• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta 3-15M review

In fact at this years SPIE on Aug 9th there is a whole discussion on optical systems for deep space exploration. The first one is Schott Optical Glass in Space, then there is Parametric criteria for optimal selection of materials for spaceborne mirrors CoAuthored by Schott Germany. Then you have Homogeneity of the coefficient of linear thermal expansion of ZERODUR(R): a review of a decade of evaluations, Authored by Schott Germany. Then, ZERODUR 4-m blank surviving up to 20 g acceleration, Authored by Schott Germany. And then, Review of space radiation interaction with ZERODUR, Co Authored by Schott Germany. .......I know you will probably be there. If they have any cool posters of Otto maybe you could pick me up one.

Why don't you go yourself, Phillip? I am sure you will enjoy it. If you've read, understood and absorbed everything on Schott website, I am sure you will be right at home.

Looks like 'Weed City' pimps Schott glass for their line of specialty bongs:
997.jpg

just sayin'...

As a (add qualification here), this thread is sad. I would like to put in a formal requisition to get the minutes of my life back that I wasted on it. Also, as a Seattle resident I would like to point out that we use Schott glass almost exclusively in our bongs and drug related paraphernalia... I don't know anyone that would choose a lesser glass. It's the best glass hands down! If it's good enough for IOR and NASA it's good enough to (some snide remark about drugs).

Reactions: gozoogle
As a (add qualification here), this thread is sad. I would like to put in a formal requisition to get the minutes of my life back that I wasted on it. Also, as a Seattle resident I would like to point out that we use Schott glass almost exclusively in our bongs and drug related paraphernalia... I don't know anyone that would choose a lesser glass. It's the best glass hands down! If it's good enough for IOR and NASA it's good enough to (some snide remark about drugs).

It is my fault and I apologize. I should have ignored Phillip and moved on, but the OCD part of me took over and tried to combat the bullcrap.

Getting back on topic: Tangent Theta makes absolutely superb riflescopes that are both well designed and well supported. The guy who runs the show there (Andrew Webber) is a very skilled shooter himself and I suspect that the scopes are designed in a way that he finds reasonable. I think he took the very first TT315M to the Bisley competition in England a couple of years ago and done quite well with it. I suspect the turrets are the way they are because he dials everything, both wind and elevation.

On the connection between Tangent Theta and Armament: Armament is the sole distributor, but the two are set up as separate companies. Andrew Webber, to the best of my knowledge, owns both companies, but they are separate companies. When Tangent Theta started out, he stopped working at Armament and dedicates the bulk of his time to Tangent Theta.

ILya

I really like what Tangent Theta has done with their turrets, and I'm looking forward to owning a TT525P with one of their new reticle options. I got a chance to look through a TT525P at a match in eastern Washington, and it was very nice.

Ilya, ignoring idiots is truly the only way you can operate on forums. They have no qualifications, no intelligence, and no life. So ignore them like the ignorant parasites they are.

Instead, talk about the things that matter. Things like, you can run an entire PRS competition without ever touching your parallax knob on a Tangent Theta if you so choose.

Here is a picture I took this last weekend of targets from 530yds to 1650yds. I dialed back to get all the targets in frame, but on max magnification(25X), I ran targets from 356yds to just inside a mile without ever touching the parallax knob. Completely parallax free the entire way through. The kind of time these scopes save competitors at events is astonishing, and it is one of the primary reasons so many competitors call us to buy these scopes. They aren't all this forgiving as it depends on your eyes and how you have the diopter setup, but Tangent Theta's are the most precise and forgiving rifle scopes money can buy. For that reason, they are the only rifle scopes we stock and sell.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/DAu7oGXh.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Real shooters don't care what things are made of. The only thing real shooters care about is whether things work as advertised and stay working as advertised. The lenses in TT's could be made from highly compressed transparent cow shit for all I care. The fact is, these scopes work better than ANY other on the market.

Ilya, ignoring idiots is truly the only way you can operate on forums. They have no qualifications, no intelligence, and no life. So ignore them like the ignorant parasites they are.

Instead, talk about the things that matter. Things like, you can run an entire PRS competition without ever touching your parallax knob on a Tangent Theta if you so choose.

Here is a picture I took this last weekend of targets from 530yds to 1650yds. I dialed back to get all the targets in frame, but on max magnification(25X), I ran targets from 356yds to just inside a mile without ever touching the parallax knob. Completely parallax free the entire way through. The kind of time these scopes save competitors at events is astonishing, and it is one of the primary reasons so many competitors call us to buy these scopes. They aren't all this forgiving as it depends on your eyes and how you have the diopter setup, but Tangent Theta's are the most precise and forgiving rifle scopes money can buy. For that reason, they are the only rifle scopes we stock and sell.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/DAu7oGXh.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Real shooters don't care what things are made of. The only thing real shooters care about is whether things work as advertised and stay working as advertised. The lenses in TT's could be made from highly compressed transparent cow shit for all I care. The fact is, these scopes work better than ANY other on the market.

Great point and a component of the scope that I realized only after taking it out on the range. The Parallax is extremely easy. To the point of basically being able to set it and forget it. I basically set it close to Infinity and the picture is sharp from 200 yards onward.

I really like what Tangent Theta has done with their turrets, and I'm looking forward to owning a TT525P with one of their new reticle options. I got a chance to look through a TT525P at a match in eastern Washington, and it was very nice.

New reticle options?!

See, I had taken you off my sig line. You was off not even one full day and you start calling names again. So your back on it.

I'm not aware of any new reticle options in TT's.

I do not think any new reticles are out, but I am sure they are coming. I am pretty happy with that they have though. If the thick bars on the Gen 2XR in the 3-15x50 were a little thicker, I'd be happier, but aside from that I have nothing to nitpick on.

ILya

See, I had taken you off my sig line. You was off not even one full day and you start calling names again. So your back on it.

And I didn't think my day could get any more enjoyable until I saw my name on your sig line, along with Orkan and HK Dave. Boy was I wrong! Awesome!! Now I can have a beer and relax.

I'm not aware of any new reticle options in TT's.

I'm not aware of any new reticle options either. That's essentially the point I wanted to make. That's why I don't own a TT yet. I like the features and reticle in the Kahles, so I bought one of those. And I like the reticle and the little clicky knob on the top of the nightforce beast, so I bought one of those too. As soon as TT offers a reticle that I like I'll snap one up. But until then I'll just suffer though...

I got all excited when he wrote about new reticles. Ah well. I'm willing to wait. Until then, there's so much beautiful glass to play with. :)