• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tacticool or Rimfire Hunter

jackh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
College Station, TX
I want a stock as similar as possible to the mcs-t on my .308. Would yall recommend Boyd's tacticool or rimfire hunter for my FV-SR? The hunters fore end looks very similar to my manners, but the palm swell of the tacticool looks similar to my manners also. Thanks.

Re: Tacticool or Rimfire Hunter

I'd go tacticool myself.

I don't own one, but from the pictures the rimfire hunter appears to be a much higher quality stock than my tacticool. I like the shit out of the tacticool, but it is what it is....

I ordered the tacticool last night. athhud - IIRC, the tacticool is a wood laminate stock just like the other Boyd's stocks, it just has a textured painted finish on it. They should all be about the same quality fit and finish.

The machine work on the hunter just seems to be a lot cleaner job than that of my tacticool....

I would have said the rimfire hunter. It seems that Boyd uses a softer wood or less resin on the Tacticools, not as durable as the rest of the laminate stock lineup. I modified a CZ stock's inletting for a 455 only to have it crack between the action screw and magwell cutout. I ordered a Manners stock to replace it.