• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Talking Points for the "STUPID" about gun control

THUNDERBOLT68

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2009
TEXAS
Guys,

Please help me compile facts that can be repeated to everyone I come in contact with about gun control fiction.

I feel this can help everyone start engaging people to educate them on the facts.

Please give facts can be looked up. here is an example.

Couric didn’t mention that cities with the most restrictive gun laws—New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington D.C.—account for 13 percent of the U.S. murders despite making up only five percent of the U.S. population.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/...0#ixzz2Ff6Z4qdG

In states that passed concealed-weapon laws, crime has decreased dramatically. Professors John Lott and David B. Mustard of the University of Chicago found that network reporters were pushing a liberal myth: "When state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by five percent and seven percent." [More Guns, Less Crime, John R. Lott, Jr., University of Chicago Press, 1998.]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/...0#ixzz2Ff7EZsA0
[color:#FF0000][/color]

Thanks for help..

Re: Talking Points for the "STUPID" about gun control

Never try to teach a pig to read. I wastes Your time, and annoys the pig.

I had this same argument with some friends last night. The soccer dads and I were into it last night when they said "they" should take away all guns and that guns are too easy to get. I asked them if they were caught in a restaurant and someone walks in start shooting, would they rather someone fight back. They keep saying I had a good point but....

I think we are the minority since so many people do not have guns are willingly giving up that right. I really hope SHTF some day to do some cleansing of the stupids.

I say we cut off all dicks to prevent rape!

i would fight to the death before anyone cut off my dick! i feel the same way about other things that people want to take from me...FREEEEEDOM!!! had to sneak in some braveheard
wink.gif
i like movies

Let's start with the first one: "Because I want guns and fuck you." If you feel the need to go further:

Murder rate is roughly 11,000 a year in a country over 320,000,000+

Murder rate is down measurably from 2006 as gun ownership has expanded.

More likely to be killed by a cow than a mass shooting incident.

More people where killed by knives in 2011 than rifles and shotguns combined.

Violent crime rate is higher in countries (UK) and cities (DC).

There is an incredible amount of data out there on all of this. Truth of it is, the anti-liberty/freedom/gun crowd's case is made up wholly with complete lies. I'm not attempting to be a sensationalist with that statement. Very few things are true when it comes to absolutes but in this instance, it is exactly the case.

First I ask the anti-gunner, "Do you REALLY want to talk about this with ME?"
then I do "aversion therapy".
I check to see if they know that gun violence ranks at the lowest of the biggest killers of people in the US. Behind accidents, smoking.=, all the big ones.
Then I show them a photo of a "Full Term Abortion". Just the one photo of the abortionist suctioning the brains out of a full term baby while still in the mother, with just the head sticking out.
The I quote them these stats:

Total number of abortions in the U.S. 1973-2011: 54.5 million+

234 abortions per 1,000 live births (according to the Centers for Disease Control)
Abortions per year: 1.2 million
Abortions per day: 3,288
Abortions per hour: 137
9 abortions every 4 minutes
1 abortion every 26 seconds

These statistics include only surgical and medical abortions. Because many contraceptive measures are abortifacients (drugs that induce or cause abortions), it is important not to overlook the number of children killed by chemical abortions. Since 1965, an average of 11 million women have used abortifacient methods of birth control in the United States at any given time. Using formulas based on the way the birth control pill works, pharmacy experts project that about 14 million chemical abortions occur in the United States each year, providing a projected total of well in excess of 610 million chemical abortions between 1965 and 2009.

When conducting research on abortion statistics, you may also encounter two different sets of numbers. One set is from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the other is from the Guttmacher Institute, the "independent research arm" of Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

The Guttmacher Institute totals are actually the more accurate since the Institute conducts private research on abortion providers throughout the country and because not all states are required to report to the CDC. In fact, California and New York, where high numbers of abortions occur, are not included in CDC figures.

Planned Parenthood’s income break-down for 2009-2010 fiscal year

PP clinic income: $320.1 million
PP donations revenue: $223.8 million
PP Government grants and contracts: $487.4 million
Total profit: $18.5 million
Total income: $1.05 billion

2010 Planned Parenthood service numbers

Number of abortions (medical and surgical): 329,445
Total number of abortions per week: 6,335
Adoption referrals: 841
Ratio of adoption referrals to abortions: 1 per 392

2011 PP Annual Survey

Total number of PP clinics: 749
Total number of PP clinics that perform surgical and medical abortions: 322
Total number of affiliates: 82

Other Information

Highest number of PP clinics: 938 in 1995

U.S. Total Females, Age 15-44 (According to 2010 U.S. Census)

Whites: 58.3% (36,399,198)
Blacks: 14.2% (8,897,793)
Hispanic or Latino: 19.0% (11,845,024)
Other: 8.5% (5,303,843)

TOTAL: 62,445,858

U.S. Women Who Obtained Abortions in 2008 (According to Center of Disease Control)

White: 52.4%
Black: 40.2%
Other: 7.4%

TOTAL: 825,564

U.S.Women Fertility Rates (According to the National Center for Health Statistics)

In 1990: White: 1.85
Black: 2.55
Hispanic: 2.96

In 2010: White: 1.79
Black: 1.97
Hispanic: 2.35

Then I close with "When you stop the unchecked slaughter of innocent babies, perhaps we can talk about my guns which have never killed a single person ever."
Shuts them up pretty quickly.

This is good stuff thanks guys. We need to engage and educate the Masses.

For what it's worth......we are NFA/CLIII weapons friendly,90% plus adults I talk to own a firearm,no permit is needed/required to carry open or concealed but it must be declared on any LEO contact,moreover,they Expect you to be packing.....

We have an almost ZERO violent crime rate by persons not known to each other.Dirtball on Dirtball notwithstanding.Burglaries and property crimes are rare,again barring Meth Monsters preying on each other.Road Rage incidents are almost unheard of,only one armed robbery in the past couple of months I can recall,most folks,myself included,don't even lock their door,unless going out of town for a couple of days,we know our neighbors and look out for them...do you think,just maybe,it is because........

An Armed Society is a Polite Society ?

This is what we are up against, no matter how sound our facts are, how logical our points, the far left gun hating idiots will NEVER change their point of view.

These people are truly beyond attempting to educate or salvage

Take a look at some of their propaganda and responses below:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/armed-civilians-do-not-stop-mass-shootings

Do Armed Civilians Stop Mass Shooters? Actually, No.
Five cases commonly cited as a rationale for arming Americans don't stand up to scrutiny.
—By Mark Follman | Wed Dec. 19, 2012 3:01 AM PST

Pack Shot/Shutterstock
In the wake of the unthinkable massacre in Connecticut, pro-gun ideologues are once again calling for ordinary citizens to arm themselves as a solution to mass shootings. If only the principal at Sandy Hook Elementary School had possessed a M-4 assault rifle she could've stopped the killer, they say. This latest twist on a long-running argument isn't just absurd on its face; there is no evidence to support it. As I reported recently in our in-depth investigation, not one of the 62 mass shootings in the United States over the last 30 years has been stopped this way. More broadly, attempts by armed civilians to intervene in shooting rampages are rare—and are successful even more rarely. (Two people who tried it in recent years were gravely wounded or killed.) And law enforcement overwhelmingly hates the idea.

Those pesky facts haven't stopped the "arm America more!" crowd from pressing the argument with alleged examples of successful armed interventions. The problem is, the few examples they keep using—in which they depict plain old folks acting heroically and with definitive results—fall apart under scrutiny. Here are five of them and why they don't work:

Appalachian School of Law shooting in Grundy, Virginia
Gun rights die-hards frequently credit the end of a rampage at the law school in 2002 to armed "students" who intervened. They conveniently ignore that those students also happened to be current and former law enforcement officers, and that the killer, according to police investigators, was out of ammunition by the time they got to him.

Tragedy in Newtown
Read our two-month investigation: More Guns, More Mass Shootings—Coincidence?
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America
What Happened in the Newtown School Shooting
Mass Shootings: Maybe What We Need Is a Better Mental-Health Policy
No More Newtowns: What Will It Take?
WATCH: Newtown Residents Gather to Mourn and Reflect
Middle school dance shooting in Edinboro, Pennsylvania
An ambiguous case from 1998, in which the shooter may well have already been done shooting: After killing a teacher and wounding three others, the 14-year-old perpetrator left the dance venue. The owner of the venue followed him outside with a shotgun, confronting and subduing him in a nearby field until police arrived. The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg, who himself recently argued for more guns as an answer to gun violence, told me this week that one police source he talked to about this case said that it was "not clear at all" whether the kid had intended to do any further shooting after he'd left the building.

High school shooting in Pearl, Mississippi
Another case, from 1997, in which the shooting was apparently already over: After killing two and wounding seven inside Pearl High School, the 16-year-old perpetrator left the building and went outside near the parking lot. The assistant principal—who was also a member of the Army Reserve—ran out to his own vehicle, grabbed a handgun he kept there, and then approached the shooter, subduing him at gunpoint until authorities arrived.

New Life Church shooting in Colorado Springs, Colorado
In 2007 a gunman killed two people and wounded three others before being shot himself; the pro-gun crowd likes to refer to the woman who took him out in the parking lot as a "church member." Never mind that she was a security officer for the church and a former cop, and that the church had put its security team on high alert earlier that day due to another church shooting nearby.

Bar shooting in Winnemucca, Nevada
In 2008, a gunman who killed two and wounded two others was taken out by another patron in the bar, who was carrying with a valid permit. But this was no regular Joe with a concealed handgun: The vigilante, who was not charged after authorities determined he'd committed a justifiable homicide, was a US Marine.

AND WHAT ABOUT CASES in which citizens try to use their guns and things go terribly wrong? There are at least two examples of ill-fated attempts that you won't see mentioned by those arguing for your kid's teacher to start stashing a loaded Glock in her classroom:

Shopping mall shooting in Tacoma, Washington
As a rampage unfolded in 2005, a civilian with a concealed-carry permit named Brendan McKown confronted the assailant with his handgun. The shooter pumped several bullets into McKown, wounding six people before eventually surrendering to police after a hostage standoff. A comatose McKown eventually recovered after weeks in the hospital.

Courthouse shooting in Tyler, Texas
In 2005, a civilian named Mark Wilson, who was a firearms instructor, fired his licensed handgun at a man on a rampage at the county courthouse. Wilson was shot dead by the body-armored assailant, who wielded an AK-47.

Such actions in chaotic situations don't just put the well-intentioned citizen at risk, of course. According to Robert McMenomy, an assistant special agent in charge in the San Francisco division of the FBI, they increase the danger for innocent bystanders. (Exhibit A: the gun-wielding guy who came really close to shooting an innocent person as the Tucson massacre unfolded.) They also make it more difficult for law enforcement officers to do their jobs. "In a scenario like that," McMenomy told me in a recent conversation, "they wouldn't know who was good or who was bad, and it would divert them from the real threat."

Solrac The Barbarian
12/19/2012 03:22 AM
I can imagine a gun shot going off in a dark movie theater and everyone pulls out their weapon - how do you differentiate the good guy from the bad guy? Or imagine a fully armed university where someone decides to go on a rampage. When your life is in danger you're going to shoot at the person with a gun.

It's pretty scary that our country is controlled by people who've been educated by Disney fairytales and the bible.

(Edited by author 3 days ago)
hide 266 replies reply

justApoint
12/19/2012 03:46 AM
"When your life is in danger you're going to shoot at the person with a gun."
Exactly, the only problem being, if everyone has guns, what are you going to do.

hide 142 replies reply

JBfromNC
12/19/2012 06:16 AM
Bigger ammo clips? (I am being sarcastic--using NRA logic)

hide 27 replies reply

Marian Thomas
12/19/2012 02:25 PM
In 2005, a civilian named Mark Wilson, who was a firearms instructor, fired his licensed handgun at a man on a rampage at the county courthouse.... http://www.youtubeFascinatingJ...

hide 3 replies reply

Free_Humanity
12/20/2012 12:00 PM
Spam, please flag (why are people liking this?)

hide 1 reply reply

NancyP
12/20/2012 06:22 PM
It said something that endorses gun nuts beliefs.

David Forbes
Today 10:20 AM
If you had bothered to read the article, you would know that this case was already discussed.

PNik
12/19/2012 10:48 PM
Clearly, 6-7 year olds need to carry assault guns for self defence now.

hide 10 replies reply

D Armstrong
12/20/2012 06:02 AM
I'm a little dumber after reading this comment.

hide 2 replies reply

Gracchus
12/20/2012 08:39 AM
Send off to the NRA for some literature, if you want to end up a lot dumber.

Marred Graves
12/20/2012 11:57 PM
PNik was being sarcastic (i hope) -- ultimate logic of the gun worshippers is tiny tot shooting ranges and armpit holstered preschoolers taking one-hour shifts at the classroom door, on the outside of which is a sign saying "Bring it on!" with GW and Obama's pictures above and below.
Gun cultists claim they're only interested in hunting and target practice, while some relate the 2d Amendment right as equivalent to the right to defend oneself against a clear and present danger. Yet as often as not guns are used to intimidate, threaten, abuse, injure, rob and kill by persons more likely than not to have gotten their guns legally -- as did most of the child-killers at school shootings. Gun cultists should be required to go to ERs across the country to see what a single bullet can do to a person's flesh and organs and bones and mental state. Life is not the same as TV, folks.

12/20/2012 03:34 PM
Comment removed.
hide 3 replies

Charlie Canfield
12/20/2012 06:57 PM
...witness another issue when sarcasm and simplistic thinking become indistinguishable.

myfanwy
Yesterday 01:30 PM
And you, Mike Cassel, seem to have some anger issues.

joemog
Yesterday 01:52 PM
Hey, more sarcasm!

PNik
Yesterday 12:06 AM
Sadly, the forums treated the very last bit of my original post as a HTML tag which meant it doesn't show. For clarity, I had added an /endsarcasm tag there ^_-

I'm happy that my post generated some strong feelings though, because it wouldn't be too far beoynd current trends if the NRA seriously started suggesting arming pre-schoolers next. In fact, it would be completely logical in their line of thinking.

hide 1 reply reply

myfanwy
Yesterday 01:32 PM
Disgusting, but true. They work for the gun manufacturers, not for the people who buy the guns. The more perceived need they can invoke among gun enthusiasts, the more demand for guns.

JNagarya
Yesterday 08:21 PM
No, no. There teachers would be armed.

Would they keep their guns in locked safes, so they might as well not have them in an emergency?

Or in a desk drawer, where it would be accessible to 6-7-year-olds?

justApoint
Today 06:29 PM
Please be sarcastic, PLEASE be sarcastic, thats all I am going to say.

Lauren Andrew DiLallo
12/20/2012 11:43 PM
They aren't clips... they are magazines... but don't worry about knowing anything about you want you ban.

hide 11 replies reply

Gallant_Guppy
Yesterday 03:39 AM
Terminology is where you catch the real nuts.

hide 2 replies reply

JBfromNC
Yesterday 04:20 AM
Yeah, because terminology slaughters American children. If you are down to semantics, you may have a problem.

hide 1 reply

Gallant_Guppy
Yesterday 05:51 AM
More precisely, the nuts know all the correct terminology for describing the slaughter of American children. Terminology is the least of their problems.

McGauth925
Yesterday 07:16 AM
Yeah, cause it's MUCH more important to get the terminology right, than it is to be aware that more guns = more deaths.

That one's a fact, Lauren. The most important fact.

hide 3 replies reply

Justin Pfeifer
Yesterday 08:25 AM
In the eyes of the law yea the terminology being right kinda is a big part but way to show your ignorance really hammers home your point and makes me want to side with you.

NCBrian
Today 05:12 AM
No - i think the terminology is important because its misuse implies a certain lack of knowledge of the issue at stake or what they're trying to ban.

You might be a raging gun nut or absolutely in favour of banning all guns off the face of the earth. it doesn't matter. Lawmakers and experts have spent entire careers weighing constitutional and civil rights against gun violence. It's not a simple problem nor does it have a simple solution. So I certainly hope they spend the time it takes to educate themselves on the terminology so that they can make informed decisions. You might think it minutia, but in reality it matters.

Sam Harris
Today 04:09 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.c...

"clip 2
n.1. Any of various devices for gripping or holding things together; a clasp or fastener.
2. A piece of jewelry that fastens with a clasp or clip; a brooch.
3. A cartridge clip.

Please note definition #3.

Hopefully, the "it is a magazine, not a clip - you people are ignorant" crowd can be driven to buy a good dictionary.

Arguing against gun control zealots on Mother Jones is about the same pointless endeavor as some anti-gun leftist arguing for gun control here on the Hide...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daybreak1199</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Solrac The Barbarian
12/19/2012 03:22 AM
It's pretty scary that our country is controlled by people who've been educated by Disney fairytales and the bible.

</div></div>

Nothing about gun control in the Bible. Leave that out of this conversation. When I go to church my Bible is in my left hand. My pistol is still accessible to my right hand. At least one handgun is on me. I wear the same clothes / handguns to church I wear on the street. Well, except the necktie.

It has been that way for many years. The preacher knows it.

We're obviously all preaching to the choir, the problem is many people have never had guns, see no reason to have them, have zero emotional connection to them, and can easily be manipulated to believe that restricting guns would save lives and they (as non-gun people) are giving up nothing THEY care about by restricting them.

Here's the problem, a "rational" non gun owner will never be convinced for ANY reason that people need AR15's with 30/60/100+ round magazines for any sporting purpose, you won't convince them you should have an AR15 to hunt with, you won't convince them you need it for 3 gun competitions. You can't convince them that only having 10 rounds instead of 17 rounds in your glock is a horrible travesty. Most don't care if it's against one interpretation of the second amendment, and probably feel that the 2nd amendment authors never intended for it to cover the kinds of weapons we have on the open market today and the damage they can do in criminal hands with the wrong intentions.

You aren't going to go convince rational non-gun people that we should be allowed to have guns to "ensure" that the US military does not forcibly oppress civilians, because no one believes that could ever happen and frankly even with all the AR's in the world you aren't going to stand up to the full force of the US military if they did.

All trying to convince the non-gun people of the above does is make us look like irrational paranoid gun crazy people.

What's the answer.....I don't know, I doubt there is one, which is why it's such a polarizing topic like religion, abortion etc. I've taken non-gun people to the range with mixed results, usually any positive progress is ruined by some idiot spraying rounds all over the range who obviously stays up late at night hoping someone breaks into his house. I've taken them to three gun matches to try and show them the competition side of higher capacity guns and most come away thinking that it's just a way for civilians to play wanna be swat/soldier games.

I suppose it's like golf, if I didn't golf and saw kids killed every few days with sand wedges and there was a movement to restrict sand wedges as a non-golfer it wouldn't be that hard to sway me to the fact that maybe it's not worth having that one style of golf club when it's hurting so many people. I know that's the wrong attitude but I understand how easy it would be to convince the sheeple of that.

Theres a quote that I cant remember exactly but goes something like...

2004012130_Display-35.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Theres a quote that I cant remember exactly but goes something like...

2004012130_Display-35.gif
</div></div> Yup. Hence My statement in post #2. Heheh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing about gun control in the Bible. Leave that out of this conversation. When I go to church my Bible is in my left hand. My pistol is still accessible to my right hand. At least one handgun is on me. I wear the same clothes / handguns to church I wear on the street. Well, except the necktie.

It has been that way for many years. The preacher knows it.</div></div>

+1. IIRC, if you don't have a sword, sell your coat, and go buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norskone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say we cut off all dicks to prevent rape!</div></div>

Politely disagree.
wink.gif