• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Talk me out of a used Nightforce NXS

Biggest thing to me would be price, see quite a few new scopes that would be good options near the same cost as used nxs...but this all depends on if you find a good deal.

I have FFP Vortex Razor HD II and SFP NF NXS with Zero Stop.....love them both! I would buy a NXS again any day! Do whatever your budget allows and go out and enjoy shooting your rifle. In the end that is all that really matters!

Well I can tell you this much , in my experience vortex has a great warranty, and I know because I have used it ...... a lot !!!! I don't know anything about nightforce's warranty , I have a few that have endured more than any scope should ever go through and never even lost zero. My first nxs I ever bought , mounted on my first custom trued remington still sits on it. I re zeroed the scope on that rifle after the first 100+ rounds as the berger's gained about 50 fps during break in. And that's the only time I adjusted it. That rifle has to be nearing re barrel , still shoots great but nearly 1500 rounds down the tube with a 7mm rem mag . Once hiking down a steep rocky hill side on a deer hunt my sling stud broke , trying to catch it i slung it 20 feet down a rock slide . But that nightforce broke my remmy's fall , the sunshade is still crooked because it hit so hard it sheared the threads on one side and it's locked solid and the turrets and tube are still scratched to sh$% ! I didn't get a dear that year but on the way home I put down a coyote a hop skip and a jump past 800 yards . These days I have a lot of rifles and a lot of different types of scopes but my long range target and hunting rifles all sport a nightforce , every single one. My 338lm improved has destroyed sworofski's , Burris's , vortex's ( a pst , and w gen 2 razor hd's ) even a Schmidt & bender I took for trade work. And I lost money after reselling them after being disappointed. I could have bought me a few more nightforce's with all the money I lost on other scopes over the years.

Reactions: Danaelmore