• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 30BAS vs 223P-1

InTheHills

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2004
OCONUS
I am trying to put together an order for the TBAC GB and the total cost is adding up FAST. Does anyone has any experience with the new 30BAS on a 223? I am mostly concerned with accuracy and sound from a 223 using the 30BAS verses the 223P-1. My thought is that I might be able to use the 30BAS with the 300 AAC and the 223 trainer thus saving the cost of a 223P-1.

Thanks

JP

JP, I don't have experience with the TBAC cans, but a couple of my .30 cans seem to work just as well as my .223 can on a .223. I cannot tell a difference at all actually. Others will say otherwise. I suggest finding somebody locally with some cans and test them out. Most everyone is more than happy to go shooting and show off their stuff. Post what you find out.

I'm guessing there's only one or two on here with"experience" with the bas, and ones name is Zak. They haven't been out long enough to even clear a form 3 these days.

As for the concept, I run a 30ba on an AR and can't tell the difference between it and the 223p1, the larger bore diameter is made up for by added volume.

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

We'll shoot that back to back and come back with some results.

My gut feeling is that the 30BAS will be very slightly louder than a 223P-1 on a .223, since they are about the same size (but have internal differences)

I'm guessing there's only one or two on here with"experience" with the bas, and ones name is Zak. They haven't been out long enough to even clear a form 3 these days.

As for the concept, I run a 30ba on an AR and can't tell the difference between it and the 223p1, the larger bore diameter is made up for by added volume.

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk
That's not true. Mine went from TBAC --> Colonial Armory then to my dealer. I sent the form 4's off today.
I will report back with results next July ;)

We'll shoot that back to back and come back with some results.

My gut feeling is that the 30BAS will be very slightly louder than a 223P-1 on a .223, since they are about the same size (but have internal differences)

Zak,

I hate to bother you but time is running out to get that GB order in. Have you had a chance to try this out?

JP

This is great idea. I haven't thought of it yet. I'm planning on getting a 338ba to use with my 338 and 300 wsm. It will be used on any larger magnum like that in the future. Then use my 30 P1 for 308 - 243, and the 30 PS on my 300 blk or other future sbr's, and was going to get a 223P1 for my 223. This would save the cost of a can. Then again, it just takes so damn long to get one that I can't think of a more appropriate instance in which to apply the "buy once, cry once" mantra. Might just as well get while the gettin's good!