• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TC Encore muzzleloader issue

Bradu

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
IL
I am trying to help a friend out with his inline muzzleloader and ran into a problem. He has a Burris mount and rings on it with a Burris Fullfield scope and with the elevation maxxed out it was about 6" low at 75 yards. I thought maybe it was a defective scope so I brought it home tonight and installed my Leupold VX-II 3-9 on it so he could hunt with it next weekend. Turns out the Leupold doesn't have the travel of the Burris and that it isn't a scope issue. I measured the base and it is good so the only thing I can think of would be the bore isn't centered in the barrel. Does anyone else have any ideas? I doubt they make a canted base for an Encore or I would order one so I can get him ready to hunt with it.

Re: TC Encore muzzleloader issue

try burris signature rings with insert kit. Inserts in kit are 5 moa, 10 moa, or 20 moa so in one kit you can get up to 30 moa depending on your needs and can also help w/ windage. I got mine at midway but I'm sure other vendors have them.

Thanks, that looks like it will work. I'm going to talk to him and see if he wants to go this route and get the rings and inserts ordered.

I had a similar issue with my Omega and Talley mounts. I went with a +20 MOA mount from Farrell and the problem is solved.

I looked and looked and couldn't come up with a canted base for the encore. I already have the rings and inserts for the guy ordered otherwise I would order this, I feel like the rings and inserts are a half ass fix. Although the guy probably wouldn't want to spend the twice the money on the proper fix haha.

My google fu must have been off the other night, just found EGW makes one also. The only good thing is the rings will be here Tuesday so he can sight it in and be ready for the weekend.

You can trust the Burris rings and inserts. I have them on several rifles around here and they've never been a problem. I will admit, however, that the standard rings "look" a little better.

That’s an interesting problem with that Encore. I have one of those too but didn't have any problems sighting the scope in.