• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tavor trigger: status of market?

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
As title suggests, where do we stand with tavor aftermarket triggers?

As I understand it, the Timney's had soft primer strike issues. Has this been solved?

Geissele has yet to release theirs. Any word on when this is coming out?

The tav-d has been solid, but impossible to find in stock. Any leads on where to find these?

Thanks!

According to the website the tav-d is expected to ship out Oct 1st.

Watch MAC (military arms channel) review on both the Timney and tav d. I wouldn't buy the Timney but the tav d looks solid.

The Shooting Sight TavD trigger is AmaZing! Probably won't be able to get one before October, if then. They are selling like Mustangs. Mine dropped right in, my scale is showing 4.5 lbs. and very nice, it went in so easy, that I forgot to check the factory trigger. I reinstalled the factory, tested pull weight several times, pulled it and reinstalled the Shooting Sight and tested it's pull weight. Whole project took about 5 minutes, really is an easy design, anyway, Shooting Sight.com is where to look, and I believe MAC has a review out that has really set the demand on fire. Good luck.

+1 on the ShootingSight trigger. It's an excellent 2 stage trigger and is well worth the money IMHO. Runs fine with or without a suppressor and has an excellent trigger pull.

What's the rest like? 4.5lbs for a semi auto bullpup is great if the trigger will last. Any idea on what type of metallurgy Shooting Sight is doing?

Just pulled this from their site:

Features:

· 2-stage, giving a predictable glass like break.

· 3lb first stage, 5lb total pull

· Machined from heat treated plate tool steel, for superior metal grain structure.

· Housing CNC machined from billet aluminum and Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized.

· Ultra hard / low friction surface coating allows lube free operation in dirty / tactical environments.

· Polished and honed sear surfaces for butter-smooth pull.

· Drop in trigger pack is fully assembled.

No modifications needed. USA sales only.

What's the rest like? 4.5lbs for a semi auto bullpup is great if the trigger will last. Any idea on what type of metallurgy Shooting Sight is doing?

Just pulled this from their site:

His metallurgy is top of the line.
The designer / manufacturer ( Art Neergaard ) is also an engineer and besides optimizing the geometry he is using the best tool steels , machining and surface coating available to produce his products.
He also has a trigger for the SIG 556 and some things in the works for the M14 / M1A platform all with the same attention to detail.

http://shop.shootingsight.com/

Last edited: