• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Target view at 100 yards engaged with sub 308

bamawrx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2010
Alabama
It was getting dark, but I thought we'd try to make the vid anyhow. Its a close up of a steel target. Once the person pressing record on the camera is in a pre-determined safe location, I engage the steel with a single shot with a suppressed 308. Round is subsonic hand load and suppressor is SASS Arbiter. As you can see from the video, any target at this range will have an interesting experience.

Skip to 15 sec to save some time. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE2_nXkSQzU&feature=plcp

Re: Target view at 100 yards engaged with sub 308

Always enjoy these. Thank you so much for uploading this.
If no one else makes one, when I get my new suppressors ill make videos for sound under the following conditions

Each condition shot w 3 subsonic and 3 supersonic
camera will always be near the target.

Outside 50yrds
Outside 100yrds
Outside 300yrds

------

Then camera outside while shooting Inside the house using a 22sparrow

With windows closed
With windows open
Both above conditions with loud music

-----

Shooting from inside the house out of a window at a target (rimfire and centerfire)
50yrds
100yrds

Should make for some neat data / reffrence
Any other ideas , suggestions are welcome, granted I still got a while to wait for the sparrow. Also I dont have the best video camera out there so if anyone else is able to film these id welcome the data

Update: ok so I talked with a local college that will let me borrow some high dollar video and sound equipment.
Btw san antonio residents can check out a very decent camera and equip set for free from the city's public access dept. #2102074000 . Sadly im not a san antonio resident. Anyhow youre not obligated to turn in any material, so just dont abuse it and your all set.
wink.gif

I added shooting out of a hunting blind to the list. I should be filming these aroind christmas. If anyone cares to beat me to it I welcome the extra data

Not sure what value you actually are getting out of all this.

All sub .308's are quiet, all subs have no flash, all subs do not reveal anything relevant about the performance of a given suppressor, fewer .308 subs group well at 100, fewer still don't make it out of the barrel. .Even fewer operators don't realize that the bullet never made it out and blow up their barrels (that would be worth a posting.)

Set up your target in broad daylight.
Post your reload data and conditions.
Post your target results.

You don't need to borrow anything, a cell camera will work fine as any recorded sound is just about useless.

Be safe, look forward to seeing how you group.

Lol very true..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. .Even fewer operators don't realize that bullet never made it out and blow up their barrels (that would be worth a posting.)
</div></div>

Shooting steel. Im sure the lack of a "ping"
Should be a good clue. I always check for impact, and for sqibs. Got in a real good habbit shooting agullia super colibri 22s
Thanks for the safety tip.
wink.gif

Half MOA at 100yards with supressed .308

dz Sinner .308... custom built PCP by Maurice Drummen shooting off a regulated compressed gas source 1080fps +-2ft/s. Pure lead 145 g seem to do the trick. Gun is multicaliber "custom" made for 100m benchrestshooting.

Price 4-5000USD depending on setup. Serious piece of gear. Lot´s of power, very accurate...Lot´s of quiet fun.

There are a couple of custom ones out there, but these are not cheap. Hate the wait. -custom gear.