• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta H-Series

Any word on this H version? Been patiently waiting for well over a year since the rumors started. Just checking to see if anyone had any further info on this. If it wasn’t at shot show I’m guessing it’ll be another year.
See @koshkin’s post just two above yours. It answers your question.
It is coming. They are down to one last hurdle to deal with, so it shouldn't be too long.

Ilya

Copy. Sorry to pester.
As an aside I just found your Youtube reviews. They're excellent, you should perhaps put up a thread about them so they get more awareness?

Thank you.

I should generally do some sort of a "recent developments" post while I am at it. I am planning to do more videos as I go along. Figuring out sound has been a bitch, but I think a couple of lapel microphones I got give me the best results so far.

Another new thing is that Guns & Ammo reached out and asked me to write a couple of pieces for their special edition magazines. The first one is already out at the newsstands and online: https://www.osgnewsstand.com/product/red-dot-2019

I am working on a couple more for the upcoming editions as well. This has sorta been a different experience, since I am not used to having a word budget. Another interesting thing is that they are not really limiting me in what I can say aside from not using bad language. This has not been the case when I talked to some print media people a decade or so ago (admittedly no the people I am talking to now). Effectively, the way it works with G&A at the moment is pretty simple: we get on the phone, agree on a topic, they give me a deadline and a word budget, then I go off and write it. I kinda like it and, so far, their editing has been extremely light handed. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

ILya

Thank you.

I should generally do some sort of a "recent developments" post while I am at it. I am planning to do more videos as I go along. Figuring out sound has been a bitch, but I think a couple of lapel microphones I got give me the best results so far.

Another new thing is that Guns & Ammo reached out and asked me to write a couple of pieces for their special edition magazines. The first one is already out at the newsstands and online: https://www.osgnewsstand.com/product/red-dot-2019

I am working on a couple more for the upcoming editions as well. This has sorta been a different experience, since I am not used to having a word budget. Another interesting thing is that they are not really limiting me in what I can say aside from not using bad language. This has not been the case when I talked to some print media people a decade or so ago (admittedly no the people I am talking to now). Effectively, the way it works with G&A at the moment is pretty simple: we get on the phone, agree on a topic, they give me a deadline and a word budget, then I go off and write it. I kinda like it and, so far, their editing has been extremely light handed. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

ILya
I think this is fantastic news ILya, I've always enjoyed reading your reviews and while red dots aren't my favorite type of scope I do like them for their purpose. I just ordered the magazine copy and look forward to getting it. On the TT Hunter front, any chance this is going to be mil/mil and will they eventually offer the Gen 3XR reticle in it? Since the TT315M doesn't have the Gen 3XR yet I'm assuming the Hunter certainly won't, but I can hope.

I think this is fantastic news ILya, I've always enjoyed reading your reviews and while red dots aren't my favorite type of scope I do like them for their purpose. I just ordered the magazine copy and look forward to getting it. On the TT Hunter front, any chance this is going to be mil/mil and will they eventually offer the Gen 3XR reticle in it? Since the TT315M doesn't have the Gen 3XR yet I'm assuming the Hunter certainly won't, but I can hope.

Thanks, Bill.

I doubt they will put Gen3 XR into the Hunter scope, but I would not be surprised if they add reticle and turret options as they go along. At first it will come out with the reticle they originally announced.

There is also a RImfire mag with my article on it that's on the newsstands and there are a few more coming:

ILya

Reactions: lash
Thanks, Bill.

I doubt they will put Gen3 XR into the Hunter scope, but I would not be surprised if they add reticle and turret options as they go along. At first it will come out with the reticle they originally announced.

There is also a RImfire mag with my article on it that's on the newsstands and there are a few more coming:

ILya

I'm waiting for your star in Hollywood ;) That's fantastic

Don't hold your breath. All this gunwriting stuff makes me effectively unemployable in California and mostly unemployable in most other places.

I better make this gun and optics thing work.

ILya
A sad but true statement there.

Don't hold your breath. All this gunwriting stuff makes me effectively unemployable in California and mostly unemployable in most other places.

I better make this gun and optics thing work.

ILya
Sad how the patriots have become the villains in our own country :mad:

Reactions: Squibbler
Are rets and turrets the only differences between H and M?

10-4 I was hoping to stick with tangent but the wait and uncertainty is going to push me to an nx8 I believe.

Thank you!