generous donations to the prize table.

Hopefully will see all of you next episode........

Todd

Any pictures of the event?
I had planned to go unless something came up and something did, gunshow. And I am glad I stayed for the show, I had a good weekend of trading and buying. I will definitely come out for the next one and I will more than likely participate. Hope to meet some of you there and learn from you. Glad to see everyone had a good time.

Thanks to all the competitors for coming out and shooting. I had a good time running the match. Hope you all had a good time shooting it. Looking forward to shooting in the Bash against some of you all.

Also a sponsor was Holland's Shooters Supply

Just wanted to say thanks, later is better than never right
wink.gif

One of the things I enjoy the most are the shooters that come to a match, I really enjoy all the lies they tell!

I can only see match's getting better. Throughout the 2 days I was treated like I was 'at home'. I also appreciate (lucky it was not me) the fact that these guys worked before sun up and after sun down, then off to work on rifle problems for some of the competitors.

Every chance I get I will try to come down and support the Range. I think it would be great to host a .308 or .223 only match as well.

IMAG1141.jpg

I will send some thanks out to Sponsors as well. I feel like you guy's gave away quite a bit of stuff considering the newness of the organization. There was a lot of experience there and sure appreciate all the veterans and service members.

IMAG1138.jpg

When is the next one scheduled for?