• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ted Nugent plead guilty to illegal bear hunt

Re: Ted Nugent plead guilty to illegal bear hunt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltgunluvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">amazing how many people won't debate him.</div></div>

Is there a forum for debating him?
I don't think he gets invited to many debates, mostly because he's irrelevant.
I'll give him credit for one thing though. He can spew pseudo-patriotic meaningless bullshit like there's no tomorrow.

Tucker, who do you like on our side? (I may have opened my self open here, as I don't know who's side you're on).

A wise person once told me,

"Both sides are lying to you, you might as well listen to what you want to hear."

I don't care for extremists on either side of anything.
I'm with most of the rest of the country and hang out around the middle.

Beck = Olberman
Hannity = Maddow
Sharpton = Limbaugh
Nugent = Brady Bunch

For all of them, and the NRA, the money is in the fight, not in the solution.

Yes, the best course of action is to listen to the one making money off your blind faith in his support of your "cause".
For people that talk all the time of proverbial "sheep" in society gun owners are often the most vocal and least aware of the games being played with politics.
Reagan and Bush were in office for the passage of two of the most limiting pieces of firearms legislation ever imposed on firearms owners.
I am not a big believer in Obama, Holder, Clinton, Communism etc... but Ted Nugent is an opportunistic, self serving windbag.

To address the analogy of hunting being akin to a police officer following you, it fits if you're driving a vehicle obviously meant for street racing. Ted Nugent gets extra scrutiny because he plays fast and loose with the rules, not because Obama has an axe to grind with him.

A really sad example of consumerism vs culture in the gun community?
SHOT Show, lines around the displays to get an autograph from Ted Nugent, draft dodger, all of the show.
John Plaster, a veteran, had a small crowd in attendance.

I know that neither Tucker or I will change anyone's convictions on the matter but I think that there is a lot more to gun ownership than voting right wing and following the herd.
Looking at the world through politically polarized glasses is not going to give you a clear image of the world.

ps I hope none of you bought any of Glenn Becks gold
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #CC0000">For all of them, and the NRA, the money is in the fight, not in the solution.</span> </div></div>

I'd be interested to know which Alaska governor signed that law to begin with.
I tried to find it, but Google is so full of Ted that nothing else comes up.

While I'm not really a big Ted fan, in fact I can only stand him in small doses.

That being said, he has done more for hunting, firearm ownership, and charity organizations than a single member on this board.

Good luck.

If you only count his positive influences, you are probably correct.
However, if you tally in the negatives, then the net is considerably lower, if not below zero.

Shit happens to everyone I just shot a Gemsbok 2 times this weekend and trailed it for one mile.
375 ruger by the way through the vitals!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you only count his positive influences, you are probably correct.
However, if you tally in the negatives, then the net is considerably lower, if not below zero. </div></div>

Depends on who is calling the ones negative.

And god knows this website is a Piller of truth.
http://meetthenra.org/board-list
This website is the property of the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence. It is in no way affiliated with the National Rifle Association (NRA) or any other organization.Whats next? Quote PETA?
"One only has to look to the NRA’s leadership to discover that the organization is operated by a group of individuals who promote racism, misogyny, homophobia, anti-immigrant animus, religious bigotry, anti-environmentalism, and insurrectionism. Some active NRA board members have even had close relationships with brutal dictators in outside nations. Put simply, members of the NRA leadership no longer make for polite company. "
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's the bear? Who reported it? If this happened in 2009, why are the charges being brought up now? Coincidence? </div></div>

Well, it's just another case of the media trying to discredit a great, real American patriot. They took the cue from his comments at the NRA convention and are now resurrecting old news. Ya gotta love Ted for telling it like it is vs some of the Bamster cunts on this website. </div></div>

I think that Ted has done alot for hunting and for gun rights. Undoubtedly his personalty may not work for everyone. But is he has a hunting show he better damn well know the law and regulations where he is hunting and abide by them.

He also has a tendency to take liberties with the truth.

"Nugent, who was rejected by a draft board during the Vietnam War, claimed in a July 25, 2011 interview with Military.com that he has trained with the Navy Seals, Green Berets and Army Rangers in both an official and unofficial capacity since the late 1970s. Nugent claimed his military experience included “sniper work and some various combat type-training.”...

"In an interview with High Times in October 1977, Nugent explained how he avoided being drafted for the Vietnam War: “So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna’ lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it … I got my physical notice thirty days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value … Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up. See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna’ play their own game, and I’m gonna’ destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely anti-drug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded mother *****. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person … So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, ‘Oh my God, put those back on! You *****’ swine, you!’ Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, but my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up. They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherfuckin’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?” A Selective Service form that chronicles Nugent’s draft history can be viewed"

both above from
http://meetthenra.org/nra-member/Ted%20Nugent </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you only count his positive influences, you are probably correct.
However, if you tally in the negatives, then the net is considerably lower, if not below zero. </div></div>

Don't suppose you care to share your positives and negatives so we can judge as to whether or not you are above Ted and your critique of his morales and values are indeed superior to his??

Not a gungho Ted Nugent fan but he is farther up my morale ladder than many of those who are quick to judge him and what he stands for!

I don't know him personally and doubt anyone here does, therefore we haven't a clue as to what is in his heart back then or now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the best course of action is to listen to the one making money off your blind faith in his support of your "cause".
For people that talk all the time of proverbial "sheep" in society gun owners are often the most vocal and least aware of the games being played with politics.
Reagan and Bush were in office for the passage of two of the most limiting pieces of firearms legislation ever imposed on firearms owners.
I am not a big believer in Obama, Holder, Clinton, Communism etc... but Ted Nugent is an opportunistic, self serving windbag.

To address the analogy of hunting being akin to a police officer following you, it fits if you're driving a vehicle obviously meant for street racing. Ted Nugent gets extra scrutiny because he plays fast and loose with the rules, not because Obama has an axe to grind with him.

A really sad example of consumerism vs culture in the gun community?
SHOT Show, lines around the displays to get an autograph from Ted Nugent, draft dodger, all of the show.
John Plaster, a veteran, had a small crowd in attendance.

I know that neither Tucker or I will change anyone's convictions on the matter but I think that there is a lot more to gun ownership than voting right wing and following the herd.
Looking at the world through politically polarized glasses is not going to give you a clear image of the world.

ps I hope none of you bought any of Glenn Becks gold
smirk.gif
. </div></div>

One of the best posts I've read in a long time. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't suppose you care to share your positives and negatives so we can judge as to whether or not you are above Ted and your critique of his morales and values are indeed superior to his??
</div></div>

Ted's the self-proclaimed chosen one.
I'm just Thomas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #CC0000">For all of them, and the NRA, the money is in the fight, not in the solution.</span> </div></div> </div></div>

And call me a cynic, but this bit of wisdom is a jewel. And not just when referring to the NRA.

So then for all of you anti NRA guys what is the "solution"?

I am sure willing to listen to other ideas but for right now the NRA is all we have! If I had a choice I wouldn't support them either but currently everyone has negative comments but are the pot calling the kettle black, in other words, all talk and NO SOLUTION!!!

Pretty easy to condemn! Just think if the power of 80 million gunowners could come together vs argueing amongest ourselves, being too cheap to contribute but enjoy all the benefits and talking shit just for the sake of talking shit about others?

I remember watching that episode....I was scratching my head wondering how someone could take 2 bear in one day...getting a bighorn sheep tag in nevada takes about 5 years and some luck.
He was in a tree stand and the bear was right below him. It was about a 15 yard shot. He was using those day-glow arrows and I put the tv on slo-mo and watched the arrow go into the lungs and out the other side. The bear ran off but I knew he wouldnt last long.
I dont remember exactly where the other one was hit but he couldnt miss from that distance. He's pretty good with a bow.
I just figured since he was a "celebrity" they made an exception for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So then for all of you anti NRA guys what is the "solution"?

I am sure willing to listen to other ideas but for right now the NRA is all we have! If I had a choice I wouldn't support them either but currently everyone has negative comments but are the pot calling the kettle black, in other words, all talk and NO SOLUTION!!!

Pretty easy to condemn! Just think if the power of 80 million gunowners could come together vs argueing amongest ourselves, being too cheap to contribute but enjoy all the benefits and talking shit just for the sake of talking shit about others? </div></div>

Not condemning the NRA at all. I am, and have been, a member for over 35 years.
I have been a US citizen (Thank God!) all my life. I don't always agree with everything they do either.
I am not giving up my membership in either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunting is like driving. If a cop follows you for five miles at some point he is going to find a reason to pull you over if that's his goal. No matter how ethically or morally pure we think we are at some point we all break the law.

If I was in Alaska shot a bear thought it was a miss, made a solid effort to find blood etc. and found none, you're damn straight I'm shooting another. </div></div>

Well stated...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
it is estimated that the average american commits 3 felonies a day without even knowing it.
</div></div>

Who's doing the estimating? </div></div>

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594032556

very mundane things are illegal. who would of thought the feds would of been raiding gibson guitars for possessing the wrong type of wood. the lacy act, which is the law used to charge gibson, forbids anyone to break certain laws of OTHER COUNTRIES.
that is only one ways of many people are ensnared in the federal legal structure that contains more crimes than they can even count.

i think americans have a very skewed perception of what a felon is. felons are not just murderers and rapists. these are the real felons. 'felons' who ship lobsters in the wrong bags, sell raw milk to people who want it, or video tape cops in various states where it is prohibited are not what we normally think of as felons.

shoot think about it like this. in vermont there is no permit required to carry openly or conceal a firearm. yet if the same person constitutionally carrying in vermont steps into massachussetts, he is a felon.

there was a case in new jersey not to long ago where a guy was moving back to NJ from colorado and after inquiring to the NJ state police as to how to transport his handguns, he disassembled them and stored them in his trunk during his move. he was sentenced to 7 years. i believe the governor pardoned him

stossel also recently had that author on his show. he also produced a show called 'john stossels illegal america.' check it out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
it is estimated that the average american commits 3 felonies a day without even knowing it.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594032556
</div></div>

The cases cited in the book do not seem to equate to what "Average Americans" do in the course of a day.

FAIL.

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/07/11/book-review-three-felonies-a-day.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the promise of the back flap, the title itself, made the contents disappointing. As I made my way through the chapters, one problem kept slapping me in the face: In the scheme of unfair, abusive, overreaching prosecutions, Harvey's cases didn't even make the first cut. To the extent I already knew about the cases, they offered no new insight, as if Harvey was cautious not to disclose anything too personal and perhaps covered by privilege. That's fine, but if you're not going to tell more than what's already publicly available, there's really not much reason to tell the story again.

<span style="font-weight: bold">More troubling was that the book essentially disproves its thesis, that while the government could use the broad, vague wealth of laws available to it to go after the most innocuous conduct by ordinary people, the book offers nothing to suggest it actually does.</span> In almost every instance, the conduct involved emitted a sufficient odor to distinguish it from the type of things that ordinary folks do. While they reflect prosecutions that should never have happened, they aren't so absurd or off the wall to cause fear amongst the masses or outrage within the bar. The distinctions often relied on a technical understanding of law that only a legal wonk could appreciate.</div></div>

Brutus,
I totally agree with the point you are making but I do not think it is applicable in this case because Ted has proven to be either blissfully unaware of local game laws or intentionally pushing the envelope.
The fact that Ted behaves as he does on camera, profiting from the promotion of that behavior through mass media really is, in my opinion, the root of why he was charged in Alaska.
They can't allow someone to promote a violation of their game laws.

Hopefully someone got fired for this on Teds staff because it was really dumb to let it happen, tape it, keep the video and finally air it.

Animals were here before laws. People were killing animals for food before laws. Animals are still here. People are still here. I think it will go on like that for a long time after I am gone and after Uncle Ted is gone and after everyone on this forum is gone.

I say we stand behind Ted.

I mean how many other ex-rockers can we say on on "our side' of the gun issues?

the stones?

Zeppelin?

AC/DC?

im just sayin....

Is the ex-rocker demographic an important one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the ex-rocker demographic an important one? </div></div>

Maybe not, but we need all the help we can get. Hollywood is NOT on our side for the most part.

The common debate is either;
1) Nugent on "our" side or team
2) Current hunting infringement situation

I don't want be a Ted hater. What I have done is observed his rhetoric beyond words and to what purpose it leads to. His stage antics, formal and informal interviews, website.

If you think that either of the two situations above in the Ted pulpit is promoting gun or hunting rights, you are sadly mistaken. Ted Nugent's case for rights is most often based on violent and rambling points against political figures or macabre rape and death situations where the word “I” and “gun” prevail against a world of stupidity.

"Bad-ass?" Gettin-it-dun?" Is this a tolerable side-show or someone who you would promote to represent you? Is there tolerance or ignorance in separation that he's fighting the good fight?

Let me present this case; In a hypothetical situation YOU have been taken into custody for using a firearm in self defense. Defense calls Ted Nugent to the stand. Sound good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Animals were here before laws. People were killing animals for food before laws. Animals are still here. People are still here. I think it will go on like that for a long time after I am gone and after Uncle Ted is gone and after everyone on this forum is gone.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say we stand behind Ted.
the stones?
Zeppelin?
AC/DC?
im just sayin.... </div></div>

heavy stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: truth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's such a douche bag. </div></div>

I agree, wasnt he a draft doger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say we stand behind Ted.

the stones?

Zeppelin?

AC/DC?

im just sayin.... </div></div>

British
British
Aussie

Why would they care?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Animals were here before laws. People were killing animals for food before laws. Animals are still here. People are still here. I think it will go on like that for a long time after I am gone and after Uncle Ted is gone and after everyone on this forum is gone. </div></div>

1870's - American Bison Skulls to be Processed for Fertilizer

Js85p.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Animals were here before laws. People were killing animals for food before laws. Animals are still here. People are still here. I think it will go on like that for a long time after I am gone and after Uncle Ted is gone and after everyone on this forum is gone. </div></div>

</div></div>

And after all that, there are still bison in the United States.... Go figure...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And after all that, there are still bison in the United States.... Go figure... </div></div>

Because regulations to protect the resource were implemented.
Sorry. I didn't realize I needed to spell that part out for you. I'll try not to give you any more benefit of the doubt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And after all that, there are still bison in the United States.... Go figure... </div></div>

Because regulations to protect the resource were implemented.
Sorry. I didn't realize I needed to spell that part out for you. I'll try no to give you any more benefit of the doubt. </div></div>

How did the "regulations to protect the resources" turn out for the mule deer of Kaibab Mesa? (There we go again, thinking we know what's best for everything). But I'm getting off the subject at hand.

Those of you who aren't fond of Ted, do you think he isn't truly passionate about what he believes in? Do you think his "pseudo-patriotic" ramblings are just for personal gain? Do you think he is just tricking us into believing he is on "our side" of the hunting debate?

I believe Nugent has our sport's best interest at heart. He is passionate and isn't afraid to say what he thinks because he believes with great conviction that he is correct and there is no point in mincing words when you are right.

No. Regulation was too little and too late for the herds to make it back on their own.

It also took extraordinary effort from people who cared enough to devote their time, money, and efforts into making sure that the bison didn't disappear from continent.
People like Pete Dupree, Scotty Philip, Michel Pablo, Charles Allard, Molly Goodnight

I couldn't find Ted Nugent in my research.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Those of you who aren't fond of Ted, do you think he isn't truly passionate about what he believes in? </div></div>

I think he's very passionate about what he believes in.
I would equate his level of passion to that of Charles Manson.

He's not on my side. He's on the debate side of the hunting debate. It's how he makes his living and how he gets the attention he so fervently craves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Those of you who aren't fond of Ted, do you think he isn't truly passionate about what he believes in? </div></div>

I think he's very passionate about what he believes in.
I would equate his level of passion to that of Charles Manson.

He's not on my side. He's on the debate side of the hunting debate.<span style="color: #CC0000"> It's how he makes his living and how he gets the attention he so fervently craves.</span> </div></div>

And that is why Ol Ted just can't win. He is in it for the money, not the sport of hunting. Personally, I like him BUT he is full of shit. All that "feel the animals soul" voodoo bullshit he casts is what makes him interesting to watch. It's a front.

A guy that crazy doesn't need a show, he needs a Daytime Talk Show like Jerry Springer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Let me present this case; In a hypothetical situation YOU have been taken into custody for using a firearm in self defense. Defense calls Ted Nugent to the stand. Sound good?
</div></div>

I think this is the best offering I've seen on how many of us feel about Ted Nugent.

There are plenty of other celebrities who shoot and hunt. I would choose just about any of them over Ted Nugent to do my bidding in any debate.

Karl Malone
Gerald McRaney
Eva Longoria
Chipper Jones
Miranda Lambert
Blake Shelton
Jewel
Tim Sylvia
Jake Peavy
Hell, even Jeff Foxworthy has been a more effective force in representing hunters in a positive manner than Ted has been.

Dan henderson was hunting with the christinson arms guys

How much money do you guys think Ted makes off this stuff? I can tell you with all certainty doesn't make shit off his television show, might break even at best. He doesn't have a product line to promote (I think he has re-branded bullets). Does Beck pay him to come on the radio? How much are his speaking fees at the NRA? I'm willing to bet he doesn't make anywhere near the money off of this as you believe. And certainly not enough to call it a livelihood.

I've met and talked hunting with Blake Shelton, you don't want that guy anywhere near you.

No, I wouldn't want Ted representing me in a legal case but I'd take him over any of the people listed above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much money do you guys think Ted makes off this stuff? </div></div>

Much of what he does doesn't profit him directly, but it keeps him endeared to his fan base. They go to his shows and buy his music and any other thing he endorses or promotes.

His net worth is around $20 million, and he makes around $2 million a year, so I'd say he's doing OK with it.

page7-img1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brutus,
I totally agree with the point you are making but I do not think it is applicable in this case because Ted has proven to be either blissfully unaware of local game laws or intentionally pushing the envelope.
The fact that Ted behaves as he does on camera, profiting from the promotion of that behavior through mass media really is, in my opinion, the root of why he was charged in Alaska.

Hopefully someone got fired for this on Teds staff because it was really dumb to let it happen, tape it, keep the video and finally air it.
</div></div>

i think you have a point.
since he is a high value target, and is bold about it, he got beat down to size.

im merely pointing out that every single american has broken laws, often times without even knowing it. anyone that owns a firearm, has surely broken some obscure regulation somewhere, some how.

i have a different view of game laws than most.
i live near a national park where they reintroduced elk. the elk destroy peoples property, trample dogs and live stock, destroy fences, etc. the national park service wont restrain them, they tell you to call the county. and if you defend your property you are a felon. the county animal control wont touch them because they are 'national park services' problem. and if you get within 50ft of an elk, you can get a 5000$ fine.

in another area where the national forest circus created a rattlesnake sanctuary. my families farm was infiltrated by rattle snakes and you face charges for killing them.

i guess the crux of the issue is, i do not support throwing a guy in jail or making him pay an extortion racket/fine when he committed a 'crime' that harmed no ones life, liberty or property. this sort of thing happens all the time, intentionally or unintentionally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brutus1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brutus,

</div></div>

i think you have a point.
since he is a high value target, and is bold about it, he got beat down to size.

im merely pointing out that every single american has broken laws, often times without even knowing it. anyone that owns a firearm, has surely broken some obscure regulation somewhere, some how.

i have a different view of game laws than most.
i live near a national park where they reintroduced elk. the elk destroy peoples property, trample dogs and live stock, destroy fences, etc. the national park service wont restrain them, they tell you to call the county. and if you defend your property you are a felon. the county animal control wont touch them because they are 'national park services' problem. and if you get within 50ft of an elk, you can get a 5000$ fine.

in another area where the national forest circus created a rattlesnake sanctuary. my families farm was infiltrated by rattle snakes and you face charges for killing them.

i guess the crux of the issue is, i do not support throwing a guy in jail or making him pay an extortion racket/fine when he committed a 'crime' that harmed no ones life, liberty or property. this sort of thing happens all the time, intentionally or unintentionally. </div></div>

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">More troubling was that the book essentially disproves its thesis, that while the government could use the broad, vague wealth of laws available to it to go after the most innocuous conduct by ordinary people, the book offers nothing to suggest it actually does.</span> </div></div>

scalia spoke to this before.

he essentially said that if a lawyer told a client that 'so and so is illegal, but dont worry about it because they probably wont prosecute you...' the lawyer would be disbarred.

who would of thought, gibson guitars would of been raided for something as simple as possessing illegal 'wood?'

you must realize the book speaks on 'averages' across the spectrum of americans. sort of like how they say the average american has 2.4 kids.

lets face it, there are enough federal state and local laws that makes nearly any average american a criminal. sell gas to cheap? jail time in wisconsin. forget to change your address on a drivers license? jail could be your penalty. milk seller without a USDA label on the milk? felon.
etc etc ad infinitum

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much money do you guys think Ted makes off this stuff? </div></div>

Much of what he does doesn't profit him directly, but it keeps him endeared to his fan base. They go to his shows and buy his music and any other thing he endorses or promotes.

His net worth is around $20 million, and he makes around $2 million a year, so I'd say he's doing OK with it.

page7-img1.jpg
</div></div>

I get the impression some here believe he is getting rich directly from his strongly held convictions. He may indirectly make money by keeping his fan base happy as you said but he isn't getting rich or making anything off retelling his story on Beck's show(s) etc.

I don't think he is in it to get rich, I'm sure he makes a little but if he was a fraud he would have slipped up by now, rather he has been consistent through out regarding the hunting debate and gun rights in general.

Js85p.jpg
</div></div>

Where did you get my family photo? It shouldn't be exploited!!!!! That is a pic of my Uncle Sven on the bottom. He shot all those 'buff's' in that photo on the family farm here just 30 miles south of town! Used the very first UH-1H Huey ever made, long before our military even considered a contract for them to use in Nam in the later 60's! Only changes made to it from then to hunt 'the buff' until 60's were addition of fossil fuel turbine vs coal, gattling gun changed over to mini and no radio!

Oh,....and more misinformation, we didn't sell them for "fertilizer", we sold them to Cabela's and to the tribes to paint scences on and resell at tourist traps throughout the Black Hills! We called it "stimulating the economy" but didn't use the taxpayers money for it
wink.gif

What....you questioning my intelligence like you are all others and their views/opinions?
smile.gif