• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool and DIP metal

jackh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
College Station, TX
I bought a Mark II FV-SR in .22LR yesterday afternoon. I want to get it in a new stock ASAP. I know I should also replace the bottom metal with DIP parts. Does anyone know if the Boyds tacticool stock is a drop in replacement with this rifle? And will the DIP bottom metal and trigger guard fit without any modification? I measured my receiver and it looks like I have the E series that measure 7.75". Thanks.

Re: Tacticool and DIP metal

I believe your answers are yes and yes in a perfect world. I just purchased a FV-SR, also, and I've ordered and received the same mods but haven't installed them yet. You should be prepared for minor fitting anytime you make modifications, regardless if it is suppose to fit. There is a post not too far down from the top here where a number of FV-SR owners are making the same mod and had issue with a screw not being long enough. No mention of fit problems there.

Minor adjustment may be required.

Nevermind, I am getting the rimfire hunter in pepper instead of the tacticool. I think the feel of that stock will be much more similar to my mcs t on my .308. Would yall agree?