• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target rounds not good for protection?

That's a good argument for why loading different kinds of bullets doesn't matter.

Speaking of the 80s, did anyone mention that since about 1989 there has been no such thing as a 'double tap'?

So techniques evolve but by an large, ammo stays the same. However since you want to cling to the latest fad, I'm sure you'll be on your way to Cabelas to buy a box of zombie ammo.
I've already given way too much insight to a couple troll posts

how bout a 460 with lead cast solids 350gr? all I know is if you get shot by one your in trouble. (I'm not trolling) Whats your opinion on the super short shotguns?

how bout a 460 with lead cast solids 350gr? all I know is if you get shot by one your in trouble. (I'm not trolling) Whats your opinion on the super short shotguns?

cast FP ammo is NOT FMJ, and has a different wound channel... ever notice how FP makes nice cut holes in paper?.. and FMJs dont?... same effect in soft tissue

flat nose configuration that causes substantial tissue disruption as it penetrates. This disruption is actually caused by the tissue being crushed by the wake of the projectile through the soft tissues and creates a permanent wound channel that doesn't close back after the bullet passes. The energy of the bullet can destroy muscle tissue, break bone and liquify organs such as the lungs. The hard-cast bullet uses the penetration of it's heavy weight

Target rounds not good for protection?

So techniques evolve but by an large, ammo stays the same.
That is not correct.

In the past twenty years ammunition has developed more, and faster, than have firearms.

Techniques do evolve, but they also devolve. On the whole, correct pistol technique has evolved. But any real change in tactics has taken place in both directions at the same time.

So, yes, send me all the Zombie ammo you don't want. It works on the same principles as does any other ammo.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with some of the earlier. Dont worry about the little things. Go shoot more. Shot placement is always key. You could have the super duper mac daddy blue light bought after 10 pm on the harvest moon in October baddest a$$ hollow point on the planet in your home defense platform (notice I refuse to say weapon) and it really wont amount to spit if you dont hit your target. Just shoot have fun and God forbid the time ever come when you have to actually be in the situation where it is a matter of you or ?....Your life will be changed for ever.

My .02
Bones