• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC ultra 9 problem

Cangus88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2017
Campbell, Mo
Hoping for some help here. I have an ultra 9 with a cb mount. After a couple days at the range I went to take it off and the mount come off with it. I cleaned the threads and re applied red lock tight. Let it cure and now I can’t seem to get them separated still. Any pointers? Thanks.

If you clean the rifle threads and the inside of the CB brake, re-apply red loctite, and then wait a day, it should come apart no problem.

If you can't get it, you can send it here and we can do it.

Reactions: Baron23
Hoping for some help here. I have an ultra 9 with a cb mount. After a couple days at the range I went to take it off and the mount come off with it. I cleaned the threads and re applied red lock tight. Let it cure and now I can’t seem to get them separated still. Any pointers? Thanks.
So everything is stuck to the gun now, or the cb came off with the can a second time?

I’ve had some of those brakes pretty tight but never not been able to remove one. Make sure your red loctite is set. When you originally tighten the can use one hand just about as tight as you can. Then when you remove it, hold the gun between the legs and use both hands to remove. That’s the way I do it and never had a problem.

I put a little antiseize on the mount to can threads, not sure if that's recommended or not but I do it.

Any reason the CB brake wasn't designed to have a wrench flat on the outside to mitigate this issue? I turned a couple 5/8x24 brakes into permanent 1/2x28 brakes by throwing an adapter with loctite in the brake so I could use it as a direct thread option on 1/2x28 guns and not worry about the brake being stuck in the can.