• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ted Nugent Pleads No Contest to CA Game Violations

G

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/18/2965953/rocker-nugent-pleads-no-contest.html

Rock star Ted Nugent, a 1970s guitar hero for hits including "Cat Scratch Fever," has recently created a successful second career as an advocate for hunting and outdoor ethics.

His television show, "Spirit of the Wild," is a four-time "Golden Moose" award winner on the Outdoor Channel. He has used his celebrity status to help promote better pay and working conditions for California game wardens, and consistently rails against poachers and other wildlife criminals.

So it was with a double take of disbelief that two California game wardens sat down in February to watch the show, and witnessed Nugent allegedly violate several California hunting laws.

The Feb. 9 episode showed Nugent killing a young male deer with bow and arrow near the El Dorado County town of Somerset.

The wardens were alarmed because the footage appeared to show Nugent killing a "spike" buck, or one whose antlers have not yet grown long enough to fork. Killing such a young deer is illegal in California.

It also appeared to show the deer feeding on a powdery material spread on the ground before it was shot.

The Department of Fish and Game launched an investigation, spokesman Patrick Foy said, which later revealed this material to be a commercial deer bait. It is illegal in California to hunt with bait.

"We looked at it and we just shook our heads, saying 'I can't believe he actually aired this episode,' " Foy said. "We were all really disappointed to see this happen with a guy who is a representative of hunters."

Nugent was later charged with 11 misdemeanors related to events that unfolded on his own television show, Foy said.

On Friday, following a plea deal with the Yuba County district attorney, Nugent pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in Yuba Superior Court: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/18/2965953/rocker-nugent-pleads-no-contest.html#ixzz0xTa2R14F

Re: Ted Nugent Pleads No Contest to CA Game Violations

Well fuck. Kind of glad to see no one is above the law. But as someone who is in the outdoor television industry (behind the camera) I can tell you the only difference between Ted and all the other shows is someone took the time to nit-pick his. In Kommiefornia of all places, what a surprise!

Yet another reason for me to stay the hell away from Kalifornia. there is too many things wrong with that whole story; Ted Nugent shooting a spike?couldn't he "bait" in any other deer. And you have to have a cop sign your tag? WTF!!! its bad enough that they waste all my damn hunting season checkin over every other god damn aspect of my life, now I have to go find a mother fucker and ask him to sign me off?? Fuck that state!!

well the good thing is that he pleaded no contest, and didn't resist it or try to get out of it.

is it possible he didn't know he was over state lines? maybe, but still is the huinter's responsibility to know whose land they are on, and have permission to be there.

again at least he didn't pull the usual celebrity BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He has used his celebrity status to help promote better pay and working conditions for California game wardens, and consistently rails against poachers and other wildlife criminals.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/18/2965953/rocker-nugent-pleads-no-contest.html#ixzz0xTa2R14F
</div></div>

Got to love the irony here.

From everything ive heard & read about Ted at least he ate the deer.

Another hero gone to hell.

I do not think so, he stood up in court like a man and didn't cry fowl or have 5or6 lawyers throwing out motions. He is more of a man then a lot of others are. It only goes to show you that he is just a man and makes mistakes? We will never hear the full story anyways. Hang tight Ted.

Re: Ted Nugent Pleads No Contest to CA Game Violat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not think so, he stood up in court like a man and didn't cry fowl or have 5or6 lawyers throwing out motions. He is more of a man then a lot of others are. It only goes to show you that he is just a man and makes mistakes? We will never hear the full story anyways. Hang tight Ted. </div></div>

Hell ya +1

I've never been a big fan of his.
In my eyes, he's nothing more than necessary evil. The radical offset to the other equal but opposite extreme.

It pisses me off sometimes that he has been somehow anointed the spokesperson for all sportsmen. He would not have gotten my vote.

As for the California thing. Well, yes, they have some pretty fucked up laws.
They also have some pretty distinct borders.

Pretty much if you own guns or believe in freedom, you pretty much want to stop at Arizona.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty much if you own guns or believe in freedom, you pretty much want to stop at Arizona. </div></div>

Or Nevada

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They also have some pretty distinct borders. </div></div>

Minimum size and no baiting are common game laws. Every non-resident hunter should(or does)know the local laws. I'm indifferent to Ted Nugent but I've read some other stories where:

"DocGKR
Ballistic Expert!

Posted 16 April 2010 13:35
Mr. Nugent would probably do well in politics, as he is as disingenuous, dishonorable, and deceitful as most current politicians.

The following story from a friend of mine, who is well known to several members of this board, should illustrate this point:

quote:
"Two years ago my wife and I attended the SHOT Show in Orlando, FL. After a couple days of walking the show Mrs. Frogman was a little sluggish getting up in the morning. It was strongly suggested by her that I go get our morning coffee while she caught a few more Z's. I cautioned that she may miss something by sleeping in as more often than not I had run into someone interesting; a celebrity or whathaveyou, at that particular Starbuck's. This mere tantalizing factoid would not budge the woman, however, and so I was off to retrieve caffeine alone. I ordered our drinks and stood at the drink pick-up area patiently awaiting our elixirs when Ted Nugent, his wife, and someone I presumed to be his daughter walked in. Never one to fawn on celebrities I feigned ignorance as to who he was and continued my vigil waiting for the drinks.

As I was on leave at the time, I had a couple weeks growth of beard and was wearing average civilian clothing. Ted initiated a friendly conversation about nothing in particular with me after signing a couple of autographs for patrons and sitting with his family next to where I stood. His wife glanced at me from behind her morning paper where she had conveniently hid out while he signed the autograph or two before seating himself and engaging me in idle chit chat. She gave me a brief once over and returned to her paper, intent on dismissing me, as well. About this time Ted asked me if I was in town for the SHOT Show and I told him I was. He said he was, too, and that he was an avid hunter. I told him that that was nice. He asked me if it was the first time I had been to SHOT and I told him, "No", that I had been several times before. He asked why I had been so many times and I simply told him that "my work sent me nearly every year." He pressed me further about what I did and I told him "I was in the Navy".

At this point I was aware of the newspaper dipping slightly behind him and saw only one of his wife's eyes above the paper examining me once more, but more carefully this time. Then the single eye disappeared behind the paper once more, apparently satisfied that something interesting may develop here after all. Oblivious to his wife, Ted extended his hand and said that his name was "Ted". I returned the favor and he began to tell me how he had trained Navy SEALs. I was amazed. "Really?", I said. "What do you do for a living that allows you to train those guys?" The newspaper slowly began to lower again and a curious grin crossed his wife's face. He said nothing of his rock life-style, in fact he never mentioned his full name. But he went on and on about how he had trained SEALs often as well as Secret Service Agents and a whole host of other high speed characters. As his wife crossed her arms and grinned a "I knew this day was coming grin", I began to fill out my mental scorecard by asking....

"Who did you train?" (SEALs, Secret Service, Cops..etc...heavy emphasis on SEALs.

"When did you train them?" (Vague answer.)

"Where did you train them?" (Texas somewhere)

And then came the famous:

"What are some of the SEALs names?" "Oh, you wouldn't know them.", he said.

"Sure, I would", I said. "I've been a SEAL for about 20 years. Lay some names on me."

A look of horror and panic hit his face as he stumbled for words and couldn't come up with a single name. [Embarrassed] His wife beamed in the background clearly amused at this development. I let him dangle, clearly embarrassed for a while until I thought he'd had enough. Then I changed the subject to his favorite pistol cartridge the 10mm and 1911's. He eagerly took that bait in order to drop the previous subject. By then my drinks were up and I departed. I couldn't help it, though, when I got to my car. I fished out one of my official business cards and went back to the store. In front of his wife I gave it to him and said something to the effect of, "Well, if you're ever passing through Virginia and you want to really shoot with a SEAL here's how to get hold of me." His wife was in total bliss as he took my card.

Some of you may remember that this was early 2006 and Mrs. Frogman was busy trying to raise money to help the families of the guys we lost on June 28, 2005. When I told her the story she was miffed at herself for missing it by sleeping in. She also felt like she had an in with ol' Ted because he had grossly exaggerated his affiliation with SEALs and she was hopeful that he would do something to chip in when it came to helping real SEAL widows and such. He never returned her e-mail, nor did he ever call me. But that would NOT be the last time I ran into ol' Ted Nugent. Stand-by for part two....

Frogman"
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5436084761/m/542107046?r=542107046#542107046

As this is heresay to me, I reserve personal judgment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another reason for me to stay the hell away from Kalifornia. there is too many things wrong with that whole story; Ted Nugent shooting a spike?couldn't he "bait" in any other deer. And you have to have a cop sign your tag? WTF!!! its bad enough that they waste all my damn hunting season checkin over every other god damn aspect of my life, now I have to go find a mother fucker and ask him to sign me off?? Fuck that state!! </div></div>

On behalf of California ...

Fuck you too... Dude!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jephs422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, give me an effin break. He baited an immature buck and shot it. How the fuck is that CA's fault. </div></div>

Finally the right perspective on this one. Regs are regs.
Ted's a douche.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ted's a douche.</div></div>

Yes but "Stranglehold" was a good tune!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ted's a douche.</div></div>

Yes but "Stranglehold" was a good tune! </div></div>

Without a doubt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They also have some pretty distinct borders. </div></div>

Minimum size and no baiting are common game laws. Every non-resident hunter should(or does)know the local laws. I'm indifferent to Ted Nugent but I've read some other stories where:

"DocGKR
Ballistic Expert!

Posted 16 April 2010 13:35
Mr. Nugent would probably do well in politics, as he is as disingenuous, dishonorable, and deceitful as most current politicians.

The following story from a friend of mine, who is well known to several members of this board, should illustrate this point:

quote:
"Two years ago my wife and I attended the SHOT Show in Orlando, FL. After a couple days of walking the show Mrs. Frogman was a little sluggish getting up in the morning. It was strongly suggested by her that I go get our morning coffee while she caught a few more Z's. I cautioned that she may miss something by sleeping in as more often than not I had run into someone interesting; a celebrity or whathaveyou, at that particular Starbuck's. This mere tantalizing factoid would not budge the woman, however, and so I was off to retrieve caffeine alone. I ordered our drinks and stood at the drink pick-up area patiently awaiting our elixirs when Ted Nugent, his wife, and someone I presumed to be his daughter walked in. Never one to fawn on celebrities I feigned ignorance as to who he was and continued my vigil waiting for the drinks.

As I was on leave at the time, I had a couple weeks growth of beard and was wearing average civilian clothing. Ted initiated a friendly conversation about nothing in particular with me after signing a couple of autographs for patrons and sitting with his family next to where I stood. His wife glanced at me from behind her morning paper where she had conveniently hid out while he signed the autograph or two before seating himself and engaging me in idle chit chat. She gave me a brief once over and returned to her paper, intent on dismissing me, as well. About this time Ted asked me if I was in town for the SHOT Show and I told him I was. He said he was, too, and that he was an avid hunter. I told him that that was nice. He asked me if it was the first time I had been to SHOT and I told him, "No", that I had been several times before. He asked why I had been so many times and I simply told him that "my work sent me nearly every year." He pressed me further about what I did and I told him "I was in the Navy".

At this point I was aware of the newspaper dipping slightly behind him and saw only one of his wife's eyes above the paper examining me once more, but more carefully this time. Then the single eye disappeared behind the paper once more, apparently satisfied that something interesting may develop here after all. Oblivious to his wife, Ted extended his hand and said that his name was "Ted". I returned the favor and he began to tell me how he had trained Navy SEALs. I was amazed. "Really?", I said. "What do you do for a living that allows you to train those guys?" The newspaper slowly began to lower again and a curious grin crossed his wife's face. He said nothing of his rock life-style, in fact he never mentioned his full name. But he went on and on about how he had trained SEALs often as well as Secret Service Agents and a whole host of other high speed characters. As his wife crossed her arms and grinned a "I knew this day was coming grin", I began to fill out my mental scorecard by asking....

"Who did you train?" (SEALs, Secret Service, Cops..etc...heavy emphasis on SEALs.

"When did you train them?" (Vague answer.)

"Where did you train them?" (Texas somewhere)

And then came the famous:

"What are some of the SEALs names?" "Oh, you wouldn't know them.", he said.

"Sure, I would", I said. "I've been a SEAL for about 20 years. Lay some names on me."

A look of horror and panic hit his face as he stumbled for words and couldn't come up with a single name. [Embarrassed] His wife beamed in the background clearly amused at this development. I let him dangle, clearly embarrassed for a while until I thought he'd had enough. Then I changed the subject to his favorite pistol cartridge the 10mm and 1911's. He eagerly took that bait in order to drop the previous subject. By then my drinks were up and I departed. I couldn't help it, though, when I got to my car. I fished out one of my official business cards and went back to the store. In front of his wife I gave it to him and said something to the effect of, "Well, if you're ever passing through Virginia and you want to really shoot with a SEAL here's how to get hold of me." His wife was in total bliss as he took my card.

Some of you may remember that this was early 2006 and Mrs. Frogman was busy trying to raise money to help the families of the guys we lost on June 28, 2005. When I told her the story she was miffed at herself for missing it by sleeping in. She also felt like she had an in with ol' Ted because he had grossly exaggerated his affiliation with SEALs and she was hopeful that he would do something to chip in when it came to helping real SEAL widows and such. He never returned her e-mail, nor did he ever call me. But that would NOT be the last time I ran into ol' Ted Nugent. Stand-by for part two....

Frogman"
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5436084761/m/542107046?r=542107046#542107046

As this is heresay to me, I reserve personal judgment. </div></div>

As much as I think Ted is stuge to some degree....this thing seems to bring to mind a 19 year old with an ex girlfriend who dumped him for a football hero....

As for Ted I think its great he shows that hunting and life aren't clean and tidy. But he seems to need a bit of practice...especially if you make yourself, whether you wanted to or not, the showman for hunting reality.

My girlfriend and I were watching the dual survival show this week and even though shes a country horse gal she asked what the big deal over the heart was.

I had to tell her that even though in the past it was a huge source of vitamins and nutrients, these days its allot more about respect for the animal and the appreciation of the kill to share/split the heart among hunters. The same with blooding the face of a young hunter.

I like Ted, hes helped support my family/extended family. I just feel that if he's gonna be the top tier of shooters down here the DRT ideal should be his and having animals run away is unacceptable.

As for Cali, I can only assume through a few years of pig hunting and deer management, But I know that personal property game management hasn't had much to do with the game wardens ideals for a while.

At any rate I hope the above article/observations are untrue, and hope that anybody with teds supposed ideals would do anything the could to help current and former military peeps of all types...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another reason for me to stay the hell away from Kalifornia. there is too many things wrong with that whole story; Ted Nugent shooting a spike?couldn't he "bait" in any other deer. And you have to have a cop sign your tag? WTF!!! its bad enough that they waste all my damn hunting season checkin over every other god damn aspect of my life, now I have to go find a mother fucker and ask him to sign me off?? Fuck that state!! </div></div>

On behalf of California ...

Fuck you too... Dude! </div></div>

Accept it and move one.... Cali sucks compared to most states. Their gun laws make me sick.

Yes Californias gun laws suck ass but, WTF does that have to do with an illegal bowhunt? Every state has game laws to follow, TN decided not to follow them instead wanting to get "the shot" on camera.

While I won't defend Uncle Teds actions, I do think he may be singled out here because of his celebrity status. I can spot violations on almost every hunting show on T.V.

Uncle Ted is guilty of not knowing and following the laws of the land. He stood up in court and took his lumps like a man.

I don’t think he would have done it if he knew it was illegal and would not air the tape on national TV if he knew it was evidence of illegal activity.
Ted Nugent is not perfect and admits it. At least he gets out there and actively promotes all things related to our Bill of Rights.

Long live Uncle Ted!