• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Talk me out of a 308 AR

Re: Talk me out of a 308 AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel or 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved. Both will deliver 1000 yds performance in a much lighter package. </div></div>

One of the 6mm small format AR's may be the answer to your wants. If you already have an AR just get or build the upper, money saved. Mine is a 6 RAT and since I got it the 308 sits in the safe. Lot less recoil, lighter package, and very accurate.

I thought I needed a 308 gas gun and got one, shoots sub moa, and is reliable. Put several hundred rounds through it and got very good results. Never did get to the point where the funky recoil didn't bother me. That heavy bolt group slamming shut just bugs me. Probably just me, but I don't have to put up with it when shooting the 6 mm. </div></div>

Heh, that sounds awesome. Being able to swap uppers and change calibers would be convenient, especially if you had a really pimped out lower, like billet with a good 2-stage trigger and something like the VLTOR A-5 Buffer/Stock system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel or 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved. Both will deliver 1000 yds performance in a much lighter package. </div></div>

One of the 6mm small format AR's may be the answer to your wants. If you already have an AR just get or build the upper, money saved. Mine is a 6 RAT and since I got it the 308 sits in the safe. Lot less recoil, lighter package, and very accurate.

I thought I needed a 308 gas gun and got one, shoots sub moa, and is reliable. Put several hundred rounds through it and got very good results. Never did get to the point where the funky recoil didn't bother me. That heavy bolt group slamming shut just bugs me. Probably just me, but I don't have to put up with it when shooting the 6 mm. </div></div>

I like this idea as I was originally going to get a 24" 223 bull upper and later on build a lower for it. Where Can you buy ammo or components for the 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved?

Thanks for all the opinions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where Can you buy ammo or components for the 6mm AR Turbo 40 Improved? </div></div> Here's info if you haven't found it already 6mmAR.com
Link says to run 6.5 Grendel through the die, load and shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get something in my head and I think I need one. I have an AR15 and a 308 bolt gun which are both range toys. After seeing all these 308 I'm feeling the need for one but don't know why.
What are the good and bad of the different makers and is there any to stay away from.
</div></div>
Take a look at the DPMS LR .308 cHrome moly barrel. I love mine and its accurate as hell.