• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge (TPRC) - Arizona

LH_Gina

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2009
Goodyear, AZ
Registration for the 8th Annual TPRC presented by PRIME Ammunition and hosted by AZ LRPRS is coming up quick! Match dates are November 3-4, 2018.

This will be a fast paced, multiple position rifle match held at the famed Gunsite Academy outside of Prescott in Paulden, AZ. We will be using a combination of natural terrain and man-made props to best utilize the facility. Be prepared as there will be minimal downtime. Competitors will need 220 rifle rounds. Any changes to the round count will be sent via email/Practiscore after registration. Eye and ear protection are required.

Competitor check-in at the 100 yd zero range will be available on Friday, Nov 2nd from noon-5pm. Match fee is $250 and will include lunch both days of competition as well as water and other hydration as necessary.

Registration goes live on July 3rd at 4pm PST. All registration, payment, and scoring will be done through Practiscore. Absolutely NO refunds will be given for cancellations or withdraw requests, however you may transfer your spot to another. Please advise the match directors so they can confirm all paperwork has been transferred to the correct name.

Any questions may be directed to the Match Directors Regina Milkovich & Matt LaVine at [email protected].

Sponsorship opportunities are available and welcomed.

Practiscore registration: https://practiscore.com/tactical-precision-rifle-challenge-7/register
Precision Rifle Series listing: https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/matches/match/908/

Last edited:
We only have 18 slots left for the TPRC. This is our biggest match to date and after visiting Gunsite over the weekend, we're confident we'll be able to run 20 stages at once with smaller squads so the downtime will be limited.

Reactions: Jettheterror
After a lot of discussion, we decided to scale back the available slots for TPRC. We settled on 140 which is still 40 more than we've ever done. Because of this, we're almost full so if you've been on the fence and waiting to sign up, you might want to do so soon. Once we're full, we're full. We will most likely not be backfilling from any wait list this year. Squadding is open now. We will be running 20 stages at once to keep the squads small (7 per) which means more work for us but less down time for each of you.

We'll send out an email with more detailed info when we get closer, but I wanted to make sure I let you all know one very important safety rule that has been stressed by Gunsite to us: All Competitors Must Wear Eyepro. We'll be adding a reminder to the "shooter ready" briefing and that will be your first and only warning. Failing to wear eye protection will be a stage DQ, then a match DQ. We know all the shooters in the SW have eye pro requirements within their clubs, so really I'm putting this out there for shooters from outside our area who might be on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing you all. I'll get back to watching As The Squad Sign-Ups Turn now (seriously, it's like watching a telenova or something with all the squad hopping).

We've had a few people ask lately about spots opening up at the match. We are not keeping a waiting list this year but are totally cool with shooters transferring or selling their spots - we just don't want to be in the middle of it.

We've had a few people ask lately about spots opening up at the match. We are not keeping a waiting list this year but are totally cool with shooters transferring or selling their spots - we just don't want to be in the middle of it.
I

We'd like to thank all of the sponsors who've signed on so far:

PRIME Ammunition
Gunsite Academy
AZ LRPRS
Alpha Munitions
American Precision Arms
Area419
Armageddon Gear
B&T Industries/Atlas Bipods
Beanland Custom Rifles
Bison Tactical
Black Rifle Coffee Company
Black Rifle Works/Special Purpose Rifles
Burris Optics
C&H Precision Weapons
Chambered
Copper Creek Ammo
Crux Ordnance
Curtis Customs
Custom Reloads of Dallas
Decked
Defiance Machine
DMR LLC
GeoBallistics
GSL Technology
Gunwerks
Hawk Hill Custom
Henderson Precision
Hodgdon Powder
Hornady
Howa Rifles
Impact Databooks
Impact Precision
J.Allen Enterprises
JC Steel Targets
JJ Rock
Kelbly Rifles
Kestrel
KRG
LA Police Gear
Lone Peak Arms
MagnetoSpeed
Magpul
Manners Stocks
Masterpiece Arms
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks
Mile High Shooting
Montana Metal Art
Nightforce Optics
Nikon Optics
Owens Armory
Patriot Cases
Patriot Valley Arms
POF-USA
Proof Research
Red Beard Gunworks
Rifles Only
Robar
Savage Arms
Score High Gunsmithing
Short Action Precision
Southwest Wildlife Taxidermy
Spartan Precision Rifles
Specialized Dynamics
Springfield Armory
Storm Tactical Databooks
Ruger
Stuteville Precision
Swarovski Optik
Thunderbeast Arms
Timney Triggers
Triad Tactical
US Optics
Victor Company
Voodoo Tactical
Vortex Optics
Vudoo Gunworks
WAR Rifles
Warne Scope Mounts
Whidden Gunworks
Wiebad Gear
Wilderness Tactical
XLR Industries

We still have more sponsors coming on board as well. If you're interested in sponsoring the match, a stage, or would like to donate an item for the prize table, please get a hold of myself or @mattsnuked for more info. We head up to Gunsite on Nov 1st. Really looking forward to seeing everyone and keeping our fingers crossed you'll all love the stages as much as we hope you will.

Last edited:
We'd like to thank all of the sponsors who've signed on so far:

PRIME Ammunition
Gunsite Academy
AZ LRPRS
Alpha Munitions
American Precision Arms
Area419
Armageddon Gear
B&T Industries/Atlas Bipods
Beanland Custom Rifles
Bison Tactical
Black Rifle Coffee Company
Black Rifle Works/Special Purpose Rifles
Burris Optics
C&H Precision Weapons
Chambered
Copper Creek Ammo
Crux Ordnance
Curtis Customs
Custom Reloads of Dallas
Decked
Defiance Machine
DMR LLC
GeoBallistics
GSL Technology
Gunwerks
Hawk Hill Custom
Henderson Precision
Hodgdon Powder
Hornady
Howa Rifles
Impact Databooks
Impact Precision
J.Allen Enterprises
JC Steel Targets
JJ Rock
Kelbly Rifles
Kestrel
LA Police Gear
Lone Peak Arms
MagnetoSpeed
Magpul
Manners Stocks
Masterpiece Arms
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks
Mile High Shooting
Montana Metal Art
Nightforce Optics
Nikon Optics
Owens Armory
Patriot Cases
Patriot Valley Arms
POF-USA
Proof Research
Red Beard Gunworks
Rifles Only
Robar
Savage Arms
Score High Gunsmithing
Short Action Precision
Southwest Wildlife Taxidermy
Spartan Precision Rifles
Specialized Dynamics
Springfield Armory
Storm Tactical Databooks
Ruger
Stuteville Precision
Swarovski Optik
Thunderbeast Arms
Timney Triggers
Triad Tactical
US Optics
Victor Company
Voodoo Tactical
Vortex Optics
Vudoo Gunworks
WAR Rifles
Warne Scope Mounts
Whidden Gunworks
Wiebad Gear
Wilderness Tactical
XLR Industries

We still have more sponsors coming on board as well. If you're interested in sponsoring the match, a stage, or would like to donate an item for the prize table, please get a hold of myself or @mattsnuked for more info. We head up to Gunsite on Nov 1st. Really looking forward to seeing everyone and keeping our fingers crossed you'll all love the stages as much as we hope you will.

That's a seriously impressive list! Looking forward to rubbing shoulders with some amazing people for the weekend!

This went out in email, but we know some don’t read emails. LOL. Unless something crazy happens, this will be the last update emailed out from us before the match (fingers crossed).

Round count: 198 minimum (there is one unlimited round count stage so plan accordingly)

Sight-In: We have a 300 yard range secured. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get you guys and gals anymore distance. Sad day, we know.

Eyepro: Bring it, wear it, or suffer a DQ. It’s a range rule and a club rule, so they need to be worn while shooting. There will be no exceptions.

Safety: Muzzles shall be pointed up or down - no suitcasing, pointing it around while carrying it over your shoulder, or resting your hands on top of the muzzle or your muzzle on your foot. We’re running 20 stages at once and some shooting areas won’t have a lot of room between them. Be aware of your muzzle at all times. If an RO catches you pointing the business end of your barrel at any person, including yourself, you’ll be given a stage DQ. The use of chamber flags will be required, please remember to bring and utilize them.

Squadding: We’re locking it down on the 19th, so if you haven’t squadded yet, this is your last opportunity to do so before we decide for you.

Weather: We’re hoping to avoid the curse of the Precision “Rain” Series. If you have a chant, prayer, dance, or whatever to keep the rain away that weekend, we’d greatly appreciate it. In all seriousness, the average temperatures that time of year are between 35-67 degrees, but because it’s Arizona we’ll add that it might snow or you may wish you were wearing shorts.

Withdrawals: If you need to withdrawal from the match, we absolutely will not be giving refunds. We get it, life happens. Because of this, you may sell/trade/barter your spot to someone else, but please email us with the replacement’s name and email address ASAP.

New shooters: If this is your very first 2-day national level match, please email us immediately to let us know. We have something special planned for the new shooters to help them a bit. More details will be explained at check-in. However, if your name is not on the list so we can vet you prior to check-in, then you will not be eligible.

Mulligans: Bring cash to registration if you’d like to purchase a mulligan. Mulligans will cost $20 and will be limited to one per shooter. Mulligans may only be used one time during the match and only by the purchaser. Your mulligan coin must be given to the RO immediately following shooting a course of fire and prior to leaving the firing line. There is no “think about it” time. Your reshoot will begin 15-30 seconds after handing your mulligan to the RO. Mulligans shall not be shared - they’re for personal use only. The money raised will be donated to the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation.

Sponsors: We are extremely fortunate to have many of our match sponsors on hand at the match either competing, ROing, or at a booth on sight-in day and prior to the awards ceremony. Please remember to thank them when you see them.

Range staff: This is our largest match ever which requires our largest staff ever. We have 65+ volunteer range officers. Please, please remember to thank them. We can’t put on an event like this without their help and dedication. Also, don’t get them too drunk on Saturday night if you want them to be nice on Sunday.

If you have any questions, please hit up Matt and/or Regina through email [email protected] and one of them will try to get you an answer as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in 2 1/2 weeks!

I'm assuming ROs get a separate/different email? I didn't get this one (I'm guessing because I'm not signed up as a shooter), but was wondering if final RO details were forthcoming as well. Thanks for all your hard work, Regina (and Matt)!

@Basher we don't have anything new for the RO's since the last email you should've received. And yes, this one just went to the shooters.

Couple of last minute drop outs. Their loss could be your gain. If your interested in either spot, contact me through pm please and I'll put you in touch with one of the sellers.

Nightforce Optics can't make it, so they've donated their spot to an interested Military or LE person. Please contact me if you're interested.

And finally, we have another comp slot that has been given up for a junior or lady shooter. By now you know the drill. Hit me up in pm or email us at [email protected]

Last edited:
Couple of things for those coming to AZ for TPRC.

1. No annoying daylight savings time so leave your clocks alone on Sunday.

2. If you haven’t watched Black Rifle Coffee Company’s Instructor Earl video yet, Matt & I highly encourage you to.

3.We have enough “christmas crack” for twice as many people in case anyone wants to sign up last minute.

4. Short Action Precision bought two kegs. Campground tent sites might end up doubled because of this.

5. As a side note, it sounds like PRIME Ammo will be hosting Karaoke night at the campground.

6. No jinxes please, but the weather is shaping up to be beautiful.

7. We knew Ryan Hey liked lists so....

See you on Friday at Gunsite. Check-in will be at the main pavilion near the Gunsite Pro Shop. After signing waivers and stuff, they’ll tell you how to get to the sight-in area. Both open at noon.

End of day one, and after today, I already want a Vudoo, JAE chassis, a Minox ZP5, and a K525i. I am so screwed...

Ready to add to my list even more tomorrow! :LOL:

Reactions: Covertnoob5
After day 1 I wish my zero would hold. Half of me wants to pull my AMG and put my Premier on for tomorrow.

End of day one, and after today, I already want a Vudoo, JAE chassis, a Minox ZP5, and a K525i. I am so screwed...

Ready to add to my list even more tomorrow! :LOL:

After day 1 I wish my zero would hold. Half of me wants to pull my AMG and put my Premier on for tomorrow.

That sucks. I assume you've checked all the obvious stuff? What squad are you in? I'm ROing at Stage 3, so no zero worries for me this weekend (and thus plenty of time to oogle other peoples' kit, haha). Would love to shoot, but I'm having an absolute blast helping out!

@Basher Squad 16 with Scott saterlee and the crew. I shot your stage today! Got a big fat 1 lol not gonna lie with my zero as bad as it is, that 1 that I got was lucky as can be.
At this point I'm thinking screw it, at least I know my premier is old faithful, tracks true and true.

ETA: yup just checked everything at the hotel, spuhr mount to base, and ring caps. Checked my brake. Can't think of anything else. But the fact that I dialed 1.4mils left to even get on steel today tells me it's something with my scope.

Reactions: Basher
@Basher Squad 16 with Scott saterlee and the crew. I shot your stage today! Got a big fat 1 lol not gonna lie with my zero as bad as it is, that 1 that I got was lucky as can be.
At this point I'm thinking screw it, at least I know my premier is old faithful, tracks true and true.

ETA: yup just checked everything at the hotel, spuhr mount to base, and ring caps. Checked my brake. Can't think of anything else. But the fact that I dialed 1.4mils left to even get on steel today tells me it's something with my scope.

Oh, nice! Yeah, lots of people struggled with our stage, but it is a KYL of sorts, afterall. Scope issues obviously won't help you any there, haha. I'd say swap the Premier on and see how you do. If the AMG is that bad, it couldn't get any worse, right?! :LOL:

Oh, nice! Yeah, lots of people struggled with our stage, but it is a KYL of sorts, afterall. Scope issues obviously won't help you any there, haha. I'd say swap the Premier on and see how you do. If the AMG is that bad, it couldn't get any worse, right?! :LOL:

Exactly my thinking! So I swapped it lol can’t be any worse. Well anyway, thanks for ROing we really appreciate it for sure. The minox is really a hell of a scope that’s for sure.

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the match directors, ROs, volunteers and sponsors for putting together this match. It was an absolute blast!

Exactly my thinking! So I swapped it lol can’t be any worse. Well anyway, thanks for ROing we really appreciate it for sure. The minox is really a hell of a scope that’s for sure.

How'd you do on Day 2 w/ the Premier?

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the match directors, ROs, volunteers and sponsors for putting together this match. It was an absolute blast!

It was a blast, right?!

How'd you do on Day 2 w/ the Premier?

It was a blast, right?!

Day 2 was awesome. My first stage was the unlimited stage and I had second round hits at 745 and on.
No re-zero, it was only off by .2 left, elevation was spot on. Premier was in a Spuhr QD Mount for the win hahaha

Either way I had so much fun. I can’t wait for my next 2 day match.

First off, thanks to all who competed at the 2018 TPRC. Second, we'll be sending out an email with an updated list of sponsors along with an explanation of the Shawn Shaw Captain America Sportsmanship trophy because those who presented it (including myself) couldn't get through it without getting choked up. There will be some info on the Jeff Cooper Legacy Foundation too since most of the participants made a donation to that fund.

Hope everyone had fun, hit more steel than they missed, left exhausted and well-fed, and made it home safe.

Last edited: