• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Target Dimensions Page

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    Hello,

I'd like announce that Shooting Voodoo has a new page up called Target Dimensions. This page is a direct result of a recommendation that was sent to me in an email by a fellow shooter. I'm always looking for new ideas and recommendation to improve the sight and this one looked good so I developed it further.

On this page you'll find target sizes for most of the steel targets from:

LV Steel Targets
    MGM Targets
    Big Dog Steel Targets
    LaRue Tactical
    Freedom Gunworks

You'll also find sizes for many common objects like:

Street signs
    Traffic signs
    Mailboxes
    Doors

There's also a weapons section with the sizes of some of the more common threat weapons such as the:

AK-47
    AK-74
    PKM
    RPG-7

The list will only get longer so check back often.

TM

Re: Target Dimensions Page

This is good stuff, with the addition of segmented reticles and first focal plane scopes the ability to get accurate range estimation has certainly improved. Remember it is important to try and have dimensions for height and width. If you are angle shooting the the perception of the size of a vertical measurement will be off a little depending on the angle. Having a good width to reference will allow you to get a better range estimation. If time permits it is always a good idea to measure both the height and width of a target or know object in the immediate area then average the two and you should be pretty darn close. Once again Shooting Voodoo is putting together quality information written in a clear concise manner for everyone to understand. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Danel

Thanks TM. I have a bunch of stuff written in my data book at work. I will see if I have anything that you do not and I'll send it to ya. Steve.

Thanks TM,great info for the data book!

Perhaps everyone could write in their favorite target for milling... That would save them some time.

Porch railing (Modern) Height 36"