• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tanfoglio .45 ACP

fasteddie565

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
Garden City, MO
Traded some guns to a guy here on the Hide and while I was picking them up at the Shoot and Scoot, I saw this Tanfoglio in .45 acp. Looks like brushed nickel or stainless. Anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? Please, no more "Here is my favorite handgun threads" I do not seek advise on anything other than THIS particular model of pistol.

Thanks
[img:center] http://www.socnet.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8306&stc=1&d=1246636848 [/img]

Re: Tanfoglio .45 ACP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Link is broken. </div></div>

Down, I just checked it, it came right up for me.

Probably have to be a member of that forum to see it.

i have a tanfoglio 9mm, it isnt the best gun ever made but i enjoy the hell out of it. i have never once had even as much as a stove pipe jam on it, and i have shot some really shitty ammo out of it.

bench

i had a stainless in a .45 years ago....double action & a bit weighty....but it ate everything i fed it...it fit my hand well and i could hit with it.....for the money i give it two thumbs up!

There's a reason you see a lot of them at IPSC type matches!

I don't personally own one, but wouldn't hesitate to if the opportunity presented itself

I have a Tanfoglio in 10mm...Witness 'Match' model..the machining, fit and finish is pretty poor by my standards but the match trigger is outstanding, 2-stage with overtravel stop, dead-nuts accurate, cycles great, doesn't jam. I'm skeptical of the metal used for the slide, seems like it may be a bit brittle and so I'm hesitant to put full power 10mm loads through it but so far it has been holding up.

One of the selling points of this pistol, is that the standard frame will accomodate all the barrels, recoil springs, and magazines from that product line. So, you could buy the .45 auto, then get a barrel/mag for 9mm, 9x21(tanfoglio is in italy, italian laws forbid the sale of military chambered firearms, so thats why the 9x21 is what it is)38 super, .40s&w, and 10mm auto.

The last selling point is the price, it comes in about $150-$200 less than a CZ-75B.

Tanfoglio is an italian firearm mfg that was founded in the 1940s, was subcontracted by IMI to produce the Jericho 941 pistols..now they primarily mfg and export sporting pistols, catering to the IPSC crowd for the most part.

Bottom line, they shoot, are cheap, but don't expect a Beretta fit and finish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a reason you see a lot of them at IPSC type matches! </div></div>

5 years shooting USPSA, I have only seen one.

I am a fan of CZs, though, and the Tangfolios look just as good as any CZ to me.

Bolt,

Thanks for the note. I put about 50 rds through it yesterday and had some varying results:

Accuracy was dead on from 10 yds, no compliants there.

Weighty is an accurate description, It is a big piece of steel however this weight makes even the HOT Aquila ammo seem like a pellet gun.

The extractor may need some work or cleaning. The first few casings came straight back and hit me in the face. (Thank goodness for shatterproof peepers)After that they threw to a respectable distance. Still had a few come straight back though.

Function, like a sewing machine. Only 50 rds, but didnt miss a lick at all. Trigger is smooth enough for a $300 gun.

Now on to more magazines.....

Thanks all to who posted here. I am anxious to see what other information is out there. Dusting off the Google Fu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a reason you see a lot of them at IPSC type matches! </div></div>

5 years shooting USPSA, I have only seen one.

I am a fan of CZs, though, and the Tangfolios look just as good as any CZ to me. </div></div>

They are a lot more popular outside the US. Mainly because the US importer, EAA, sucks ass. They're starting to be a bit more prevalent, but no huge numbers yet. Tanfoglio is used by Eric Graufel, the world Open Champion, and the best open shooter in the world. The top Limited Tanfoglio shooter is Henning Wallgren who now lives in the US. BTW, if you need any go fast parts for that Tanfoglio gun Henning has his shop and website, www.henningshootsguns.com which has several cool little bits.

I have been shooting an Elite Match in 45 ACP for years & have never had any problem with it what so ever. I feeds stuff that my Glock 36 won't even think about feeding. Overall very accurate & dependable. As with any product some will work flawless others are nothing but trouble. Much the same as women.

Tanfoglio (EAA and IMI Jerichos/Baby Eagles) makes some good, inexpensive, pistols. They tend to be heavy, but they are usually accurate and reliable-- which I'd expect for a CZ75 based design.

I love the dou-tone Jericho 941FB I got a while back. I love that I paid 330 for it new too.

My Pop has one, and I tried to clean up the trigger pull for him, and smooth out the slide. His is a compact and ported 45. I had some feed issues, but bought a new mag. With the new mag the 45 would feed 90% of the time to the last round, the other 10% of failure was always the last two rounds. It was accurate enough, but the trigger sucked. I would never use it as a carry, and gave it back for him to shove it in a dark and forgotten spot in his gun safe. Might have just been a lemon, but if the gun burps 10% of the time I’ll never buy one or recommend it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tanfoglio (EAA and IMI Jerichos/Baby Eagles) makes some good, inexpensive, pistols. They tend to be heavy, but they are usually accurate and reliable-- which I'd expect for a CZ75 based design.

I love the dou-tone Jericho 941FB I got a while back. I love that I paid 330 for it new too. </div></div>

Mike,

Ditto, its a bit heavy but the price as right, about $300.00. I am all about a brished nickel or stainless gun as well as I use my guns as tools and hate to fight the finish / blueing issues when carrying, shooting etc.

Thanks for the note