• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool mark II

Re: Tacticool mark II

I really need to post some pictures of the one I built. I am just using it as a suppressor host, but if you put a cut down BUIS AR sight on the rear, and sleeve the barrel but a 240B front sight, the sights work PERFECTLY together with less than a click front or rear to zero at 25 yards. This is on a 16 inch barrel and the cheekweld works perfectly for coons that have been treed.

Well, it's safe to say that there is not a chance in hell that I will be pillar bedding the .17!
laugh.gif

I couldn't resist the urge, so I took the .17 to the range without the bottom metal. I don't recommend this at all. There was a thunderstorm today, so no one was at the range. I didn't have any negligent discharges, but without a trigger guard, I can see it happening in a hurry!

Anyway, on to the good stuff!

I pulled my 3-9 SS off of an AR that is awaiting the 5-20 SS and strapped it onto the .17

IMAG0118.jpg

After I got it on paper, I fired this 5 shot group at 50yds:
(all groups are 5 shots fired prone with a bipod using hornady 17gr v-max)

IMAG0109.jpg

I didn't put much effort into the first group, I just wanted to get a good idea of where I stood. I adjusted the zero and moved over to the 100yd line. For some reason I couldn't hold the rifle still today, so the 100yd groups varied, but this was one of the better ones:

IMAG0117.jpg

I shot some very nice 3 shot groups, but couldn't stay still enough to get the other 2 rounds in place.

At the end of the day, I moved back to the 50yd line. I did not adjust the elevation at all. POI was pretty much the same at 50 as it was at 100! Here is the 2nd and last group that I shot at 50:

IMAG0116.jpg

The "flyer" to the left was all me... I am almost certain that if I could hold the reticle on the same spot every time, that it would put every shot in the same hole! Needless to say, I am quite pleased!

Also, I thought this was rather interesting.... If you rotate the first 50yd group 90 degrees, it looks quite similar to the 100yd group. This has no relevance to my shooting or the rifle's performance, I just thought it was odd.

IMAG0121.jpg

Well, I just pulled the action to clean mud out of the stock... I forgot to torque the action screws before my trip to the range... They were NOT even finger tight! I think it's safe to say that the bedding did its job!
laugh.gif

Have a mkII shoots great just mounted a airsoft MARS rail on it cost me $70 + smith ($100 overall) i mount my pvs-14 on it & a form 1 can, no more cats /coons knocking my trashcans over at night.Cant wait to take my wife & kid out and let them play with it this weekend.

best $100 bill ive spent in a long time:}