• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me I'm not an idiot

M.Sanchez

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2012
Local sportsman's warehouse gets a shipment of both .223 and .308 POF AR's in today while I'm buying my ration of 22lr and needless to say I didn't get one.

Reason being I'm awaiting my Gap-10, that by the sounds of it should be in by April with my December order.

Should I have got one anyways? I currently don't own anything in an AR platform.

Re: Tell me I'm not an idiot

Yup your an idiot. You could have done some of us a favor and sold them to us at a slight profit margin for your time and effort.

Who knows...prices could potentially slide back down. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My vote: idiot.
smile.gif

Reason: You'll never regret buying a possibly banned semi-auto rifle in 2013.

Conclusion: You'll always regret not doing so.

Lesson to avoid: Paralysis from analysis.

I honestly didn't think of flipping it, I just didn't want to get stuck with 6k worth of AR bills.

What was a "normal" price for a POF 308 w/16.5" barrel?

See, you're already on the hook for the $3.5k GAP-10 bill. You should have gotten a POF .223 because everyone should have an AR15. Everyone.

The little black rifle is to men what the little black dress is to hot women.

He said they were POF .308 not .223.

They had both .223 and .308 at 1:30 today. I doubt it but if they still have one tomorrow I'll pick one up for someone for cost plus a little something for my time.

I'll call it the gap10 kitty donation.

What were they asking for them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said they were POF .308 not .223. </div></div>

I assume you did poorly on the SAT reading portion...

$2200 on the .223 and $2700 on the .308

No I am not a pussy I didn't take no SAT. I did well enough on the ASVAB to not have to kick rocks for four years. But I did miss the .223 he did have in his post. I am man enough to say I missed something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I am not a pussy I didn't take no SAT. I did well enough on the ASVAB to not have to kick rocks for four years. But I did miss the .223 he did have in his post. I am man enough to say I missed something. </div></div>

Just pump the brakes on busting another member's chops next time. We're all friends here.

OP, $2200 is a bit more than I'd pay for a POF, but I'm still rolling by pre-Sandy Hook prices. That price is probably reasonable considering the current climate. POF is a good rifle so long as you don't have to deal with CS. You're never going to be wrong having a high quality AR in your gun safe.

Your not an idiot. Stay calm you will be fine. AWB won't pass as long as we stay vigilant. Keep writing letters to your representatives. I will say I just got my Gap-10 .308 and I ordered a Kac SR-15 just for fun and plinking SHTF gun. I would say if ya get a decent price on a .223 get it but don't pay stupid money. I paid 1950.00 for my Knights and some dumb asses are paying that for a base model ar. LMFAO.

I have a pof 308 and have owned 3 Lmt Mws's

The pof shoots just as well as the Mws but I'm not in love with the pencil barrel. I do like the way the BCG looks brand new after 500 rounds with no cleaning. I also like the hanguard.

The Lmt is built like a tank, there is no doubt you could beat an elephant to death with it. The pof is not as solid, but it's still a fine device.

I had some fte issues with the pof. I still have issues with the buffer tube:buffer clearance. Pof said send it back..,but it's very rare now that the gun is broken in.

Your not an idiot, but if the get a Mws in...buy it.

You're not an idiot. Patiently wait for your GAP> I "just" got mine. 1st time to the range, and I'm all smiles. They are GREAT guns. Now. I do agree with the "little black dress" comment An assortment of Colts, Rock rivers, and Stag's fills out the "Wardrobe "Always nice to have choices. As a woman can't have too many shoes, and a golfer enough clubs, a man can't have "too many" guns.Just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I am not a pussy I didn't take no SAT. I did well enough on the ASVAB to not have to kick rocks for four years. But I did miss the .223 he did have in his post. I am man enough to say I missed something. </div></div>
Maybe you didn't take the SAT but your english sucks. Ease up on what you consider is a measure of who's a pussy....many of us DID take it and I doubt we're "pussy's" in spite of that. Don't be so easily offended.....
As to the matter in question: that's a little above "normal" price but there's some speculation as to whether or not prices will EVER be normal again. Like gasoline.......go up a LOT and back down a little

POF is a high quality AR, and one that should hold its value at least as well as the more common names. If no ban comes to fruition you may have paid a little more for it than necessary, but if you want one today it sounds like a nice opportunity.

First week in December I was waiting for my .308 LMT. I bought on speculation never having see/held LMT hardware.

My local gs got some .223 LMTs in so I decided to go check them out hoping it would give me an idea what the .308 would be like.

I was impressed by what I saw handed the rifle back to the salesman and left the store.

15 minutes later I went back and bought it.

Id feel like the worlds biggest idiot right now had I not gone back and bought that rifle.

I have a friend that was in a gs the Monday before Newtown. He had in his hands a brand new Colt M4 clone for $1100.

He wanted to buy it but the woman at the counter ignored him and gave him some crappy counter service so he said screw her and left.

I think he would let her ass rape him now and pay twice the asking price with a smile for the chance to buy that rifle again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spikele</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who knows...prices could potentially slide back down. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. </div></div> That and you might as well be true to yourself. I've bought and sold several rifles but at least wanted and used each for a good while.

Sorry dude. You can officially be stamped as "idiot". But no fret, nothing that is going to change the world one way or another.

Next time, buy it. I promise you won't get stuck with it if you change your mind.

Not an idiot ! have faith .. I was worried my lmt wouldn't arrive in time and almost bought another Ar but I passed and guess what the Lmt arrived I got it because there were two ahead of me on the list that passed on the lmt because it came with a 16 inch barrel and they wanted a 20 inch . what would you call them ? brain dead?

I may be the idiot, but I would jump through hoops for it!

Where does the <span style="font-weight: bold">LWRCi R.E.P.R.</span> fall on the continuum of "quality" AR-10s? I bought one last Spring. It has the 20" barrel and is billed by LWRC as the "sniper" model. This is the 2nd AR I've owned in my life, but I knew just the election alone, never mind the outcome, would send rifles, parts, ammo and components through the roof...again.