• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me pit dwellers, why don’t you have a boat?

Because: If I wanted to hang out on a boat I woulda joined the Navy.

Wait, wut?! Ahhh, "Winterpeg," eh?

Doesn't matter, I am so pasty (outside the farmers tan) I put Casper the fuckin' Ghost to shame and can tan in that shit.

Just sayin'.
you're very close. The full title is:

WinterPeg Manisnowba!

5 months of great fishing, and 7 months of 'very slow and lumpy boating'.

• Haha
Reactions: Not a Sniper
The poors shall inherit the earth and shall have dominion over the birds and the beasts.
Neither shall they venture onto the waters, for that shall forever be the domain of the rich, that they shall flaunt their nice things and show you their rightful place, that you shall be envious and bemoan your lot in life.
Neither shall the poors be counted by USCG as requiring a life preserver. For there will always be poors. They are uncountable, like the grains of sand upon the beaches or the stars in the Heavens.
For should any poor venture upon the waters, they are in peril of demise. They are like the fish out of water.

So sayeth @TheGerman.

The poors shall inherit the earth and shall have dominion over the birds and the beasts.
Neither shall they venture onto the waters, for that shall forever be the domain of the rich, that they shall flaunt their nice things and show you their rightful place, that you shall be envious and bemoan your lot in life.
Neither shall the poors be counted by USCG as requiring a life preserver. For there will always be poors. They are uncountable, like the grains of sand upon the beaches or the stars in the Heavens.
For should any poor venture upon the waters, they are in peril of demise. They are like the fish out of water.

So sayeth @TheGerman.
The "rich" on their boat, and without life preservers LOL!
On their way to Germany I might add, trying to be "rich" somewhere else.

Reactions: Howland
We just finished 'trussing-up' the boat, and are about to put the 'winter cover' on it. Sad, sad day here. Last time this cover went on it, it didn't come off for 2 1/2 years.

And yes, it is -3/-7 right now, outside. Not so fun but I'd rather be fishing.
But are we EVER getting geared up (through the winter) for a bit of a 'multi-day/night excursion-trip with 4 other friends, next season.

We're all looking forward to it, already. Having a "Boaters Anonymous" meeting here (aka: bonfire) in the next week or two.
Do what they do in the Orkney islands, they no longer burn the dead with their boats, they burn their boats at the end of winter to celebrate. Up Helly Aa! If you're really rich and not just a poser you can afford to burn a boat per year, just for fun, and because you can. LOL

Just because.

IMG_0884.jpg

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: Ravenworks
Have had many.
From a 73' Sears and Roebuck 14 foot trihull(The Turd Knuckle)
to a offering from Reggie Fountain.
Filling the first one up was much more fun than the last one.

R

Reactions: Bender
i was taught there are 3 things in life you rent, never buy .... a boat was one of them :)

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Too many friends and family that always wanted something "just a little bigger" so we can go "further". Next thing you know they have a crew on the payroll and you have to be a friggin' engineer just to start the thing.

I've been eyeballing a 16 foot Claka drift boat though...
My next boat is going to be a take-down fishing raft. Stealthcraft boats is fairly local to me (few hours). Check them out too. Innovative stuff in their drift boats.

Challenge accepted.
Oh, he's done it now - I can see it coming houseboat fully equipped with trap doors, levers, and pulley weights - let the engineering begin! Gentleman, start your drawing boards! Mind you no rifles, or other guns should be accepted in the solution now LOL.

• Haha