• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tactical Scope for Remington 700 300 Blackout????

ncbowhnter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
sanford nc
I figured I would ask this here to help point me in the right direction. My head is about to explode from trying to find a scope that suits my needs for my SPS in 300 blackout.
I want a variable power scope in the 3-12 or 4-16 range. Must have an exposed elevation knob for when I switch from subs to supers. I would like to have an adjustable objective. Must gather good light cause I plan on using it for hunting. Reticle doesn't really matter. 30mm or 1" doesn't reallly matter either.

I was looking at the Millett TRS-1 until I saw a review of it on youtube from 8541 tactical. Now its not an option.
I would like to purchase used to keep the cost down around $300, which is the difficult part.

I have a Mueller Sport Dot now, but the windage and elevation knobs are capped so I'm looking to switch. Oh yea, and I can't stand the minature screws that you have to unscrew to reset the turrets.
Now back to the searching....

Last edited:
Bushnell AR 1-4 gets pretty solid reviews.
Leupold Mark AR in 3-9 would be a pretty solid bet in your price range.

I've got the 3-10 Weaver tactical mil/mil on my AAC-SD 700 in 300 blackout. It's second focal but great glass for the money.

I use nightforce 3.5x15 NXS scopes on all my sub guns. Caliber doesn't matter I can get to 300 with all with a 50 yd zero. Plenty of elevation. It is the only scope I found that has enough elevation adjustments to get there.

I know you're looking for a variable, but something like a 6x SWFA SS would be a very usable option. It has in excess of 140 moa of total elevation adjustment, a 7mm exit pupil and spot-on tracking. For $300, it would get my vote every time, it is a great magnification for 300 blk, IMO. It has as wide of field of view at 6x as a lot of common variables set at 4x.

Most of my variables sit around 6x most of the time, it has a very broad range of usefulness for me.

After having a Nikon Blackout 2-7x33 and Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40. I have finally settled on the SWFA 6x as mentioned above for my 700 with DNZ mount. Makes it easy to switch between my hand loads 208 amax and 125 TNT hp's. Have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 on my Handi and 9.5" AR.

Leupold Mark AR scopes would be a great way to go or the cheaper Burris Tactical scopes. If we can be of help let me know we sale a lot of optics.

Mike CSTACTICAL

looks like I'm going to be going with a Burris XTR 3-12x50 courtesy of powell. He's hooking me up with a smoking deal that I can't turn down.