• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tbac 7 vs dead air nomad vs omega 30

Tyjack7227

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
I’m looking at getting a suppressor for use mainly on my prs gun, but also wanna use it on my 5.56 ar for plinking.

Is the precision of the tbac substantial enough to bypass the keymo mount on the other two?

I have an Omega, Harvester, and Ultra 7. I have a much tighter group with the Ultra 7 using the same rifle and ammo. YMMV..

Reactions: skierhs
I got the ultra 7 for precision work and a cheap, titanium, full auto 556 can for the noisy ar’s.

I didn’t want to put the ultra 7 through the torture I knew it would endure on my ar’s.

Reactions: Tyjack7227
If you want to use it on your AR and bolt gun, 110% the Nomad is the best option.

If you want to only use it on your bolt gun, the TBAC ekes out a win. But I'd consider bumping up to the Ultra 9.

The Omega is only a good idea if you want the absolutely shortest and lightest configuration possible with decent suppression (using Griffin's titanium brake and adaptor it is like 12oz QD and under 6in added).

Reactions: Tyjack7227
I just ordered a nomad for the same purpose you describe, bolt gun and some ar time. Plan to use the 419 adapter on it.

Nomad for sure. For AR use, the Nomad will have substantially less backpressure which will make it less harsh at the ejection port. I have never read a single report where a Dead Air can caused any accuracy issues, and I can attest to the accuracy achieved with my Sandman Ti.

Are you guys going direct thread on the TBACs?

I just ordered a nomad for the same purpose you describe, bolt gun and some ar time. Plan to use the 419 adapter on it.

I don't see any DeadAir stuff listed on Area419's page. Am I just missing it or do you select another can thats compatible with the Nomad?

I don't see any DeadAir stuff listed on Area419's page. Am I just missing it or do you select another can thats compatible with the Nomad?
The Nomad comes with a direct thread mount? Area 419 sells a direct thread suppressor mount.

I spoke to 419 and the nomad adapter works with the nomad on the hellfire system.

I run a tbac ultra 7 .30... i love it and with everything i use it on i dont have to wear earpro.. it gets run on an 8” 300blk with supers. A 28” barrel 30-06 that is a LR rig and a 16” 5.56 that gets a mix of hunting and mid range steel shooting. My guns shoot very accurately when im doing my part. I would agree with others that have said if you plan on fast strings of fire from a 5.56 or other auto then a tbac might not be the best can for you. They were not designed and built to handle a lot of heat from rapid fire..

I am new to the forum and also attempting to decide on a .30 cal can at the moment. I was stuck on the Omega but after some reading I feel like I should continue my research as it sounds like it is not the best option. I will also be using the can on a bolt gun from time to time but mainly on a AR for note hunting. I have recently read some less than stellar things regarding the ASR mount on the Omega, anyone care to share their view on the ASR?

I am new to the forum and also attempting to decide on a .30 cal can at the moment. I was stuck on the Omega but after some reading I feel like I should continue my research as it sounds like it is not the best option. I will also be using the can on a bolt gun from time to time but mainly on a AR for note hunting. I have recently read some less than stellar things regarding the ASR mount on the Omega, anyone care to share their view on the ASR?
ASR isn't the best but it's not horrible. It's at least a notch above the Trifecta mount.:ROFLMAO: But seriously though, you could still buy the Omega and sell the ASR mount and device then buy something else like Q plan B or Griffin plan A. I like taper mounts myself but do have an ASR mount as well. The reason why ASR gets a bad rep is because user error. The lock ring must be fully open when screwing the can on. What guys do is they get in a hurry and open the lock ring but grab the can by the body and some of their hand will be in contact with the lock ring as they're tightening the body. This closes the lock ring slightly and they think the can in bottomed out but it's not. Couple shots later the can flies downrange. With ASR you need to be mindful of what you're doing

CB mounts for both bolt and AR. 6.5 Ultra-7 on bolts and a dedicated 223 Ultra-7 for ARs and groundhog thumper.

The TBAC is a nice can, but I look at it as more of a speciality can. Since this is your first can, I would use versatility as a priority, as you will want to move it to different hosts. I have 14 cans, and will be building my own soon just for fun (and to avoid the long wait... form 4 times are LOOONG)

The Omega is a proven performer. Set the standard to beat. Versatile mounting system, can use direct thread or Plan B for your precision shooting and ASR or Plan B on other guns. I use both Plan B and ASR, and while ASR works fine, I prefer the Plan B. But there are more mount options on the market other than these two. I have 2 Omegas.

The Vox and Nomad are direct competitors to the Omega, and use the same thread pitch for the same mount compatibility. Too new in my opinion to make a solid judgment, but they look promising.

Either of these three, because of their ability to use a VARIETY of mounting systems, would easily be my choice.

The TBAC is a nice can, but I look at it as more of a speciality can. Since this is your first can, I would use versatility as a priority, as you will want to move it to different hosts. I have 14 cans, and will be building my own soon just for fun (and to avoid the long wait... form 4 times are LOOONG)

The Omega is a proven performer. Set the standard to beat. Versatile mounting system, can use direct thread or Plan B for your precision shooting and ASR or Plan B on other guns. I use both Plan B and ASR, and while ASR works fine, I prefer the Plan B. But there are more mount options on the market other than these two. I have 2 Omegas.

The Vox and Nomad are direct competitors to the Omega, and use the same thread pitch for the same mount compatibility. Too new in my opinion to make a solid judgment, but they look promising.

Either of these three, because of their ability to use a VARIETY of mounting systems, would easily be my choice.

Thanks for the input, 14 cans!!!! I know I am new to the quite can thing but I have to ask, what drives you to buy 14 suppressors? Other than the obvious answer... because they are awesome!