• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical stock options for 10/22

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I was looking for a tactical stock or chassis for a 10/22. I don't think KRG, XLR, MDT, basically the common chassis makers inlet for the 10/22. Anyone have a nice chassis for the 10/22?

For a traditional tactical style tactical stock there are a couple of nice options that aren't overly expensive:

The Victor Company Titan 1022​
The Magpul X-22 stock:​
If you prefer more traditional materials both Boyds makes several styles of laminate stock, and Bell & Carlson offers a selection of synthetic stocks.

McMillan even makes a version of their A5 for the 10/22

If you want an aluminum chassis there are a few smaller shops making them for the 10/22, in addition to PMACA:

PDC Custom​
Accurate Rifle Systems​
McRees Precision​

If instead you prefer something more like an AR-15, Nordic Components also makes a chassis that uses AR handguards, buffer tubes, and pistol grips:

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/ar22-3-piece-stock-kit-for-ruger-1022/

(I have one of these that may be for sale soon, as I've moved the action into a Victor Company stock)

And of course there are plenty of cheaper all plastic options on the market made by companies like archangel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Chuck
Haven't tried the Titan yet but I plan on it. My next build is set up for the rear hold down that goes with the Titan. Anyway, i have the Mcree and love it. Went with a buffer tube, a Magpul CTR, and an MPA vertical grip. Had to improvise on mounting the grip but its solid now. Take this wth a grain of salt because I have almost no chassis experiece, but I love it. Feels like a real rifle, adjustable for the kids to get behind, and very solid. Actually had to do a little fitting in the mag well and V block area. Shoots great groups. Very pleased-Norcal911

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
For a traditional tactical style tactical stock there are a couple of nice options that aren't overly expensive:

The Victor Company Titan 1022​
The Magpul X-22 stock:​
If you prefer more traditional materials both Boyds makes several styles of laminate stock, and Bell & Carlson offers a selection of synthetic stocks.

McMillan even makes a version of their A5 for the 10/22

If you want an aluminum chassis there are a few smaller shops making them for the 10/22, in addition to PMACA:

PDC Custom​
Accurate Rifle Systems​
McRees Precision​

If instead you prefer something more like an AR-15, Nordic Components also makes a chassis that uses AR handguards, buffer tubes, and pistol grips:

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/ar22-3-piece-stock-kit-for-ruger-1022/

(I have one of these that may be for sale soon, as I've moved the action into a Victor Company stock)

And of course there are plenty of cheaper all plastic options on the market made by companies like archangel.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

The Titan is a great stock. I really like the look of the Accurate Rifle Systems chassis as well.

This is the PMACA with my Ruger Charger in it...

Ruger Charger PMACA.jpg

MDT makes the LSS-22 for the 10/22. If their Black Friday sale is like last year's, they should have some great prices on blems.

My mistake, I see now that they discontinued them for fitment problems.

Wasn't Mcree doing an overhaul on their 10/22 chassis? I thought I had read that and saw pictures of them with different forends, but I don't see any mention of that on the website.

Help us KRG!

Thanks for all the input. I really like the Manners option. Been thinking of getting a custom 10-22 at some point. But have wondered what to put it in.

Seems like PDC has a nice chassis.

Does anyone have experience with wait time after ordering a McMillan custom stock? The McM A5-22 looks like a possibe choice for a Kidd Supergrade.

However, I ordered a Manners TC4-Sako Quad and the wait time was 8.5 months. Another two months for Joe "The Stock Doc" to install a KMW Loggerhead ACP. The result was all one could want as along as they lived long enough.

The Victor Company Titan is what I have and I wouldn't trade it for any other stock/chassis on the market.

Does anyone know how the action is secured in this chassis? I tried to email the company a few days ago and havent heard anything back.

If you are referring to the Accurate Rifle Systems chassis it is secured via the standard 10/22 front takedown screw; and a second screw that angles (downward I believe based on the pictures I've seen) into the gap that is created between the rear of the receiver and trigger group. See the Lobster Media PRS Build on Rimfire Central for more pictures of the ARS chassis in the raw.