• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical Stock for a 77/22???

boomdoggie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2011
Texas
who make a tactical stock for a Ruger 77/22 I can't find a one. I called boyds and they said nope,manners said nope, richards microfit said not sure. For the love of god I need a better stock then the crappy wood one

Re: Tactical Stock for a 77/22???

Its a Ruger not a Savage. Sorry I couldn't help.
smirk.gif

Not a Tactical Stock, but different that the factory stock non the less.

CustomRugerK7722.jpg

Above is a Custom 77/22 I put together for my oldest daughter. The stock is a Volquartsen Laminated Wood Stock (the Barrel is a Clark Custom Guns 20" Bull Barrel).

I didn't care for the feel of the pistol grip and wrist area of the stock so I set out with wood rasp and sandpaper and came up with this.

CustomRuger7722-1.jpg

My daughter didn't really notice the difference in shooting it but I sure did. After my reshaping it was much more comfortable for me to shoot.

Larry

McMillan makes the Rimfire Magnum Varmint for the 77/22 http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2e . Not really a tactical style stock, but it may be close to what you're looking for. There just isn't much in the way of tactical or trainer type upgrades available for the 77/22. I simply free floated mine and added a Karsten cheekpiece to my factory stock.

Primary weapons systems makes a wooden tactical-ish stock called the stingray.

Making your own works

Also modding a 700 stock to fit works too.

I really wish a big time stock MFGR would say *hell, lets make a 77/22 stock like the MCM A5...*