• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Operations and Short-Bus Together!

T2CH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Va, USA
Today I received my Tac Ops Delta 51.

Fed Ex man dropped this off. What could it be?

fed ex drop off.jpg

Mike forgot to send the key ahead. No problem, got drill? Just a few minutes and I'm in!

tools to open.jpg

Here is what I found inside!

inside.jpg

And this!

proof target.jpg

Another pic with the optic mocked up.

DSC03607.jpg

Nice gun. I wish I could shoot like that. I'm pretty happy when all my holes touch.

A few more pics...

DSC03608.jpg
DSC03611.jpg
DSC03612.jpg
DSC03613.jpg
DSC03614.jpg

As the title states, this is a Tactical Operations Delta 51. It was spec'd with a Tango barrel contour to save a little weight. I also spec'd the Birdsong Back T on the barreled action and bottom metal. I wanted something different so we had Brandon (Short Bus) put his magic touch on the paint. He did a phenomenal job, I love the contrast with the Black T.

Range trip scheduled for Sunday and I will report back then.

Big thanks to Mike R and Brandon, great job guys!

Congrats T2CH, Short-Bus has some great skills. First TacOps I've ever seen that didn't get a full Birdsong finish, amazing rifle you've got there!

I can't t wait to see in action this weekend. As usual Brandon does an awesome job. I feel like I have been waiting for this rifle right along with you. Looks like a good weekend coming up with my new BlackOps Recon and your TacOps.

Last edited:
I can't t wait to see in action this weekend. As usual Brandon does an awesome job. I feel like I have been waiting for this rifle right along with you. Looks like a good weekend coming up with my new BlackOps Recon and your TacOps.

Sunday should be a good day, I'm going to call my ffl holder and see if he can meet us so I can test out the Tac Ops can as well

T2CH,

I have an X-Ray 51 coming my way, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous of your setup! Very nice rifle!

Tactical Operations and Short-Bus Together!

That's correct, he makes his own bases. Two piece aids in loading since most of his platforms have internal magazines.
I switched to two piece bases a while ago, even on my rifles with DBM. It aids in top loading for that last round...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fine looking rifle and appears to shoot as good as it looks.

I have to say that I laughed out loud when I read that you couldn't wait and drilled out the lock to get at it. After the long wait for the build, I'm sure you couldn't wait another minute.

*sigh*

This is all making me seriously itchy for my Delta 51. Feh--guess I'll just have to hurry up 'n' wait.

That is one fine-looking Delta, T2CH.

-David

Dude-

That is such a cool rifle. The engraving really pops on the black-T barrel. Interesting you got the Tango barrel, as that is what I have on order with Mike since last month- a Delta 51 with Tango barrel. Lightweight with adjustable cheek and length. Sweet! But I am getting standard colors. I am visiting LA and hope to meet Mike at his shop when he gets back from shot show. That test target is ridiculous- .019 @ 110 yards

that is sweeeet....and the finish....awesome...tipping it will shoot ok in your hands too ;)...congrats

I cut the locks on the X-Ray 51
Won't make that mistake on the green hornet being shipped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Very, very nice! I'm really digging the camo job.

Hope you get to shoot the can as well, I've got a Tac Ops 30, titanium that I run on both my Tango 51 and my Delta 66--great suppressors! Everyone comments on the quietness of it, even shooting the Delta in 300 win mag. Had guys comment at the range that their air rifles are louder!

A few more pics.

DSC03615.jpg
DSC03621.jpg

Made it to the range on Friday for a little testing. I have not been to the range in 2 months due to work, weather, and hunting season. This 3 shot group are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shots for me. The shot by itself is the bore site confirmation. I shot that and with out touching the scope shot the 3 shot group. This is FGMM 168 at 100 yds. I was shooting off bipod with a rear bag. I need to get used to the trigger, its a bit light compared to my other rifles.
group1.jpg

This is the best of the day, with FGMM 168.

group 2.jpg

I shot some loads for another rifle to try them out and they shot pretty good. 155 Palma with 44.5 gr. varget yielded 3/8" groups.

The rifle is a pleasure to shoot.

Beautiful rifle! But how did you personaly have it shipped to your door? Just curious.

Regardless, that is a very nice rifle in all aspects.

Beautiful Delta 51!

Today I received my Tac Ops Delta 51.

Fed Ex man dropped this off. What could it be?

View attachment 26931

Mike forgot to send the key ahead. No problem, got drill? Just a few minutes and I'm in!

View attachment 26932

Here is what I found inside!

View attachment 26933

And this!

View attachment 26934

Another pic with the optic mocked up.

View attachment 26935
Congratulations on your Delta 51 and welcome to the Club, Travis. As much as I love Tac Ops' traditional look (contrasting Green-T & Black-T metal and Tac Ops OD paint on the stock), it's nice to see well-executed camo work on the stock and/or metal. Enjoy your Delta 51!

Keith

Thanks Keith, this has become my favorite rifle by far!

Branden, thank you for the incredible job you did on the stock!