• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Magnus vs Dead Air Nomad LT Signature Suppression

overmatch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2023
USA
Curious if anyone has experience running either of these two cans under nods. Looking to see which one handles (6.5CM specifically) muzzle flash better. Will be running barrels on the shorter end (18" 6.5CM and 16" 308). Any datapoints are useful, thanks.

Reactions: Trent A
We had two photos on file shooting 300 PRC through the Magnus. 26" barrel if I remember correctly. One of them had zero signature visible (ie no spark / no flash) even when I cranked up the exposure using the raw image tool. Here is the second, I cranked up the exposure +3.5 and you can see one Ti spark and no flash. Flash is very much ammo and barrel length dependent. Ammo was Hornady 225gr ELDM.

P1000797.jpg

To scale, the length of the spark is about 3-5 inches in that exposure.

The noise in the photo is due to long exposure, high ISO, and increasing the exposure using the raw image tool and should give an idea how dim this is to start with

Reactions: jzerfoss
We had two photos on file shooting 300 PRC through the Magnus. 26" barrel if I remember correctly. One of them had zero signature visible (ie no spark / no flash) even when I cranked up the exposure using the raw image tool. Here is the second, I cranked up the exposure +3.5 and you can see one Ti spark and no flash. Flash is very much ammo and barrel length dependent. Ammo was Hornady 225gr ELDM.

The noise in the photo is due to long exposure, high ISO, and increasing the exposure using the raw image tool and should give an idea how dim this is to start with

ISO 3200
F-Stop 3.5
Exposure 2 seconds

View attachment 8189407

Thanks, Zak. Given your solid reputation, I took your first post reply at face value, but appreciate the validation with proof!