• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta scope broke today?

I've had a lot more than 30 fancy scopes pass through my hands from just about every manufacturer who has ever made one.

I have seen just about everything fail at one time or another.

All companies have service centers. There is a reason for that.

Now, conflating TT with PR is kinda preposterous, but we all know that. Dragging Orkan into it is even more preposterous. He can claim anything he wants, but he does not and never has worked for TT and never had any authority to speak for them. In terms of the build quality, TT is as good as anyone and better than most. I have been around the world of precision scopes for a little while now and have a pretty good idea of return rates and quality assurance practices of several manufacturers, though not all. TT does an exceptionally good job building their products.

Now, whenever you buy a product from a small company that is new to the market, you take a risk that the company might not be around for very long. It is a valid argument, but all established companies were new companies at some point. I am not too concerned about TT going anywhere, but if that is a major consideration for you, there are plenty of options in the market. There are companies that have been around for a long time consistently making food products. There are also companies that have been around for along time consistently making crap. Choose wisely.

ILya

I've had a lot more than 30 fancy scopes pass through my hands from just about every manufacturer who has ever made one.

Now, conflating TT with PR is kinda preposterous, but we all know that. Dragging Orkan into it is even more preposterous. He can claim anything he wants, but he does not and never has worked for TT and never had any authority to speak for them. In terms of the build quality, TT is as good as anyone and better than most. I have been around the world of precision scopes for a little while now and have a pretty good idea of return rates and quality assurance practices of several manufacturers, though not all. TT does an exceptionally good job building their products.

Now, whenever you buy a product from a small company that is new to the market, you take a risk that the company might not be around for very long. It is a valid argument, but all established companies were new companies at some point. I am not too concerned about TT going anywhere, but if that is a major consideration for you, there are plenty of options in the market. There are companies that have been around for a long time consistently making food products. There are also companies that have been around for along time consistently making crap. Choose wisely.

ILya

This is why I pay attention to Koshkin. Every post I've noticed from him tends to be direct, logical, and no particular animus. Excellent common sense points there.

Reactions: -Time- and seansmd
Amazing how vested some folks get in the purchase of an overpriced, under built, inanimate object. Makes them post ridiculous mimes that they would be embarrassed to show their families or coworkers.

You are welcome to your opinion just as I am mine.

Drive on.

Ridiculous mimes:

3C721161-E333-47EA-9A49-0FC2DBF7C4C7.jpeg

or did you mean memes:

B57168CC-09D9-4976-B9D9-7269FC51A558.jpeg

I suspect one of the above posters was trying to draw me into a trap to be sued. That is why I just expressed my personal opinion, which I am free to do. I did not cite facts, which I have. Readers can re read and judge for themselves.
Read. A lot of personal in your statements against TT.

I have had a huge number of NF and S&B scopes. The only one needing repair was assembled by PR. USMC CONTRACT SCOPE.
Went back to Germany and was corrected.
My first brand new NF ATACR came faulty.

Be careful saying stuff like that on here about Nightforce......... I already see the pitchforks coming. ?

You may be correct. I grossly underestimated
how buyers would defend the purchases.

I have never felt the need to defend mine but that is apparently not the norm. I have bought many items of various values and then publicly criticized the produce or my decision.

If I bought a new scope and it was clearly faulty I would expect it to be fixed the first time I sent it in and hopefully quickly. If it happened to me or folks I know more than once I would look elsewhere.

Read. A lot of personal in your statements against TT.

You misread. Nothing personal at all. My experiences with TT/PR and what I have seen posted by others is not positive. I’m surprised others will lay down their cash for a product with that company history.

It is clear that this is done by mentally divorcing the negative elements. PR, Orkan, parts falling off, using the wrong glue etc.

I don’t see it that way. I do recall many threads about orphan PR scopes. Folks who spent a lot of money with no option to repair. They were distraught of course. I also recall a friend getting back several top end scopes from PR ruined while in for reticule changes. He was out many thousands of dollars. Scopes were not repairable.

I do recall the antics of Orkan and TT did not pull his dealership that I know of.

If you all want to purchase TT scopes it’s fine with me. I will wait for the next orphan scope thread flurry. I could be wrong but history indicates otherwise.

BTW, I purchased another S&B Ultra Short yesterday. I am sure it will arrive in excellent working order. Nothing will fall off, no bad glue, no failure to focus.

Good luck with your optics purchases.

Damn.....I haven’t even looked thru mine yet. Just took it out of the box and mounted it. I may need to move on over to the PX section and off-load this turd.

• Haha
Reactions: arob

ILya

TT is still king of scopes in my opinion.
ILya been around scopes and optics for a while as he said "choose wisely".

Reactions: nn8734
Yea they all break sooner or later. Just send it back for repair or replacement...no big deal, really.

I’m sure the OP will be taken care of and post an update when he gets it back.

Reactions: LakuNoc
And rth1800 continues to conflate Tangent Theta and Premier Reticles. If that’s not willful obstinance, I don’t know what is.

I remember years ago on 24hcf there was a poster named Eremicus. That was a very special case and the term that somehow ended u p getting stuck to his particular brand of inability to comprehend written word was "persistent aggressive ignorance".

I wonder if it applies here as well.

ILya

Reactions: chrome
I have no experience of these TTs. They sound like good scopes! Would you think one will hold on the top of my airsoft Ak47? It does have some recoil to it.

I suspect I have been around the gun and shooting world longer than most if not all of you.

I see the signs of a company that has a decent chance of failing.

One thing I know for sure is that if/when TT fails none of you will be back here admitting you were wrong.

When a large company goes under a cottage industry pops up and services The existing product line.

When a small company goes under produce line goes unserviced, trades increasingly cheaply on sites likes this and then collects dust.

I have been wrong about companies before. USO is still hanging on. I have been correct about many more. Both large and small.

I have no vested interest in their success or failure. I have seen countless companies come and go. TT is checking all the boxes.

Last edited:
I suspect I have been around the gun and shooting world longer than most if not all of you.

One thing I know for sure is that if/when TT fails none of you will be back here admitting you were wrong. When a large company goes under a cottage industry pops up at service existing product. When a small company goes under produce goes unserviced, trades increasingly cheaply on sites likes this and then collects dust.

I have been wrong about companies before. USO is still hanging on. I have been correct about many more. Both large and small.

I have no vested interest in their success or failure. I have seen countless companies come and go. TT is checking all the boxes.

source.gif

One thing I know for sure is that if/when TT fails none of you will be back here admitting you were wrong. When a large company goes under a cottage industry pops up at service existing product. When a small company goes under produce goes unserviced, trades increasingly cheaply on sites likes this and then collects dust.

you post a lot of opinion without any real evidence to back it up.
Why not list these signs of failing to add
some type of credibility to your posts?

One thing I know for sure is that if/when TT fails none of you will be back here admitting you were wrong.

When a large company goes under a cottage industry pops up and services The existing product line.

When a small company goes under produce line goes unserviced, trades increasingly cheaply on sites likes this and then collects dust.

what makes you think of that?
what are signs that company will fail?

You misread. Nothing personal at all. My experiences with TT/PR and what I have seen posted by others is not positive. I’m surprised others will lay down their cash for a product with that company history.

It is clear that this is done by mentally divorcing the negative elements. PR, Orkan, parts falling off, using the wrong glue etc.

I don’t see it that way. I do recall many threads about orphan PR scopes. Folks who spent a lot of money with no option to repair. They were distraught of course. I also recall a friend getting back several top end scopes from PR ruined while in for reticule changes. He was out many thousands of dollars. Scopes were not repairable.

I do recall the antics of Orkan and TT did not pull his dealership that I know of.

If you all want to purchase TT scopes it’s fine with me. I will wait for the next orphan scope thread flurry. I could be wrong but history indicates otherwise.

BTW, I purchased another S&B Ultra Short yesterday. I am sure it will arrive in excellent working order. Nothing will fall off, no bad glue, no failure to focus.

Good luck with your optics purchases.
Let us know if it will get parallax free. Socom recently sent back 18 of 36 due to parallax issues.

Please send us the source of this information.

Sure. Socom buyer, November 2018.

Consultant and buyer for Socom,
Sure. Socom buyer/consultant told us that in an accuracy first class. He was pissed about it and said he himself was a great fan of S&B. Also said they corrected the issue and sent them back.

Uhhhh.... parallax issues. Wouldn’t get, ya know, free of parallax. Are you trolling me?

Haha no, just wondering if it was calibration error, mechanical failure, knob binding, or something else.