• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tavor scalping has begun

Like some others have said here, I see free market principles in play. I saw a vendor offer a Tavor for $3000 at a recent gun show. I saw it sitting there shortly after the show opened on a Friday and saw it still there shortly before the show ended on Sunday evening. I think the price he was asking was ridiculous; apparently so did everyone else who saw it since no one bought it. I don't have anything against the vendor. I'm not mad at him for asking $1,000 more than its normal retail price. He wanted to see if the buyers in the market were willing to spend that much. They weren't. The only person who "lost" is the vendor, since he didn't make a sale.

Had someone paid him that much for the Tavor, well, I guess it was worth it to them--and it would have meant that the vendor in fact was asking market value for it.