• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TargetSportsUsa Prime Worth it?

If you shoot enough, then yes.

I order $100 worth of ammo every two weeks.

I havent been shooting that much lately, so I've developed a stock so that on any given day, I can go to the range and have fun without having to worry if I have enough ammo.

I do wish they sold trap loads for shotgun, but I can see how that would cause them to lose a lot of money on shipping.

Like MM said, it totally depends on how much/often you buy and shoot. I buy in case amounts 1-2 times a month when I order from Target sport so me for it's worth it. Stupid 9mm carbine is soooo damn fun to shoot :). Anyway, for me it's worth it because I buy often.

Yup, if you buy enough ammo the $95 pays for itself quickly when you dodge shipping costs especially on the heavy loads. Pick up a 1k round box of .45ACP....it weighs a lot!

i didn't do prime. i almost always buy in case qtys and they already have good pricing and free shipping for those. but sometimes they're not the lowest (i always check on ammoseek) so i'm not tied in.

i didn't do prime. i almost always buy in case qtys and they already have good pricing and free shipping for those. but sometimes they're not the lowest (i always check on ammoseek) so i'm not tied in.
Yeah I’m still thinking about it cuz I buy the 200ct for 159 which isn’t bad at all.. is ammoseek user friendly? Only been on there a few times

yes ammoseek is great. change caliber, bullet weight, manufacturer, etc and it gives you pricing from most all sellers. but you def have to look at freight before you buy because some companies have great pricing but then screw you with freight. targetsportsusa does win most of the time (ammo + free ship in case qty's) but not always. not sure if palmettostatearmory shows up on ammoseek so i generally check there also.

For most of my shooting needs the prime membership works great for me. Occasionally there are other vendors that are lower priced on the calibers I shoot but most of the time I get the best pricing from TargetSports. I have had the membership for less than a year and have placed enough orders that have made up for the cost with the shipping savings.

I think its worth it. I dont feel shy ordering small amounts of ammo knowing that shipping is taken care of. If I want to test out various brands of match ammo for a new caliber then I can. I dont have to commit to buying an entire case for free shipping.

Reactions: Crang
Ammoseek is the best tool out there but I hear Prime is great. I hear that but no one ever ponies up actuals.

I buy 200-300 rounds per month. Usually a mix of American Gunner 6.5 creed and either Hornady or Federal GMM. I usually buy the American gunner from Target but nothing else as their prices don't compete with Vizards or SG Ammo. I just bought FGMM from Vizards and saved $2.50 per box over standard prices at Target Sports.

So what would Prime lower the price to?

Ammoseek is the best tool out there but I hear Prime is great. I hear that but no one ever ponies up actuals.

I buy 200-300 rounds per month. Usually a mix of American Gunner 6.5 creed and either Hornady or Federal GMM. I usually buy the American gunner from Target but nothing else as their prices don't compete with Vizards or SG Ammo. I just bought FGMM from Vizards and saved $2.50 per box over standard prices at Target Sports.

Just placed an order. Prime prices for 168 FGMM $16.55/20 and American gunner 6.5 Creed 140 $45.99/50 rounds

Thanks for that.

The Prime price for FGMM is pretty good but the AG 6.5 Creed is weird. You can get the bulk version for $160/200 rounds. That is $40/50...does Prime have a better price for the bulk version.

Thanks for that.

The Prime price for FGMM is pretty good but the AG 6.5 Creed is weird. You can get the bulk version for $160/200 rounds. That is $40/50...does Prime have a better price for the bulk version.

$147.15/200

It's a flat 8% off the listed price and free shipping regardless. Want to test 10 different brands of 22? Knock yourself out. If you're only buying cases you're probably not missing out shopping ammo seek and picking between TSU/SG/Vizards/etc. on a case by case basis from a pure price standpoint. However, if you're shopping even a few single boxes here and there for hunting or self defense ammo throughout the year it's nice knowing you can have those boxes in the mail for 8% off and free shipping too.

I've also found that their case prices are generally within a couple bucks of anything I'd get shopping between umpteen different places on ammo seek so it also became a matter of convenience as I no longer had to dick around with places that would list super low and then tack on a $35 shipping fee that would completely negate the lower price point.

It's a flat 8% off the listed price and free shipping regardless. Want to test 10 different brands of 22? Knock yourself out. If you're only buying cases you're probably not missing out shopping ammo seek and picking between TSU/SG/Vizards/etc. on a case by case basis from a pure price standpoint. However, if you're shopping even a few single boxes here and there for hunting or self defense ammo throughout the year it's nice knowing you can have those boxes in the mail for 8% off and free shipping too.

I've also found that their case prices are generally within a couple bucks of anything I'd get shopping between umpteen different places on ammo seek so it also became a matter of convenience as I no longer had to dick around with places that would list super low and then tack on a $35 shipping fee that would completely negate the lower price point.

This is good to know. I shoot a lot of rimfire and the ability to buy a few boxes of different stuff at a discount with no shipping would pay for the membership....maybe. The interesting thing is the radical price differences between companies. Federal GMM 130 grain 6.5 Creedmoor is up to $3.50/box different depending on where you go. Target Sports is one of the most expensive for this ammo and even with free shipping, it may be more expensive than either SG or Vizards.

just fyi, i bought a dozen different boxes of 300wsm to try out, about half from grabagun and half from wholesale hunter. both had low or flat rate shipping to the tune of $13-20 per shipment. i guess if you're always buying a box here and there, tsu prime would make sense at $95, but if you're just doing it a few times a year, may not be worth it. also, in this case, tsu didn't have any of the ammo i wanted to try.

The prime for me was worth it. saved over $95 on my first order with it. Just like everyone one else says depends on how much you plan on buying

Reactions: CancerWarrior87
I know this is an old thread..... does the 8% apply to cases too? and free shipping. looks like a worthy investment when shooting 2500 rounds of 6 creed and 2500 223 in a trainer

I know this is an old thread..... does the 8% apply to cases too? and free shipping. looks like a worthy investment when shooting 2500 rounds of 6 creed and 2500 223 in a trainer

Yes To 8% and yes to free ship, but the cases already ship free. If they stock the shit you buy cases of, after spending $1200 you’re ahead on the membership fee. If you buy a bunch of sub case amounts throughout the year, or some combination of cases and sub case amounts, then you’re ahead a lot sooner.

Yes To 8% and yes to free ship, but the cases already ship free. If they stock the shit you buy cases of, after spending $1200 you’re ahead on the membership fee. If you buy a bunch of sub case amounts throughout the year, or some combination of cases and sub case amounts, then you’re ahead a lot sooner.
Exactly what I’m looking for. Thank u very much

i'm somewhat disappointed they don't spell out the savings, at least that i can find, on their website.

i ended up paying for brownell's version of prime given they mostly stopped providing free shipping on their sales, but now they've pretty much stopped their sales...

i'm somewhat disappointed they don't spell out the savings, at least that i can find, on their website.

i ended up paying for brownell's version of prime given they mostly stopped providing free shipping on their sales, but now they've pretty much stopped their sales...
I use to buy all my ammo from them bc of 10% off and free shipping. Those days seem long gone

I use to buy all my ammo from them bc of 10% off and free shipping. Those days seem long gone

Although not as common as it was previously, Brownell's still have active discount codes. Just the other eweek I used one for $20 off of $150 to purchase a case of 9mm S&B. That amount covered 3/4 of the shipping & sales theft.

anycodes.com typically has the most current ones.

VDF = $10 off $99 + FREE shipping
XAB = FREE Shipping on orders over $75

SAE = $15 off orders of $150

Reactions: southerngolfer
TS prime has treated me really well when I'm doing a lot of shooting (as other guys have said). Great prices on federal GMM for my 308 before handloading. It was really helpful for trying out new brands and only buying a box at a time but still getting the free shipping. My only complaint is that they don't always carry what I'm looking for. Not a lot in the shotgun ammo department. Overall, it saved me money

So far I'm good with prime membership.
If they are out of the particular item you are in the market for, Just hit the notify button when it's available order it.
Just keep enough supply on hand too last incase of some run on your item.
Like AJ. Said buy more.

I've had TargetSports Prime, and definitely pays off when buying bulk 9mm. Pricing on Hornady Match is pretty good, at usually $1.15/round.

In the cases where they haven't had what I'm looking for in stock (e.g. Hornady American Gunner, Federal GMM), Grabagun.com is also really good. Great pricing, flat shipping rates at only $12.99 (if not free), and no subscription fee.

I've had TargetSports Prime, and definitely pays off when buying bulk 9mm. Pricing on Hornady Match is pretty good, at usually $1.15/round.

In the cases where they haven't had what I'm looking for in stock (e.g. Hornady American Gunner, Federal GMM), Grabagun.com is also really good. Great pricing, flat shipping rates at only $12.99 (if not free), and no subscription fee.
Last time I ordered from Grabagun, I was charged tax so that killed my price per round. But yes, the normally have the best price and easy calculated $12.99 shipping.

I’m always look at AmmoSeek before ordering. Last 2 years it was brownells on my creed Hornady ammo with 10% and free shipping when it was “on sale”. This year, I ordered from my smiths distributor but it was still a little high so I’m always just looking for alternatives. I think prime membership is the way to go right now and it should pay itself off after my first order of 1000 rounds of creed

I couldn't get anybody to answer the phone and I'm not seeing it on their website.... you all have told me the membership is 8% off and free shipping, but if I bought the membership today, is it good til the end of the year or for entire 365 days and would expire 5/29/21?
thanks again

I couldn't get anybody to answer the phone and I'm not seeing it on their website.... you all have told me the membership is 8% off and free shipping, but if I bought the membership today, is it good til the end of the year or for entire 365 days and would expire 5/29/21?
thanks again

Prime membership is good for 365 days from date of purchase. Email contact generally works better for them, and has been prompt the few times I’ve needed it.

Reactions: southerngolfer
Prime membership is good for 365 days from date of purchase. Email contact generally works better for them, and has been prompt the few times I’ve needed it.
perfect thank you sir and noted. I'll give them an email next time.

Target Sports is my go to and the prime membership has paid off. Some times thier shipping or rather processing can be slow. They did have a 3 week delay a few weeks ago right on the website. I think they have taken it down now.
If they are out of stock they do well with the notifications as far as I can tell. I think they still do a gift box of ammo your first year and it's based off of your orders. They sent me a gift wrapped box of FGMM (20rds).

They still have the balls to ship to NY (FUAC) and I hand load now so I haven't bought from them in over a year. I let my Prime auto renew so they can keep putting thorns in Cuomo's tiny pecker.

I gave up on Sgammo and went with Target sports, I have never looked back.
It's nice to.try a box of ammo without getting hit by shipping