• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC SR Brake and Flash Hider Questions

supraguy88t

Long Range Enthusiast
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2019
TX
So I ordered at TBAC SR brake for my .308 barrel and I have been trying to figure out if TBAC SR Brakes are all the same with just a different threads to match different barrels or if they are actually bored for different calibers. Further more are there different revision of them since it seems like some have 4 small holes on the top of the brake but others don't. Is the SR Flash Hider available and Is it caliber specific or just one size fits all? Any third party companies coming out with a compatible muzzle device? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TBAC Brake1.jpg
    TBAC Brake1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 149
  • TBAC Brake2.jpg
    TBAC Brake2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 173
  • D465_5274_img.jpg
    D465_5274_img.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 201
  • D465_4901_img.jpg
    D465_4901_img.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 150
  • sra1.png
    sra1.png
    171 KB · Views: 169
I could very well be wrong, but my sr brake was literally one of the first off th line and has the holes - I'll bet that one pictured is upside down. I also believe they're all bored for a .338

Reactions: Hodbro
I could very well be wrong, but my sr brake was literally one of the first off th line and has the holes - I'll bet that one pictured is upside down. I also believe they're all bored for a .338
the first two pictures are of the one I received and it does not have the four ports

Attachments

• TBAC top.jpg
    TBAC top.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 105
  • TBAC bottom.jpg
    TBAC bottom.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 92
Where are y’all getting these mounts? I have a dominus k on order and want to find more sr mounts prior to my approval. Specifically flash hiders

TBAC has them, MHSA has them and Capital armory has also at least the Brakes but I haven’t seen the Flash hiders anywhere for sale. This is what lead me to see differences in the brakes but wasn’t sure if the changes are caliber specific or if there were revisions in the design.

Reactions: craigos
I got mine from capital armory with my suppressor but I’m still curious about the pics that show the little holes because mine does not have them

I got mine from capital armory with my suppressor but I’m still curious about the pics that show the little holes because mine does not have them

Call tbac... They will tell you they discontinued the ones with the holes. They also changed the flats on the back and it no longer is engraved with 338 cal....

oh wow you are right! they changed the flats on the back to only two sides from the six. Wonder if they could fill us in on why they design change. Wonder if the holes didnt make a difference and maybe the flats is just a cost to machine thing? Also has anyone purchased the flash hider or are those not out yet?

So there are two types of mounts just FYI for the SR --- there is the 338 SR mount has 6 flats and are the SR mount found on the ASR. They are avail in 6 thread pitches. Then there is the SR mount that has 2 flats avail in 8 thread pitches. From what i can see both the 338 SR and the SR mount has the same aperture (presumably .338). Both avail at MHSA.

So there are two types of mounts just FYI for the SR --- there is the 338 SR mount has 6 flats and are the SR mount found on the ASR. They are avail in 6 thread pitches. Then there is the SR mount that has 2 flats avail in 8 thread pitches. From what i can see both the 338 SR and the SR mount has the same aperture (presumably .338). Both avail at MHSA.
If you call tbac like I said they will tell you the sr mounts with holes are discontinued unless I was lied to...I imagine it was def a cost saving measure @TBACRAY care to clarify?

Last edited:
If you call tbac like I said they will tell you the asr mounts with holes are discontinued unless I was lied to...I imagine it was def a cost saving measure @TBACRAY care to clarify?
Glad i picked one up then when i did if thats the case. I bought a 6.5cm ASR colored barrel for my asr and the 338 SR MB matches what came with the other 3.

Glad i picked one up then when i did if thats the case. I bought a 6.5cm ASR colored barrel for my asr and the 338 SR MB matches what came with the other 3.

I have 8-9 I think and only shoot supressed so it literally makes 0 difference between the two.

Timing is a little easier because they don't care if they are up or down

First off, sorry for the delay. With the forum upgrade I've found it harder to get notified of relevant topics.

So there are two types of mounts just FYI for the SR --- there is the 338 SR mount has 6 flats and are the SR mount found on the ASR. They are avail in 6 thread pitches. Then there is the SR mount that has 2 flats avail in 8 thread pitches. From what i can see both the 338 SR and the SR mount has the same aperture (presumably .338).
Ah, no. Well, I guess it depends what "are" means.

Conceptually, there is one SR brake that has undergone several engineering changes over time.

The holes were dropped due to tooling and/or machine changes and no noticeable difference in performance. The multiple flats were dropped because there was literally no reason to have more than 2 and it saves time. (The flats take a 15/16 wrench.) Also, the flats on the 2-flat version will always be at 3 and 9 o'clock.

This wasn't a distinction between ASR vs. anything else. They were just normal engineering updates.

Personally I think the new one is a little cleaner visually.

Reminder: the narrower flat goes on the top. This rule is true with the BA's, the CB's, and the SR's.

There will be no SR FH's because it would derate the DOMINUS-SR from its fully-rated firing schedule.

Reactions: Huskydriver
First off, sorry for the delay. With the forum upgrade I've found it harder to get notified of relevant topics.

Conceptually, there is one SR brake that has undergone several engineering changes over time.

The holes were dropped due to tooling and/or machine changes and no noticeable difference in performance. The multiple flats were dropped because there was literally no reason to have more than 2 and it saves time. (The flats take a 15/16 wrench.) Also, the flats on the 2-flat version will always be at 3 and 9 o'clock.

This wasn't a distinction between ASR vs. anything else. They were just normal engineering updates.

Reminder: the narrower flat goes on the top. This rule is true with the BA's, the CB's, and the SR's.

There will be no SR FH's because it would derate the DOMINUS-SR from its fully-rated firing schedule.

Interesting didn't see that the Sr brake had a narrow side on the version without holes in top.

So if I have a switch barrel set up, and one of my barrels prefers to have the brake narrow side down to match the rest of my barrels poi, any issues if I never shoot unsuppressed? I would figure not

Interesting didn't see that the Sr brake had a narrow side on the version without holes in top.
Both versions have a narrow side and a wide side. The old version just also has holes in the top.

To the second question, it makes absolutely no difference if it's timed correctly if you shoot always suppressed. Heck, if your threads are spec, you can just screw it on without a peel washer if you don't care and never shoot unsuppressed.

I have a 338 SR that came in and need 3 maybe 4 more brakes anyone know of any in stock anywhere ? 5/8x24 and 3/4x24 threads.
Only shot about 40 rounds so far but love it ! It is very lightweight for its size and quite ;-)

So if I have a switch barrel set up, and one of my barrels prefers to have the brake narrow side down to match the rest of my barrels poi, any issues if I never shoot unsuppressed? I would figure not
Your suppressor will be upside down!

I’ll hang myself later for reviving a dead thread, but if there was enough interest in SR flash hider could it be done?

With the understanding of de-rating what I assume is the full auto capability?

• Haha