• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 338BA Mounting on MRAD Timing Issue?

Jmo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2014
Afghanistan/Kenya/ Auburn,AL
Got a quick question for the 338BA owners out there that might also be shooting the MRAD. I cannot get the 338BA break to time correctly on the barrel using the split washer that was provided per the instructions. Has anyone had this issue? Did it take more than one washer? I removed the Barrett break and split nut put the washer on and hand screwed the break on and it had already passed the correct timed position before I felt the resistance so if I had put the wrench on to fully tighten it up it would have been way past. I screwed the split nut from the original break back on and tried installing it this way as well to see if it made a difference and it was a little closer but still a decent bit past the correct position. Note these were all just hand tight I never put the wrench on to fully tighten it once I saw where it was landing hand tight.......and I can get it pretty snug without putting a wrench on it.

The pictures below are with the crush nut from the original break on the barrel unfortunately I forgot to take a picture the first time without the crush nut on there to give an idea of where it was landing. I am back in the sandbox again and wont be home for a while to give it another try. Just curious if anyone else had this issue with there's, I guess I could try ordering another split washer to see if there was a difference in the thickness from the one that came with the break.

TBAC.JPGTBAC2.JPGTBAC3.JPGTBAC4.JPGTBAC5.JPG

Same rifle, going to order that very brake and can so I'm curious myself. The last few muzzle devices I've installed I used the accu washer sets but they don't come in a 3/4" diameter. I'd stack two peel washers if you can't get it with one.

Yes it did(inadvertently called it a split washer up top, I meant the peel washer) but the way it is mounting up is telling me the washer isn't thick enough? Only thing I can figure that's why I asked to see if anyone else ran into the issue and if two washers were needed. Maybe mine was missing a few layers.