• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Talk to me about the SKEETIR-L

mikefraz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2013
I’m aware that any unit for sale at this point will be a “gray market” unit with little to no warranty, but the SKEETIR-X isn’t even close to being in my price range. With that being said, finding videos or pictures of what the SKEETIR-L looks like through the lens as like finding hen’s teeth. I think I found maybe 2 videos on YouTube that might be a combined minute long between the two.

Seeing the thread earlier this week regarding the SKEETIR-L has refueled my thirst for knowledge and I’m hoping that someone can provide me with some through the lens pictures or videos, or even a comparison between other thermals if possible. I’d also like to see what the picture looks like as a clip-on as well. What is the sweet spot on the day scope magnification when the SKEETIR-L is in clip on mode?

So, if you have a SKEETIR-L, and want to show it off or know where everyone is hiding all the reviews and pictures through this thing, now is the time to come out and give me a good old fashion learning.

1.5x on any Skeet seems about right. If you go up in magnification, you reduce your pixels in FOV and thus killing resolution for ID. Can still see heat, but it becomes more of a blob.

@DownRangeThermal has some images posted of the SkeetX for representative purposes. Go look through his posts.

There’s a SkeetL in the classifieds that is probably the cleanest unit I’ve seen in ages. Sucker is going to get snapped up.

I carry my SkeetIR-L in my pocket every time I take the dogs out at night. On 1x it runs out of ID range around 200 yards on dog sized objects. You can see amazingly far, but detection range is pretty similar to the detection range of your naked eye.
As a clip on, going above 3x it starts to get pretty pixilated and it shows the 10 year old tech pretty significantly.
I had the dream of using it as a clip on all of the time, but I have found the form factor and the convenience of it for simple use while walking the dogs, or being bored and creeping around exceeds the usefulness of clipon capability

As a clip on, going above 3x it starts to get pretty pixilated and it shows the 10 year old tech pretty significantly.
My experience has been that the Skeetir-X also gets pretty blurry at above 3X through a (S&B) day scope. Seems to excel more at helmet mounting/handheld due to limited magnification range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mban2 and mikefraz