• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tax Stamp Time

javy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Can anyone give a real time for a tax stamp to be processed these days.

Thanks, Javy

I just purchased a HK45 and suppressor yesterday, I was told it will take six months from the day the check clears the bank. I'm here in Houston. They told me there is only one person for Texas providing the stamp.

Talked to a guy at the local shop. He just got his paperwork back and it took 4 months. Sometimes its hit and miss. I had a buddy get one done a few years ago and it took 1 month.

NOW, with the Sequestration..............................

Last year it took 6+ months on three different stamps. Figure on fogetting about for 6 months, if it comes in 5 months and 29 days feel lucky

i sent a form 1 out in january for an sbr(check cashed within 2wks). friday paid for and sent out a form 4 for a sparrow silencer. heck with the wait, i am gonna do a tax stamp every other month. that way it's gonna be like xmas when shit starts clearing and stamps show up. already thinking about buyind a YHM .30 cal titanium phantom suppressor just because.lol

NfAtracker.com it all depends on your state. They just hired a bunch of new people and they are still in training. It should shorten the time by quite a bit when they are done with the training, unless sandy hook caused a surplus of NfA orders. I sent 3 in on jan 22 and I'm not expecting anything for at least 4 more months. If these wait times were weeks instead of months I'm sure I'd have a crapload of NfA.

Im waitin on some suppressors i bought as a dealer and form 3's are even taking longer normally 3 weeks im going on 6 weeks now on some of them

It was around 5.5 months for me to get an error letter (I gave them single sided rather then double sided forms) I got it all fixed and back to them within a week and it just went to the examiner they said I should have the stamp within 30 days so around 6 months seems like the wait if you got it in in october. No telling how many orders have gone in since then.

I was told for Washington it will be around six months. Two different dealers said same thing!

Yep, I just talked to a real nice lady at NFA yesterday. She told me my two went "pending" in February (about a month after sending in) so I should expect no earlier than August.

The Form 1 for my SBR last year was mailed 5/14/12, check cashed 5/22, went pending 6/20, was approved 11/8 and was in my hands 11/13. I'm about to mail off a Form 4 today. My guess is 6 months.

There's no rhyme or reason to it. I sent two sbr's off almost two months apart, checks cleared almost two months apart and then went pending the same day. I also received both form 4's on the same day. So, 6.5 and 8 months for those two. However the one that was sent in between those two came in before both of them. That one took right at 5 months. It's just the luck of the draw.

I had two cans pending, two months apart and one cleared last week at 5 months 3 weeks. Next one is due in June so we will see how consistent they are running these days.