• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta Updates: 3-15x50 Hunter et al

I like the all purpose reticle thickness.

I can deal with the 3.5 mil range windage sliders.

I'd love the verticals graduated to a minimum 5 mils, or at least a thin hash mark on the posts at 5-7 mils, so I don't need to release the elevation turret.

Still, this Hunter looks very usable.

Not certain how much of an advantage for multiple distance targets this would give me over my 3-12x56 Gen1 mildot, but sometimes we "want", rather than "need".

Last edited:
I think saying these are “out” is a stretch.
1588876847186.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DangerRanger
Where is that avaibility link from, Secant?

I'm liking the Gen2 mil reticle.

Just not sure if those are enough to be a clincher for an all-purpose rig.

I have no issues correcting my occasional 1/2 mil first misses with the Gen1 mildot.

Last edited:
Where is that avaibility link from, Secant?

I'm liking the Gen2 mil reticle.

Just not sure if those are enough to be a clincher over my 56mm obj Henny, for an all-purpose rig.

I have no issues correcting my occasional 1/2 mil first misses if this Hunter is all that.
Oh, you mean you actually want to visit the website, haha. I updated my above post.

Reactions: 300NIMP
Ah, LOL, understood. I was more interested in checking these out in person & buying over the counter.

Thx regardless.

Reactions: Secant
I checked with TT and these are trickling out and going out to dealers. Several Hide sponsors carry them, so check with Europtic, Cameraland, CS, etc.

ILya

Tried out a 315 (I don't know if it was an M or a P) with the XR reticle this morning, already mounted on my buddy's CTR.

Good day to try - overcast, blowing snow & sleet.

With some droplets on the obj lens, I did not find it as usable as regular mil dots, especially when swinging the rifle left or right keeping a dark haired head of beef in the scope. Illumination made it a bit better though.

I'm sure the Gen2 mildots would work better for me, but not sure how thick the reticle is.

I'd love a Hunter reticle with at least 5 mils worth of holdover & a non capped pull-to-release elevation turret.

Nice scope though, despite the XR not working well for me. Feels solid, clear, bright enough (couldn't make dawn but it was still overcast as heck) reasonably quick to get a sight picture while repeatedly shouldering & transitioning quickly from sitting to standing to kneeling & then resting the fore-end on a branch.

I like the reticle.
I like the windplex for hunting, dial for elevation and hold for wind. The mildot is close enough. I also like the design of the turrets. Being able to slide the rifle in and out of backpacks and scabbards is easier with the low profile knobs. Also they lock so there won't be any accidents when scrambling to get your rifle unsecured.