• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Ultra 7 CB Any coming in the near future?

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Looking for a unicorn. Hopefully someone from Thunderbeast can chime in and give some hope. Will there be more of these produced in the near future? Is there a way to order pre-production?

Call Mile High Shooting. If they don’t have them, call Thunderbeast directly.

Just picked one up from Altus, they had a couple. Look up their dealers and if it says e-mail you when back in stock provide your e-mail.
Only problem is if the dealer is far away you will have to pay a transfer fee on top of the stamp.

Gun broker has had some, if you have no issue paying the transfer fee. The prices have been MSRP.

Last edited:
I have seen a few online you just have to look around. Hit me up if you need help finding one in stock.

I got an Ultra 9 gen 2 from Altus last week. I believe they have an FDE Ultra 9 in 6.5 if you want it.

Not a 7, but chicks dig longer things

• Haha
Reactions: Aftermath
Looking for a unicorn. Hopefully someone from Thunderbeast can chime in and give some hope. Will there be more of these produced in the near future? Is there a way to order pre-production?
What do you mean order pre-production? You can order from TBAC directly and wait 6-8 months for it to be made and shipped to your FFL if that is what you mean. Should hopefully be getting my Dominus to my FFL late next month early June.

I scored one from Mile High a few weeks ago. It may be worth a call to them and see if they have any. These days it seems inventory is changing faster than retailers can update their websites.

Hi,
Just as background (and to repeat some of what is on the Availability page), we have everything in production all the time. It's just that, even with scaling up production (we do it all in house), our orders outpace our production rate and this results in a manufacturing backlog. We're still shipping orders every day, it's just the orders shipping today probably were submitted sometime around last June. The trick is matching up the dealers who are getting the next cans in line to the customers who want which can, today. The link posted earlier helps. If you shoot us an email with what you are looking for, we can also help.

Hi,
Just as background (and to repeat some of what is on the Availability page), we have everything in production all the time. It's just that, even with scaling up production (we do it all in house), our orders outpace our production rate and this results in a manufacturing backlog. We're still shipping orders every day, it's just the orders shipping today probably were submitted sometime around last June. The trick is matching up the dealers who are getting the next cans in line to the customers who want which can, today. The link posted earlier helps. If you shoot us an email with what you are looking for, we can also help.
Thanks Zak. I will shoot you an email.

You want a 6.5 or a 30? Tag Firearms has a handful of 6.5’s. 30’s are sold out.

We have a box of TBAC. Have not had a chance to get on the Website. I know we have rimfire, .338 and Ultra 9. Not sure about Ultra 7. If still looking, let me know. We have not listed the Gen 2 items yet, but have many. What I love about working the TBAC is that under-promise on delivery dates, and presto, stuff shows up. Every other dealer tells us January, and it comes in in July. TBAC told us May, 2021, and we got shipments in October, 2020 and January, 2021.

Reactions: Holliday
We have a box of TBAC. Have not had a chance to get on the Website. I know we have rimfire, .338 and Ultra 9. Not sure about Ultra 7. If still looking, let me know. We have not listed the Gen 2 items yet, but have many. What I love about working the TBAC is that under-promise on delivery dates, and presto, stuff shows up. Every other dealer tells us January, and it comes in in July. TBAC told us May, 2021, and we got shipments in October, 2020 and January, 2021.
Dominus-CB?

Just bought an Ultra 7 in 6.5 from Mile High. Great people to deal with and every transaction I have had with Mile High has been very satisfactory.

Look on TBAC site and they list Mile High and Silencer Shop as their two biggest customers. SS didn't have what I wanted and I'm fine with that as Mile High did and I do like doing business with them. Only looked at SS due to Form 4 kiosks but I have a lady here who is an FFL/SOT and walks customers thru the ATF process.

Question, I was going to get direct thread as its only for this one gun and I don't see myself shooting this gun without it (but I may be wrong...that happens often! haha). My thought was to eliminate as many mechanical interfaces as possible and avoid any issues of tolerance stacking or...whatever.

Mile High only had the CB version, said that 85% of what they sell is the CB version, and that they really don't see any issues with groups opening up due to the CB. So, that's what I bought.

Any experience, insight or views of CB vs direct thread?

Thanks

We recommend CB. Once you loctite the brake on your barrel (red, #272), then the connection between the brake and the can has more retention than a normal DT can would due to the taper.
Is that the main reason you guys recommend the CB over direct thread? Any other?

I have a 30p-1 DT and an ultra-7 CB, both .30cal. No noticeable difference with group size between the 2. Both shoot great. Personally I prefer the CB mount, but I do like having DT to use on multiple rifles without the added cost of multiple mounts.

I have a 30p-1 DT and an ultra-7 CB, both .30cal. No noticeable difference with group size between the 2. Both shoot great. Personally I prefer the CB mount, but I do like having DT to use on multiple rifles without the added cost of multiple mounts.
Do the sound the same? I was always curious if there was a difference. Nevermind. I see these are two different suppressors.

Honestly I can’t tell a difference bt the 2. My ears are always ringing and I lightly put foamies in anymore to keep the tinnitus from getting any worse. Wish I had a silencer 20yrs ago!

Is that the main reason you guys recommend the CB over direct thread? Any other?
It is the main reason. The other reasons are: brakes act as thread adapters; and, muzzle thread inconsistency (ie loose vs tight) won't cause a mounting issue with the can, assuming the brake goes on.

I found a Gen 1 Ultra 7 CB .30 and am going to buy it. I already have 1 CB brake and will be using the can between 2 rifles. The CB brakes work for Gen 1 and 2 from what I've been told. Hopefully the stamp won't take a crazy amount of time.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I kind of want a dominus CB. I’ve spent a solid $750 on brakes for my Ultra 9 CB for desert tech barrels and I’m not about to swap to direct thread. Only issue I ever had is with some alliant powders giving me a carbon weld to brake. Started using a little oil on the CB and that problem stopped. I will say that I’m using rocksett instead of loctite to attach brake to barrel bc I found my brake loosened up a couple of times after I shot strings.

all user errors to some extent, but something to be aware of if you go CB.

Also have a .22 Lr suppressor on my want list.

Reactions: minn_wild1
Well you all carry on.

I am a Senior Citizen and have a 30P1 and it has served me well through somewhere in the
neighborhood of 30K rounds. 308, 7wsm, 260rem, 300wm. Along with lending it to be
used by some of my shooting buddies. Having never let any of us down.

Thunder Beast is the Best.

JMHO

Best regards,

Chet

Reactions: 65x55guy