• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tactical Taylor?

para72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
gig harbor wa.
Has anyone used this brand? I'm interested in purchasing a drag bag and plate carrier,among other things......They have a shop in town (tacoma) and make everything in house and would be more convenient than ordering online.feed back is much appreciated! !

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tactical Tailor makes good products. I haven't personally used any, but been around enough kits to see that they work well. Talk to them in the shop about what you expect of the product...I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out.

I've been using their stuff since I got my 1st chest rig in 2003. Everyone in my section had their ruck straps back before the Molle gear came out. I still use some of their stuff that I have had for ten years.

They make quality gear in Tacoma. They should be your 1st choice, not just because they make good gear, but because they are your local sew shop. Shop local

They are 100% GTG. I have lots of their gear, it is all top notch.
They also usually have a founders day sale (35% off) the first week of May.

Awesome company, they stand by their product, bought a shooting mat for my daughter and had them sawn a strap for loading bipod, they did right on the spot for free.
Couldn't be happier with them for the last 8 years.
They are next to surplus ammo so it is worth a trip over the bridge.

I have their Extended Range Operator backpack and their quick release plate carrier. Both are high quality. Don't think you can go wrong with Tactical Tailor.

Tactical Taylor?

Im picturing a hot chick in camo botooms, topless, hard belly and she can field strip a penis blindfolded.

Tactical Tailor

Im picturing smelly, sweaty canvas gear that has gone through hell and still functions.

Everything I have purchased from Tactical Tailor has been GTG, they are one of few companies on my short list for soft cases, bags, and other miscellaneous accessories.

Thanks for everyones input. Sorry about the spelling! I'll have to swing by there on my way home from work today and see if they're having that sale in May. if so, looks like my wallet will be a little lighter:D

I've had custom stuff done when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and bought numerous other things from them. Zero complaints with them, and it's been around 12 years since I started using them.

Tactical Tailor makes great kit. I have a drag bag from them and have had it loaded down and gone shooting nearly 3-5 times a month for the last year. Still looks as good as the day I bought it. I have a ton of bags and pouches from them. High quality gear that will last and last. Seems everyone else only has praise for TT. Buy with confidence. They offer a mil/leo discount as well as put on sales during major holidays.

Last edited:
I stop by there on my way home from work tonight and talked to them about what I was looking for. They were more than willing to help me, show me different options. I'll be back this Saturday to make a few purchases! thanks for everyones input. Its nice to purchase with confidence!

Tactical Taylor is one of the first places that I go for gear. They make good stuff.

Tactical Tailor, London Bridge, TAB, Triad, High Speed Gear, Kifaru - all "cut from the same cloth". Top quality gear and customer service, made right the first time and every time, at home and not some other place. They actually give a shit. Eagle used to have that moniker... Not so much post ATK.

I can recommend Tactical Tailor highly. When I was stationed at Lewis, they were very receptive to making new items based on user feedback. Additionally, they did a nice custom bag for me. I used to fly to Camp Perry for the service rifle competitions, and broke my AR down into the smaller pelican case. TT made me a custom navy blue bag that fit it perfectly. Once I checked in at the front and zipped up the bag, it went on the conveyor belt with all of the other luggage. I often found it with all of the other luggage at the destination baggage claim (not in the "special handling area") as its appearance did not "stand out."

My son bought gear from them in Iraq 2003 when he and his guys couldn't get it through Army supply chain ( what a surprise ? )..he got me to try their stuff and I've been buying from them for years...made to last..good gear

Semper Fi

100% agree. TT has done custom work for me and i own many, many of their products. I am well north of Tacoma but still drive down just to get their stuff. They are a top shelf, first rank outfit.

I agree 100% with every positive comment made here about TT. My expereience was very positive when I visited. My only advice is to get the discount if you're eligible. Otherwise I would advise you to buy their stuff from another vendor, such as LA police gear. Ive watched the prices differ- they are significantly lower than buying in house.

They were the first company that I bought gear from, did a little time with the original owners nephew, he got us a shit load of OD green gear and its about 7 years old now and still holding up well.

+1 for Tact. Tailor---S.O.Tech and TAD and High Speed Gear are the greatest ones I have discovered thus far. All built to last a lifetime--- oh, almost forgot Mystery Ranch

One more +1 for TT. Top notch gear and extremely durable. I've put my malice II through absolute hell the last few years and it is still going stronger than ever. Had more weight in it than I care to think about and its held up and then some.

Thanks again for everyones help! I have Boughton most of what I was looking for. It has been a good experience and I'll definitely be back for more, Drag bag and shooting mat. ............

Too all of the men in harms way, I thank you for your help and your service. Good luck and God's peed

+1 for Tactical Tailor being GTG. Well made product and excellent service.

Urban Operator backpack is solid. After using it for a while, I wished it was a panel loading backpack instead.

Fleece Jacket needs gusseted arms: otherwise jacket lifts up with your arms.

Baseball caps are about as good as they get.

Like others said, when I'm looking for soft goods: Tactical Tailor is one of the first places I check out.

Last edited:
They are local and who I and everyone at Ft. Lewis used/uses over ten years ago to now. Everyone had a "rack" and half the folks had ruck conversions. Good folks, family owned and operated, would do custom stuff for us. Great people, can't say enough good about 'em. I still stop in just to say hi now and again.

They make quality gear and they make it right here, American family business, what else can be said?

They are the blue collar worker of tactical gear. Durable, reliable, and cost effective. There are a lot worse brands out there, but only a few that are truly better.

Bought a bunch of kit before deploying to Iraq in 2010. Beat it up over there and it came home in great shape. Still use that gear to this day! TT is definately the GO TO place!

Bought a pack during their 35% sale also. Had some ordering confusion on my end.They made it right!
Solid gear,Fantastic service!

I've been using Tactical Tailor gear for over 10 years and have put it through some very hard use with absolutely no complaints. They are a top notch company that makes top notch gear. They are very innovative as well as they are the originators of the MALICE clip. I can 110% recommend them.

Last edited: